DPK or Kersenbrock?

daveb

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have a cue that I purchased through Ed Obada back when David Kersenbrock, Mike Bender,and Matt Bender worked together. I had visited their shop and saw that they all worked together and all had a collaborative hand in making the cues, even David. I have a fancy Omega DPK with inlaid ivory "sprites" done by David but there is no stamped Kersenbrock signature on the butt cap and the cue was a joint effort. It was not done by David exclusively (but I'm not sure how many of his cues WERE at that time). My question is, do I simply call this an Omega DPK or can it be called a Kersenbrock because of the proprietary inlays, under the circumstances? I dunno. I'm not gonna be dishonest but it would effect the value.

Last edited:

Ruthless

~= Gator Nation =~
Silver Member
I would say it's a DPK. A true Kersenbrock is hard to find. I have a couple South West cues (before they put a # on the pin) that were made by Jerry Franklin and David Kersenbrock but they are still SW cues. I do own a real Kersenbrock that was made by David alone in 1986 and it will never be for sale (like most of the real ones that exist).

Either way you have a great cue and one anyone should be proud to own.

RackRunner

Property of RackRunner
Silver Member
I have a cue that I purchased through Ed Obada back when David Kersenbrock, Mike Bender,and Matt Bender worked together. I had visited their shop and saw that they all worked together and all had a collaborative hand in making the cues, even David. I have a fancy Omega DPK with inlaid ivory "sprites" done by David but there is no stamped Kersenbrock signature on the butt cap and the cue was a joint effort. It was not done by David exclusively (but I'm not sure how many of his cues WERE at that time). My question is, do I simply call this an Omega DPK or can it be called a Kersenbrock because of the proprietary inlays, under the circumstances? I dunno. I'm not gonna be dishonest but it would effect the value.

If the Bender brothers were involved, you have an Omega DPK, plain and simple.

scdiveteam

Rick Geschrey
Silver Member
If the Bender brothers were involved, you have an Omega DPK, plain and simple.

Terry is right.

Plus the geometry of David's cue were thinner and The DPK cues have a thick phoenlic A - Joint connector so the A Joint is way fatter than one of David's cues.

seaglass505

deadstroke
Silver Member
dpk

Very simple. But a very, very nice cue. As good as a new SW. I would keep it. I sure it's gorgeous. Nothing from that specific shop came out bad....period....