Super Aramith

sgengaro86

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I was wondering if anyone had strong opinions about balls for my home table. I have had a set of Super Aramith Pro for the last decade and looking to replace. Any reason not to just but the same ones??
Thanks!

jb1911

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I prefer Brunswick Centennial balls to the Super Aramith Pro Cup balls. Just my opinion of course. I don't use the cue ball that came with the Centennials, I use a measle ball.

kid

billiard mechanic
Silver Member
Centennials and aramith are made by the same company (saluc)
I just don't like the measle ball as i've seen lots where the red dots got flat

Sent from my iPhone using AzBilliards Forums

SARDiver

JCC Chief
Silver Member
The Centennials are actually made to the same specs as the Super Aramith Pros, as I was told by the Brunswick dealers. Any difference would be aesthetic (and I prefer the Centennials in that regard, although I do not own a set).

I purchased Aramith Tournaments for my table, after having the SAPs for many years, and a cheaper, but still nice, Aramith starter set. The Duramith material of the Tourneys is remarkable, and I think the aesthetics are as good as the Cents. If they ever made the Cents with Duramith...sorry, got some drool on the keyboard...I'd be on that like a hobo on a ham sandwich.

jtompilot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have both sets. I know they say they are made by the same company and have the same specs but I believe the Centennial balls are not as good. I've been to rooms all over the country and have seen hundreds of screwed up Centennial balls.

The new Super Aramith Pros have a new design that looks great.

SARDiver

JCC Chief
Silver Member
I have both sets. I know they say they are made by the same company and have the same specs but I believe the Centennial balls are not as good. I've been to rooms all over the country and have seen hundreds of screwed up Centennial balls.

The new Super Aramith Pros have a new design that looks great.

I can't dispute what you've seen, but I wonder how those Cents have been treated at pool rooms.

I just went to the Saluc site and the Super Aramith Pros look like the same design I bought in 2005. Don't mean to be an ass, but are you sure you don't mean the Tournament design?

edep12

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
And those Tournaments are indeed phenomenal.

I agree. I sold my Centennials in order to buy the Tourneys. Glad I did. Duramith is a plus and maybe I'm crazy but I feel like the Centennials throw a lot more.

TheBook

Ret Professional Goof Off
Silver Member
I have Cents., and the Duramith. Right now I am using Cyclops and I prefer them.

🎱