Oscar in big $$$ in Akron Oh

krelldog

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Word in the street is Oscar D playing for 50 k at Kings of Billiards in Akron Oh.

He's playing Ed Hancock ....Hancock getting the 8 and 9 (playing 10 ball) and 2 games on the wire in a race to 50......

Any Updates???

iba7467

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Word in the street is Oscar D playing for 50 k at Kings of Billiards in Akron Oh.

He's playing Ed Hancock ....Hancock getting the 8 and 9 (playing 10 ball) and 2 games on the wire in a race to 50......

Any Updates???

I do not know, but I would bet on Oscar.

DawgAndy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
they were going to play to 25 last night and start again to finish tonight. Probably when Big Ed gets off work. Looked like Oscar was starting to catch a gear when I left but it was early. I do know Oscar lost the first 3 games, gave up BIH in each one. So that would be 5-0, when i left OD had won 4 in a row. And that is a a little more in the middle than what I had heard

Last edited:

KeithS66

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
FYI - To those who wanted to know, I messaged the room yesterday and was told that Oscar won 50 to 30-something.

HUKIT

F* ks Given...Zero
Silver Member
Does anyone know if Uncle Sam gets his ridiculous 25% cut out of this(not that I care if he does)? I'm just curious when the winnings are that huge if they report that as income.

Last edited:

Dave714

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Does anyone know if Uncle Sam gets his 25% cut out of this(not that I care if he does)? I'm just curious when the winnings are that huge if they report that as income.

That's funny !! It's actually closer to 30%

stevelomako

Things could be worse
Silver Member
Does anyone know if Uncle Sam gets his ridiculous 25% cut out of this(not that I care if he does)? I'm just curious when the winnings are that huge if they report that as income.

sure does..

That's funny !! It's actually closer to 30%

Of course they report it and pay the taxes.

You don't think they would do the wrong thing and not report it do you?

That's tax evasion and the IRS kinda frowns on it.

wahcheck

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
sarcasm?

Of course they report it and pay the taxes.

You don't think they would do the wrong thing and not report it do you?

That's tax evasion and the IRS kinda frowns on it.

I had been wondering about this when numerous past matchups were advertised on AZB, such as the One Pocket matchups with Frost/Orcullo or the more recent T.Rex/Orcullo matches.....along with other 9 ball or 10 ball matchups....all delineating the races and amount being put up....

I understand that it's regulated in tournaments payoffs; but I doubt if this happens in many gambling matches.....which is why I wonder why they would advertise it openly online which includes the amount in the middle?

couldnthinkof01

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I know slim to none about tax law. If two people wager each other, does the winner report the gains and the loser get a rebate for losses? This would open a door to something that would be hard to prove for the i.r.s

Kid Dynomite

Dennis (Michael) Wilson
Silver Member
i think the IRS allows the winner to deduct his prior gambling losses. Even though he had a nice payday, I am aware of multiple loses to Keith Bennett for large chunks of change. Plus, loses to Justin Bergman.

Funny, when those guys make a good score there is total silence about the IRS and taxes. This MINORITY wins back a few bucks and its front page news and the topic of the day!

KD

one stroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
i think the IRS allows the winner to deduct his prior gambling losses. Even though he had a nice payday, I am aware of multiple loses to Keith Bennett for large chunks of change. Plus, loses to Justin Bergman.

Funny, when those guys make a good score there is total silence about the IRS and taxes. This MINORITY wins back a few bucks and its front page news and the topic of the day!

KD

Then there is the fact few play with their own money to begin with

maha

from way back when
Silver Member
they need to give a 1054 form to their backer. although i doubt any do. other wise they are liable for the taxes on their gross winnings .

cleary

Honestly, I'm a liar.
Silver Member
they were going to play to 25 last night and start again to finish tonight. Probably when Big Ed gets off work. Looked like Oscar was starting to catch a gear when I left but it was early. I do know Oscar lost the first 3 games, gave up BIH in each one. So that would be 5-0, when i left OD had won 4 in a row. And that is a a little more in the middle than what I had heard

Everytime I play for 50k, I call those days off sick. I know, I'm weird.

stevelomako

Things could be worse
Silver Member
Two pool players were brought into the IRS office.

The agent looks at one and asks "How do you get your money?"
The player points at the other one and replies "I borrow it from him"

The agent looks at the other one and asks "Well now, so where do you get your money?"
The second player points at the other one and says "He pays me back!"

Ekojasiloop

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If you’re actually a pool player every goddamn thing in life practically would be an expense, from gas to hotels to gambling losses, to table time. They’d probably owe next to nothing if they actually added up the expenses right.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If you’re actually a pool player every goddamn thing in life practically would be an expense, from gas to hotels to gambling losses, to table time. They’d probably owe next to nothing if they actually added up the expenses right.

We have been thru the tax fact finding here and as I recall, there would be a limit (3yr?) That one could file in a manner that expenses negate winnings, for tax purposes.