2017 World Snooker (Free Facebook Live Broadcast)

gregcantrall

Center Ball
Silver Member
Unreal clearance.

I've never seen someone dog so many frame winning balls as Ding. It's becoming habitual

The shot he missed was not dogged. It was an incredibly hard cut he went for. Ronnie went for and missed a very similar shot in an earlier frame.

K2Kraze

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Please keep us poses on the Ronnie/Ding match, guys - for those of us traveling!

Really appreciate it!

Go Ronnie!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Its crazy how straight these guys shoot.

There is something that is nearly universal in their (top snooker players') fundamentals that nearly all pool players ignore. I think some pool players would benefit from adopting that something.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
There is something that is nearly universal in their (top snooker players') fundamentals that nearly all pool players ignore. I think some pool players would benefit from adopting that something.
C'mon Bob. Give it up. What is this "universal fundamental" of which you speak? I know one that I see in every shot is the way they pull the cue ALL the way to their bridge, pause, and then send it. What is it you're seeing?

skip100

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
After a very scruffy frame, Hawkins is on the hill at 12-9 and looks set up for a match winning break.

......and it's over, 13-9 Hawkins.

Last edited:

Cameron Smith

is kind of hungry...
Silver Member
A very interesting final four line-up. We have John Higgins vying for a 5th world title which would tie him with Ronnie O'Sullivan and also mean we'd have the both of them attempt to tie Steve Davis next year. John would also become the first 40 year old World Champion since Ray Reardon in 1978 (Ray was 46 I believe).

Barry Hawkins is in his fourth semifinal in 5 years. Barry has been a bit of a late bloomer, winning his first ranking title 2012 at the age of 33 but he keeps getting better and stronger.

Ding Junhui could become the first Chinese World Champion. Getting that monkey off his back could possibly open the flood gates in the years to come. It's amazing to think he is only 30 years old, it feels like Ding has been around forever. It's been 12 years since he beat Stephen Hendry in the China Open.

Finally, Mark Selby could defend his title joining O'Sullivan, Hendry and Davis as one of four players to defend the title at the crucible. Not a bad company to be in for a snooker player.

I'm expecting a Selby/Higgins final, but either match I feel could be a toss up.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Also for those interested, here is the link to Barry Hearn's Big Announcement earlier:

http://www.worldsnooker.com/barry-hearn-announcements/

GBP 500k Prize money to the World Champ in 2019 (GBP 425k next year)!!
While the audio problem was going on they played this. VERY interesting. These guys have their s^*t TOGETHER. Qschool, challenge tour, NO entry fees for card holders, more $$, more tournaments. Pool will never hit these heights but at least they have a organization to look at for ideas. Barry Hearn is a mover/shaker of the highest caliber.