extremely good play

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
according to berts sheet on the first page one of if not the first 5 average match was in 96

heres the video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aRCajX96Tps

same yr tb had a match of 5 average, wonder whos was first
According to the graphic, they skipped over averages of 4-something as the previous record was TB's 3-something. That may have been just for World Cups, though.

Bert van Manen

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yes, TB - Tay Quoc Co, 50 - 16 in 10 was indeed the first ever match with a 5.000 average (1996). Tally is at 49 now, Jaspers alone has played 9 !

albatross

cynical squared
Silver Member
Yes, TB - Tay Quoc Co, 50 - 16 in 10 was indeed the first ever match with a 5.000 average (1996). Tally is at 49 now, Jaspers alone has played 9 !

Forgive me if I am wrong but I am looking at a hard copy of your chart and I count Jaspers with 11 and Caudron with nine. They account for over 20% of the games.

Texas Carom Club

9ball did to billiards what hiphop did to america
Silver Member
18622189_1382320995180113_6005597795460019540_n.jpg

Bert van Manen

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Bob, I agree with you that the development of records is very interesting. No such summary of previous world records exists, to my knowledge. I could try to compile it, but that would have to be in fewer categories than the 19 I came up with in May 2017, of course.

Texas Carom Club

9ball did to billiards what hiphop did to america
Silver Member
I'll have to go back and upload the high runs it looks like, I download them when I find them because I know sometimes they get removed