CSI Commentary

Buckzapper

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
"Now you see that one ball hanging in the corner? Folks he's going to play it right there in the corner."
"He's going to just go one rail back to the middle to play the 2 in the side, since it doesn't go in any other pocket."
"He's tough on the 3, so he's going to load whitey up with reverse intake side-vacuum suck and go 7 rails for position." "Oh, he just stopped it there." "I guess that's why he's still in the tournament."
"He's not playing up to his full speed since he got a terrible spanking from Dennis recently."
"Let's replay that break shot because nothing went and I want to see that again, just like you folks at home do."
"Now, will you get a load of that waitress. I know she has buck teeth and a face that would haunt a house, but aside from that."
"Back to the match...the score....I have no idea what the score is. Junior, go see how many beads are up on each side."
"Ok, it's hill hill and what a thrill. Right now we want to pop on your screen a banner for Fugimar Bowling Center that sponsored part of this tournament, along Al Salmonella's Diner. What a fun place to eat, right down there by the Emergency Room."
"Oh, I can't believe he did that and we have no picture right now. Who bumped the camera?"
"Cough...cough....cough...I need to take a smoke break."
"Look at that right there. He grips that cue like a fat woman on a kielbasa."
"Ok, he's got his jump stick so I guess that means he's going to jump over the 5 ball. BCA rules say he must keep one foot on the floor, or it's a foul. Speaking of foul, have you tried the chicken next door? I ate a bucket of it last night. So good." "The girl at the counter looked like she had been hit in the face with a Predator break stick."

Dimeball

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Na, Jay's doing great. Way better than the "smack a lot" guy that used to be on there...
Was kinda funny all the pointing comments, all in fun.

BeiberLvr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm curious how you would handle the commentary...
...give us something on YouTube

I don't know the specifics of what Teach is upset about, but I do know I'd rather listen to paint dry then listen to ANYONE commentate on a bar box match.

Cornerman

Cue Author...Sometimes
Gold Member
Silver Member
I take it it isn't very good?

I don't understand why people don't just mute the commentary.

Can I just assume that everyone who complains about commentary isn't a sports fan? When I watch sports, I don't really listen to the commentary. Well, sure I do, but it certainly doesn't tell me anything. But, I still listen to the commentary. As an athlete and a sports fan, I get the reason for commentary. I get why Bud Collins and McEnroe are there. I get why Chris Behrman is there. I get why Marv Albert is there. I get why whoever is commentating on track and field is there. I get why the women's beach volleyball commentator is there.

Personally, I love listening to Cotton. I definitely enjoy Jay. If I don't like the commentary by whoever is talking at whatever event, I just don't listen. That's no different than any other sport. Other sports commentators certainly are t there to teach us anything.

Freddie <~~~ loves women's beach volleyball

Cornerman

Cue Author...Sometimes
Gold Member
Silver Member
I don't know the specifics of what Teach is upset about, but I do know I'd rather listen to paint dry then listen to ANYONE commentate on a bar box match.

And why is that? IMO, bar box 8-ball is some of the most exciting pool to discuss.

CaleAYS

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I listened for a few matches but eventually I had to mute the commentary. I turned the sound back on for a minute and Cotton was talking about fried bologna. Turned it back off. CSI could do a lot better imo

Last edited:

spartan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I listened for a few matches but eventually I had to mute the commentary. I turned the sound back on for a minute and Cotton was talking about fried bologna. Turned it back off. CSI could do a lot better imo

Yummy ,fried Bologna is nice. It is improvement . 2 years ago if I recall they were talking about boring sandwiches :(

greyghost

Coast to Coast
Silver Member
I quit asking to get in booths when I kept getting told they had professional commentators there.......

Aye aye el caption

Never lacking for words,
-greyghost

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PocketSpeed11

AzB Long Member
Silver Member
Love me some barbox pool, but it has to be more challenging when it comes to commentating. There has to be some serious stretches where every shot is predictable. In these cases, do the commentators simply state the obvious (which I hate), not talk and have dead silence, or do they talk about things not directly related to the current shot? It couldn't be an easy gig. And add in the pressure of knowing that people will criticize you in a heartbeat on azbilliards or youtube. You couldn't pay me to enter the commentator's booth.

StrokeofLuck

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Right, because saying "Looks like he's going to try to come around two rails for the 9 in the lower left corner" sounds so much different when they're playing on a 9-foot :scratchhead: Enjoy your paint.

BeiberLvr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Right, because saying "Looks like he's going to try to come around two rails for the 9 in the lower left corner" sounds so much different when they're playing on a 9-foot :scratchhead: Enjoy your paint.

At least on a 9-foot, there's a slight possibility of them dogging the out.

chefjeff

If not now...
Silver Member
I'm curious how you would handle the commentary...
...give us something on YouTube

Well, when the next 1-pocket game is over they can switch from speaking Latin to speaking English.

(for you pt109, just for you.)

Jeff Livingston

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
I quit asking to get in booths when I kept getting told they had professional commentators there.......

Aye aye el caption

Never lacking for words,
-greyghost

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If someone's playing the ghost....and you're commentating...I'll buy the stream.

dawgcpa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don't understand why people don't just mute the commentary.

Can I just assume that everyone who complains about commentary isn't a sports fan? When I watch sports, I don't really listen to the commentary. Well, sure I do, but it certainly doesn't tell me anything. But, I still listen to the commentary. As an athlete and a sports fan, I get the reason for commentary. I get why Bud Collins and McEnroe are there. I get why Chris Behrman is there. I get why Marv Albert is there. I get why whoever is commentating on track and field is there. I get why the women's beach volleyball commentator is there.

Personally, I love listening to Cotton. I definitely enjoy Jay. If I don't like the commentary by whoever is talking at whatever event, I just don't listen. That's no different than any other sport. Other sports commentators certainly are t there to teach us anything.

Freddie <~~~ loves women's beach volleyball

I agree Freddie. I used to complain and mute it a lot. Now, if there is none, I struggle to watch. I didn't really even want to watch the bank pool challenge match this week because there was no commentary. It is one of my favorite events at DCC when you have accustats commentary. Again, I don't need it to learn but it definitely keeps it interesting for me.

Lonnie

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
Well, when the next 1-pocket game is over they can switch from speaking Latin to speaking English.

(for you pt109, just for you.)

Jeff Livingston

The first guy I lost to at one-pocket ...jumped on the table with his cue held aloft...
...and roared "Veni, vide, vici."

:eek: Is it too much to ask that a man takes a win gracefully?