pool cue repair lathe purchase questions

Dave38

theemperorhasnoclotheson
Silver Member
i want to start learning how to repair pool cues, i am on a light budget! i need to know what everyone thinks about the sharpshooter cue repair lathe that is on ebay by american cowboy billiards. this will be for a starter setup! what would you add tools wise to make things easier? the link is here for the listing http://cgi.ebay.com/PORTABLE-POOL-C...-CLEANING-/380242704593?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0

thanks,
jonathan

louisville, ky

Do a search on here for them, you'll find out more than you'd want to know.
Here's one to start you off.....http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=161901&highlight=americaN+cowboy

Dave

Dave38

theemperorhasnoclotheson
Silver Member
My advise would be to talk to Chris Hightower aka Cueman or Todd aka
TSP&B Here on Az. Both are upstanding guys and have good products and stand fully behind their equipment.
Dave

Blue Hog ridr

World Famous Fisherman.
Silver Member
If you want to learn about the cue repair trade, then this is the lathe for you because after you put a cue into this lathe, it will be in need of repair.
See those ultra custom cue collets in the pictures? They're rubber chair leg covers with a bolt thru them. Total cost is approx 50 cents each to make. Now thats something that you'd want to put a 1000 dollar cue into.
See that tattoo on the guys hand? I think thats a joint tattoo but I heard that the lathe also does tattoos as well. If you ever go to jail, you can take the lathe with you and make alot of cigarettes with it doing tats.

Last edited:

Mc2

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If you want to learn about the cue repair trade, then this is the lathe for you because after you put a cue into this lathe, it will be in need of repair.
See those ultra custom cue collets in the pictures? They're rubber chair leg covers with a bolt thru them. Total cost is approx 50 cents each to make. Now thats something that you'd want to put a 1000 dollar cue into.
See that tattoo on the guys hand? I think thats a joint tattoo but I heard that the lathe also does tattoos as well. If you ever go to jail, you can take the lathe with you and make alot of cigarettes with it doing tats.

Blue Hog is correct for the most part. LOL. Why would you want to repair shafts on a lathe that cost less than the shafts themselves. If you have a small budget maybe cue reapair is not for you. If you make a wise investment in equipment, notice I didn't say cheap, it will pay you back 10 times as much quickly. Oh and some good advise, don't repair cheap import cues! If you do, you will know why I say that. You don't want replace a $10 shaft with a new one off of the shelf.

Jim.

customcuelathe

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My portable tipper might work for you only $699 and got everything you need to get started included
I will be posting some pics later tonight watch out for my new add.
Always 100% American made with 100% customer satisfaction garenteed.
Best Regards
Bassel
www.customcuelathes.com
248-884-4469

brianna187

BRIANNA SINCE 1988
Silver Member
Sir this might be something to consider, our one base works with all the level lathes solid aluiminm frame, 4 ft ground steel lath bed for a lifetime of service. We build everything in our shop,accept for a few taig and sherline parts we use in order to keep costs down.
All parts on all lathes are 100% interchangable everything used is steel or aluminum and a few brass parts. we make all our own assecessories
comes with the following items:

6 piece lathe tooling and boring bar
3 brass live centers (replacable part centers)
all my instructional videos (6 piece set)
large bottle of our shaft sealer
fully adjustable and key wayed tail stock, fully adjustable (both up and down and sideways)
5 piece mainence set to hold shafts and butts (actually 10 seperate pieces)
1/3 hp dc reversable motor and controller headstock and motor self contained fully adjustable
full length power lead screw (optional)

ill offer summer deal til october 1st $895.00 shipped usa only!

our background and history:

established in 1988, same location since then. Actual cue and repair building experience, I have worked with many top cuemakers in both design and cue building machines both manual and cnc powered
ideas. Our products are in many cuemakers shops around the world our
machinist has over 40 years experience in both design and manufacturing,
not just limted to the cue building industry

to see lathe please click here

http://www.briannaproducts.com/newlathe.htm

Built to last a life time!

The only expandable lathes
All Brianna lathes are built on the same framework. Thus allowing to upgrade at a future date. Being an affordable choice for the beginner and allowing you to expand on the same lathe frame as your skills advance. For example, our finishing lathe can be updated to a tip and ferrule lathe or the full lathe just by adding a few bolt on parts. This is not only convenient if wanting to upgrade, but makes upgrading very affordable.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Guerra Cues

I build one cue at a time
Silver Member
My portable tipper might work for you only $699 and got everything you need to get started included
I will be posting some pics later tonight watch out for my new add.
Always 100% American made with 100% customer satisfaction garenteed.
Best Regards
Bassel
www.customcuelathes.com
248-884-4469

I have seen one of these lathes up close and they are awesome. Unbeatable cost and value.

Hidy Ho

Missed 4 rail hanger!!!
Silver Member
My advise would be to talk to Chris Hightower aka Cueman or Todd aka
TSP&B Here on Az. Both are upstanding guys and have good products and stand fully behind their equipment.
Dave

I have Todd's lathe with Chris Hightower's large bore headstock ... pretty good setup for repair work.

customcuelathe

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This is the lathe that starts at $699 and can be ugraded to do any repair job at anytime
Regards

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk.jpg
    22.4 KB · Views: 6,632

sliprock

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
i want to start learning how to repair pool cues, i am on a light budget! i need to know what everyone thinks about the sharpshooter cue repair lathe that is on ebay by american cowboy billiards. this will be for a starter setup! what would you add tools wise to make things easier? the link is here for the listing http://cgi.ebay.com/PORTABLE-POOL-C...-CLEANING-/380242704593?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0

thanks,
jonathan

louisville, ky

Do you know Brian Roberts? If so, swing by his shop and he might be able to give you some advise. I can't remember the name of his store but It's the Diamond dealership in Louisville.

rackemky

yea i know of brian have watched him shoot pool in the league and been in his store even recommended his shop to many people. he is a great guy all around and shoots some hella stick. another local guy said the same to contact brian and to tell you the truth i never thought about it before then, it makes sense. brilliant lol anyways the shops called RACK 66 preston hwy louisville, ky 502-969-2222

since studying and using my head and all the advice given. i have fallen in love with and most likely will order the portable lathe by mr bassel. his price and quality from my research thus far it cant be beat.
i was a fool for even thinking i could get away with that cheap lathe. everyone here has helped me to understand better tools make better quality = less disaster and more repeat happy customers. your all's help has been A+. thank you

Do you know Brian Roberts? If so, swing by his shop and he might be able to give you some advise. I can't remember the name of his store but It's the Diamond dealership in Louisville.

rackemky

blue hog ridr
man your my kind dude for sure, thats funny as hell. i did work in a prison as a gaurd for 4 years thats kinda like being down for 8 hours a day. never a dull moment. convicts are very inventive so rightfully so you just may be spot on to the e bay dude.