Who's your US Open pick?

DrCue'sProtege

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Are any of the old guard playing in the US Open this year? I am talking the likes of, but not limited to, Strickland, Archer, Varner, Hall, Hopkins, Reyes, Bustamante, etc, etc. Or are they a thing of the past now?

r/DCP

PoolBum

Ace in the side.
Silver Member
I don't have a pick, but if everyone who's on that player's list is actually playing this is the strongest U.S. Open field ever.

BmoreMoney

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Are any of the old guard playing in the US Open this year? I am talking the likes of, but not limited to, Strickland, Archer, Varner, Hall, Hopkins, Reyes, Bustamante, etc, etc. Or are they a thing of the past now?

r/DCP

Put of these I know Archer is already in. Reyes Def is not in ( yet ?) And don't believe any of the rest are either.

westcoast

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think this is the year that Orcullo finally takes it. If not him, Alex. He has been playing very well this year. Shane always has to be mentioned too. He has owned that tournament in the last 5 years

Moet.1977

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
?

I think this is the year that Orcullo finally takes it. If not him, Alex. He has been playing very well this year. Shane always has to be mentioned too. He has owned that tournament in the last 5 years

I have to agree think this might be Dennis year, is Dennis country end back in the states?
The 18 year old guy think his name is Jason Aranes ( not sure if last name spelled rite)

Also u never count Shaw (eagle eye) out, especially the way he's been playing lately.

Ak Guy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Go figure.

At the level some of these guys play at I think it will depend on who is on their game during the tournament and breaking well. Several of them are good breakers and know how to run a table if the break gives them an opportunity.

I am pulling for Shane to be the first ever 6 time winner. If not him then I am pulling for Chang to get it. Chang has come in second in a few major tournaments and that has to get old after awhile. Chang and others can string several racks together and will be a threat in any 9 Ball match.

Then there is Wu, one of my favorite players to watch and a superb talent.

Shane and some of those Chinese and Taiwan players are a step above most others in 9 Ball in my opinion.

Alex is great at about any game and had Shaw twice in the last year in 9 Ball matches and just missed shots he normally would never miss, so Shaw got it.

For sure Shaw can make 9 Ball look easy, does he run away with 9 Ball matches when he is playing other top tier 9 Baller's? Maybe I missed it.

I will be surprised if Dennis wins it, especially if he plays Chang or Shane for the title as I think Chang is a better 9 Baller then him and I think Shane has his number.

After giving my amateur opinion some one I never heard of may come in and take it.

I think 9 Ball has reached a level with so many great players that several of them can win, no longer do 2 or 3 players dominate every 9 Ball tournament.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Too many champs in this to go picking less than 10 and have a fair shot at guessing, IMO. quite a few folks are gonna play nobody but killers, and somebody that gets to the final 4 is going to have a helluva run through those killers too.
It is a helluva field.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My pick is the one with the highest fargorate

you should put together a top 8, based on fargo and we can see how well it would work if you could bet each of their matches all the way through.

I guess there would be no bet on matches where 2 of your picks play each other...

westcoast

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have to agree think this might be Dennis year, is Dennis country end back in the states?
The 18 year old guy think his name is Jason Aranes ( not sure if last name spelled rite)

Also u never count Shaw (eagle eye) out, especially the way he's been playing lately.

Orcullo is playing in the tournament this weekend in NC.

Shaw is of course a threat to win any tournament. Great shooter.

I would think most of the former winners would enter especially if they are still giving them free entry

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Orcullo is playing in the tournament this weekend in NC.

Shaw is of course a threat to win any tournament. Great shooter.

I would think most of the former winners would enter especially if they are still giving them free entry

I thought Barry had done away with that? Wonder if that was reversed...?