Warning Messages from Virus Protection Software When Coming to AzB Website

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Is anybody getting warning messages from their virus protection when they come to AzBilliards-dot-com? This morning, I have gotten two of them. I can't remember the name of the first one, but my Norton blocked.

Just now, I got one called "Coinminer Download 6." Norton says it's a trojan.

Is it just my computer, or has anybody else encountered this on AzBilliards?

For my work, I go on hundreds of websites all day long for research, and I am not getting warning messages on those. Just AzBilliards. :frown:

Quesports

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I just got one that said WARNING JAM IS POSTING!!!!!

Who woulda thought!!

Hope you and Keith are well

jackson

"The Sleekly Drifter"
Silver Member
No problem on my laptop but is being blocked and warned on my brother's computer...we both have Norton...

Franky4Eyes

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The message I see says,
"Warning. Site not secure.
Hackers may be trying
to steal private info.
Email, passwords, etc. are at risk."

azhousepro

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Anyone who was getting the warning, can you please try it again and let me know if it is still there.

Thanks,
Mike

ROB.M

:)
Silver Member
<~On a Apple device, ain't got no notifications.../

Hope this prob gets shook down.

Rob.M

tucson9ball

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Is anybody getting warning messages from their virus protection when they come to AzBilliards-dot-com? This morning, I have gotten two of them. I can't remember the name of the first one, but my Norton blocked.

Just now, I got one called "Coinminer Download 6." Norton says it's a trojan.

Is it just my computer, or has anybody else encountered this on AzBilliards?

For my work, I go on hundreds of websites all day long for research, and I am not getting warning messages on those. Just AzBilliards. :frown:

Nothing over here......

Pushout

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Funny you get this with Norton. I haven't used their products in years because of more than one pc that was almost totally destroyed by them. Even if I get Norton on a new computer I immediately uninstall it and replace it with something I trust.

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Funny you get this with Norton. I haven't used their products in years because of more than one pc that was almost totally destroyed by them. Even if I get Norton on a new computer I immediately uninstall it and replace it with something I trust.
I had Norton on a desktop. There was a problem updating. I called support. I gave them remote access. My computer didn't work any more. I reloaded the OS off a CD-ROM and disconnected the machine from the interwebz after getting the 120 pending updates from MicroShaft.

I run with MS security tools now. Only one pack of idiots to blame that way.

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I just got one that said WARNING JAM IS POSTING!!!!!

Who woulda thought!!

Hope you and Keith are well

Beware of the goblins! :grin-square:

Attachments

• Earl and Keith-HALLOWEEN.jpg
    Earl and Keith-HALLOWEEN.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 306

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Yikes! That is scary. Food for thought. I just renewed Norton on 3 computers for $59. I hope I didn't make a mistake.:eek:

Maybe I'll switch to McAfee next year. :)

ctyhntr

RIP Kelly
Silver Member
What Internet browser are you using (Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome, Safari are the big four) and what operating system (Windows, Mac, ChromeOS/Linux).

The warning below is referring to 32-bit Chrome running on Windows 64-bit (likely7,8,9, or 10). If you're not running Windows, and have Chrome browser installed, it could be a fake alert trying to get you to install malware.

Server side:
I checked netcraft, and AZ is running linux, likely apache or nginx. AZ staff can confirm that they're not hosted on Windows server. Outside of major corporations (traditional microsoft shops), linux variations are preferred server hosts.

Here is the Norton description if AZ needs it. It is originating on the AZ site:

Category: Intrusion Prevention
Date & Time,Risk,Activity,Status,Recommended Action,IPS Alert Name,Default Action,Action Taken,Attacking Computer,Attacker URL,Destination Address,Source Address,Traffic Description
10/12/2017 8:57:22 AM,High,An intrusion attempt by azbilliards.com was blocked.,Blocked,No Action Required,Web Attack: JSCoinminer Download 6,No Action Required,No Action Required,"azbilliards.com (184.164.148.234, 80)",www.azbilliards.com,azbilliards.com (184.164.148.234),"TCP, www-http"
Network traffic from <b>www.azbilliards.com/</b> matches the signature of a known attack. The attack was resulted from \DEVICE\HARDDISKVOLUME3\PROGRAM FILES (X86)\GOOGLE\CHROME\APPLICATION\CHROME.EXE. To stop being notified for this type of traffic, in the <b>Actions</b> panel, click <b>Stop Notifying Me</b>.

Last edited: