vintage cue with lines inlaid in shaft?

poolguppy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sorry for the bad picture this is from the internet. The top cue is interesting to me. The joint appears to be a very early Adams, and maybe even the cue design, but the wrap and the shaft are both very unusual to me. It has the lines in it like a newer Viking shaft has done, but obviously not a new shaft. Any recognize it?

haifp

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I believe Adam has made cues for brunswick in the past. I'd have to imagine they would look something like what is pictured.

Bamacues

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Looks like a Chinese made Brunswick "import". If so, they were cheaply made. You are not showing all the areas that are important to the ID. Show the butt, points, joint, etc.
Joe

poolguppy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Here are the other pics, the first one was the only clear one. Was more interested in knowing if anyone had seen a shaft like that before? Figured that would be a dead give away in Id-ing.

ceebee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I bought a cue like that once, off of ebay. It was a nice looking cue, but it wasn't straight. It was like a factory second, in that the adjacent inlays has a gap where they joined the next inlay.

Back in the day, this was their attempt at ornate cues, some were very nice. The lines in the shaft are similar to Viking's new cue the Razr... good idea for practicing alignment.