Snooker Tables....Need some insight please!

Rjmoncrief

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hello All ! I have a Buddy that purchases storage units at auction. He is about to get a unit that has 2 pool tables in it. One of them is a Snooker table. He is not allowed in the unit till its bought. He heard thru the grape vine that the man paid $4-5,0000 for each table. Long story short, can some of you give me some insight on the the best made Snooker tables? Does anybody make a CHEAP ST? I know anything he needs to know concerning the other table, but just have never cared much for Snooker so therefore I don't know the goods and bads concerning them.
I will have first shot at anything that is pool related from this unit. Best case scenario.....If the table is valuable then I will want to sell it. The other table I'm not sure of.
Thanks for any info.......:thumbup:

Celtic

AZB's own 8-ball jihadist
Silver Member
They can sometimes sell for a pretty low price now with pool halls closing and almost no one having a room that can fit one in their home but a proper slate snooker table normally has 1.5 inch slate and due to the costs of material alone they were never cheap when buying them new.

Some can be somewhat collectable old Brunswicks but again, the size and lack of people who play snooker kills most of the value on the used market. A table would have to be pretty special to demand $4000-$5000.

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
A lot more info is needed....a snooker table, you say?

It's like asking how much a car is worth, sorta......
....they can range from 'can't give 'em away' to about 35 million.

Rjmoncrief

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
A lot more info is needed....a snooker table, you say?

It's like asking how much a car is worth, sorta......
....they can range from 'can't give 'em away' to about 35 million.

I understand that but I really don't have any particulars.
Thanks anyway, guess I will know soon enough !

Scaramouche

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Last year I had a two mechanics offer 10 ft Brunswick Gold Crown snooker tables.

One, purportedly in excellent condition, $ 3,000, installed, new cushions and cloth.

One, no condition claimed, $2,000, installed, new cushions and cloth.

This is in Toronto, where there is some snooker played.

Last Wednesday, I visited a condo with a huge billiard room and not a pool table in sight - just two 10 ft. snooker tables. :thumbup:
http://condominiumtoronto.com/image...on/Barclay-Terrace-1300-1320-Islington-40.jpg

Last edited:

pro9dg

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hello All ! I have a Buddy that purchases storage units at auction. He is about to get a unit that has 2 pool tables in it. One of them is a Snooker table. He is not allowed in the unit till its bought. He heard thru the grape vine that the man paid $4-5,0000 for each table. Long story short, can some of you give me some insight on the the best made Snooker tables? Does anybody make a CHEAP ST? I know anything he needs to know concerning the other table, but just have never cared much for Snooker so therefore I don't know the goods and bads concerning them.
I will have first shot at anything that is pool related from this unit. Best case scenario.....If the table is valuable then I will want to sell it. The other table I'm not sure of.
Thanks for any info.......:thumbup:

It is possible in the UK to acquire snooker tables where the seller will actually PAY YOU to take it away. I could source many that would be a bargain to non UK purchasers with a growing home market. But the high shipping costs might take the shine off some deals. Any body who paid the sums that the OP quoted would be extremely minted.