You know you're addicted to pool when....

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
You know you're addicted to pool when....

You'd rather have a pool table instead of a dinning room table.
You have more cues than you need but still keep an eye out for a new one.
When your wife asks you what would you like to do today and know the frying pan is coming at you when you say "Play Pool".

Last edited:

Texas Carom Club

9ball did to billiards what hiphop did to america
Silver Member
You know you're addicted to CAROM when....

your posting carom vids to the main, carom,educational material review, fb, 1pkt .org forums to expose these beautiful games to others , like me, who never seen it before and may come to love it as much as i have

no matter the slight negative attitudes a few may have, which who cares
theres many more getting a big kick out of it, and it validates what im doing

heres a fantastic 2 inning 1 cushion match

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ot5jk656Gmc

Last edited:

Swighey

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

your posting carom vids to the main, carom,educational material review, fb, 1pkt .org forums to expose these beautiful games to others , like me, who never seen it before and may come to love it as much as i have

Huge kick out of it. So engaged I forget why I started watching it. Keep posting em.

Fenwick

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
...when you hang around with other pool addicts on an internet forum :D

There's a 5-step program to cure pool addiction.

The first step is to admit you have a problem

The second step is to practice your stroke....

Now that's funny. :thumbup:

fastone371

Certifiable
Silver Member

If you lived near me I would be playing 3C with you every night. You would have to explain to your wife loudly enough for me to hear "we are going to go to bed now so our guest can go home" I have never played 3C but it intrigues me and there are no pocketless tables nearby.

fastone371

Certifiable
Silver Member
I have seen many of you mention that you are addicted to pool if you have to decide between a bed, dining room table, kitchen table, etc.. and a pool table. The simple fact of the matter is that a pool table can also function easily as either of those, it makes it a pretty simple decision.
You know you are addicted to pool when: You explain to your wife that you must go downstairs to the basement and lay on top of the pool table when the tornado sirens are sounding. She thought I had said it wrong, she said "you mean under the table", I said "no, we must protect the pool table". :wink:

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
You know you’re addicted to pool when....
...your kid asks you to help him with his English...
...so you take him to a pool hall

Poolmanis

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
When you meet a new girl and when she is proposing more serious relationship, you tell her: I play pool. I play pool a lot. If someday that is gonna be a problem and you try make me decide between pool or you. You can start packing...
True story 22 years ago. Still same rule applies. :wink:

dearnold

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
when. . .

You start playing at the age of 12 and can't keep your mind on anything else. Your school work goes by the wayside as you convince yourself that you can be somebody. Despite losing often, you think that practicing harder, buying new equipment or talking to experts will help you be a champion. You go through your 20s barely scraping by with menial jobs, most of the wages which go to small time gambling and bad food. You ignore the advice of all those around you to stop wasting time and get a real job, and instead just double down on the life. Approaching 30, you realize that it was all an illusion. That you never had what it takes to make shortstop, let alone champion, even in your little corner of the world. But you don't know anything else at this point, and the feeling you get while hitting balls around the table is better than anything else you create through other means, like a vocation or deep interpersonal relationship. You hang around the pool hall the rest of your life, because put quite simply, you're addicted to it. Addicted, but slightly satisfied, at least when you're winning.

Mkbtank

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
when. . .

You start playing at the age of 12 and can't keep your mind on anything else. Your school work goes by the wayside as you convince yourself that you can be somebody. Despite losing often, you think that practicing harder, buying new equipment or talking to experts will help you be a champion. You go through your 20s barely scraping by with menial jobs, most of the wages which go to small time gambling and bad food. You ignore the advice of all those around you to stop wasting time and get a real job, and instead just double down on the life. Approaching 30, you realize that it was all an illusion. That you never had what it takes to make shortstop, let alone champion, even in your little corner of the world. But you don't know anything else at this point, and the feeling you get while hitting balls around the table is better than anything else you create through other means, like a vocation or deep interpersonal relationship. You hang around the pool hall the rest of your life, because put quite simply, you're addicted to it. Addicted, but slightly satisfied, at least when you're winning.

Get out of my head