Diamond 9' professional table dymalux vs oak?

Electron Mover

Registered
I decided on a Diamond professional table and got a email from Aaron at Diamond telling me that dymalux rails will not be available until the fall, at the earliest. The table will be in a basement with humidity control, non smoking and not subject to abuse, so I don't really mind going with stained oak, but the black PRC is a nonstarter. My question: is the playability the same between oak and dymondwood rails?
If there is no difference, then I'll order the table in oak stained rosewood and call it a day!

realkingcobra

Silver Member
I decided on a Diamond professional table and got a email from Aaron at Diamond telling me that dymalux rails will not be available until the fall, at the earliest. The table will be in a basement with humidity control, non smoking and not subject to abuse, so I don't really mind going with stained oak, but the black PRC is a nonstarter. My question: is the playability the same between oak and dymondwood rails?
If there is no difference, then I'll order the table in oak stained rosewood and call it a day!

No difference between play.

West Point 1987

On the Hill, Out of Gas
Silver Member
My pro-am is in my garage (Northern Virginia) for over a year now, and the rosewood stained oak rails are still just as nice as when they came off the truck. Except for the traffic I've put on the cloth (3 hours per day), it's like new. That table has held up just great, will do more than great in your basement.

Electron Mover

Registered
Tell Aaron i told you waiting on Diamond to come out with Dymondwood is like hoping you can still get laid over the age of 60, you might and might not get it....LOL

Yeah, in talking with Aaron it was pretty obvious he had no concrete idea when the dymalux would be available and I'll be sure to pass your words of wisdom on to him when next we speak!

jtompilot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Glen, the pro am looks a little more solid than the professional. Is there any difference in play or quality? The three piece slate is a little thicker. Is that better?

Thanks