Houston pool rooms?

easy-e

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'll be in Houston for a few weeks. Living on the west side of town near Bingle/I-10. I know about Bogies up by the airport, but I was hoping there would be a place a little closer to where I'll be. Diamond tables preferred, first beer is on me if we meet up to
hit some balls!

Cory in DC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'll be in Houston for a few weeks. Living on the west side of town near Bingle/I-10. I know about Bogies up by the airport, but I was hoping there would be a place a little closer to where I'll be. Diamond tables preferred, first beer is on me if we meet up to
hit some balls!

West side of Houston is pretty barren pool wise. Clicks is probably your best bet: http://clicks.com/texas-houston/ but no Diamonds. Bogies West is a bit farther from I-10/Bingle but not too much farther and the tables were in good shape, at least as of a year ago (also no Diamonds, as I recall).

Slick Willies on Westheimer is closer to you but I don't recommend it.

Good luck!

King T

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
There are places all around you..,

Bogies has a second location 15mins from where you are. Hwy I-10 to Hwy 290N, exit West Road. Take West Road to Jones Road (8 blocks) turn left on Jones Road and Bogies is one block up on the right. They have 3 Gold Crowns, 6 Valley BB and 20 Brunswick 8’ (action in the evenings)

Clicks is in the same direction 10mins away from where you are. Hwy I-10 to Hwy 290N, take the exit Tidwell and Hollister. Clicks is at the first light on the right in a strip center next to IHop. LA Fitness & Panda Express. 2 Gold Crowns and 15 Brunswick 8’ (action everyday from 11:00am to 7:00pm)

Slick Willies is 10mins away. Hwy I-10 to Hwy 610 South. Hwy 610 to Westheimer, exit Westheimer turn right. Take Westheimer to Fountainview, the Slick Willies will be on the left at the light. They have action there every Monday (Straight Pool League Night), Tuesday (8 Ball Team League Night), Thursday (3 man league night).

The Action house is Big Tymes. Hwy I-10 to Hwy I-45 (10mins) Take Hwy I-45N to Cypresswood. Exit Cypresswood and turn left at the light. Big Tymes is in the parking lot on the right next to Jack in the Box. They have four 9’ Diamond Pro-AM’s, two Gold Crowns, 15 Diamond BB and 20 8’. There is action there everyday from open to close and they don’t close.

King T

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
P.s.

The tables at Slick Willies are in bad shape, they can be played on, but the felt is in poor condition, they gamble on them anyway.

easy-e

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks everyone for the info! I'll check back in when I'm done driving for the day.

jtompilot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Bogies has a second location 15mins from where you are. Hwy I-10 to Hwy 290N, exit West Road. Take West Road to Jones Road (8 blocks) turn left on Jones Road and Bogies is one block up on the right. They have 3 Gold Crowns, 6 Valley BB and 20 Brunswick 8’ (action in the evenings)

Clicks is in the same direction 10mins away from where you are. Hwy I-10 to Hwy 290N, take the exit Tidwell and Hollister. Clicks is at the first light on the right in a strip center next to IHop. LA Fitness & Panda Express. 2 Gold Crowns and 15 Brunswick 8’ (action everyday from 11:00am to 7:00pm)

Slick Willies is 10mins away. Hwy I-10 to Hwy 610 South. Hwy 610 to Westheimer, exit Westheimer turn right. Take Westheimer to Fountainview, the Slick Willies will be on the left at the light. They have action there every Monday (Straight Pool League Night), Tuesday (8 Ball Team League Night), Thursday (3 man league night).

The Action house is Big Tymes. Hwy I-10 to Hwy I-45 (10mins) Take Hwy I-45N to Cypresswood. Exit Cypresswood and turn left at the light. Big Tymes is in the parking lot on the right next to Jack in the Box. They have four 9’ Diamond Pro-AM’s, two Gold Crowns, 15 Diamond BB and 20 8’. There is action there everyday from open to close and they don’t close.

Don't you almost drive by Bogies going north to Big Tymes. Anyways the action seems about even between the two

easy-e

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I've arrived in Houston and had a chance to read through all of these. Thanks for taking the time to break this down for me!

I went to the Bogie West location last time I was in town. Made me remember why I got frustrated with pool halls and pool players and took a break. I went there for an advertised weekly tournament, and when I got there, was told that they don't have that tournament anymore. That drives me nuts! I had a beer or four and got over it.

I'm picking up a buddy from the airport in a couple of weeks. It looks like Bogies and Big Tyme are both fairly close! Can't wait to hit some balls there, but first I'm going to get drunk with Charlie and get a 9-ball lesson.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Regretfully, i cannot join you.

Should you find yourself and charles in positions where you need to be bailed out...

Dont fukin call.me!!!

easy-e

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm heading to Big Tyme today, should be there around lunchtime. Anyone sees a grown man wearing a Lil' Dicky T-shirt and drinking beer should come say hello.

Last edited:

easy-e

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm heading to Big Tyme today, should be there around lunchtime. Anyone sees a grown man wearing a Lil' Dicky T-shirt and drinking beer should come say hello.

Drank some beer, played some pool, asked three different "regulars" if they wanted to play any cheap one pocket or 9-ball, all of them rejected the offer. Two guys were even looking for a third so they could play a ring game and they said I couldn't join them. Disappointing for sure, but I still had a good time and played decent.

BmoreMoney

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Drank some beer, played some pool, asked three different "regulars" if they wanted to play any cheap one pocket or 9-ball, all of them rejected the offer. Two guys were even looking for a third so they could play a ring game and they said I couldn't join them. Disappointing for sure, but I still had a good time and played decent.

SKEEEEEERD! So much for all that " Big Tyme " Houston action lol. You would think somebody would at least throw you $50 bucks just or see your stroke?