New G2 tips

KMRUNOUT

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I am an authorized G2 installer/dealer. Just got a recent shipment of G2 tips and see that their logo has changed. Took a look and I guess they "improved" the tips a bit. Supposedly made changes to the lamination and tanning processes. Seems interesting. G2 medium has been one of my all time favorite tips.

So I'm wondering if people have any experiences with the new tips that they could share. I put one on my main playing shaft yesterday. So far I played league on nice diamond tables. Beat the 7 on the other team 18-2 in APA 9 ball haha so not too bad. But too early to tell. Playing the weekly tourney at Snookers in Providence RI tonight. I'll provide some feedback later in the week.

Anyone else?

Thanks,

KMRUNOUT

Edit: hit some balls on the tight table at Snookers, and the tip is glorious. Much better than last night. So far, AMAZING!!

Sent from my iPhone using AzBilliards Forums

Last edited:

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The G2 Soft tip is my tip of choice at this time. If the new ones play better, I will try them when it is time for a tip change.

9Ballr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Here's more info on the G2 tips.

https://g2cuetips.com/

They're now also making chalk.

Personally I think they make a great tip.

By the way, seems like everyone and their brother are making chalk now a days.

LIAKOS27

NOT banned (yet)
Silver Member
I am an authorized G2 installer/dealer. Just got a recent shipment of G2 tips and see that their logo has changed. Took a look and I guess they "improved" the tips a bit. Supposedly made changes to the lamination and tanning processes. Seems interesting. G2 medium has been one of my all time favorite tips.

So I'm wondering if people have any experiences with the new tips that they could share. I put one on my main playing shaft yesterday. So far I played league on nice diamond tables. Beat the 7 on the other team 18-2 in APA 9 ball haha so not too bad. But too early to tell. Playing the weekly tourney at Snookers in Providence RI tonight. I'll provide some feedback later in the week.

Anyone else?

Thanks,

KMRUNOUT

Edit: hit some balls on the tight table at Snookers, and the tip is glorious. Much better than last night. So far, AMAZING!!

So my question is did you "18-2" anybody at snookers? Just curious.

KMRUNOUT

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So my question is did you "18-2" anybody at snookers? Just curious.

Nope. Beat BTK, lost hill hill to Nelson twice! Once was cause I hung a 1-8 combo, and the 8 was literally in the pocket to start, with ball in hand!! He's tough. But a win against Billy is always a good one. Got 7/8th out of 30 something. Not my best. Warmed up with Nelson playing race to 8 10 ball on table 1. We quit for the tourney at 5-5...that's probably the best thing I did for the night haha.

KMRUNOUT

LIAKOS27

NOT banned (yet)
Silver Member
Nope. Beat BTK, lost hill hill to Nelson twice! Once was cause I hung a 1-8 combo, and the 8 was literally in the pocket to start, with ball in hand!! He's tough. But a win against Billy is always a good one. Got 7/8th out of 30 something. Not my best. Warmed up with Nelson playing race to 8 10 ball on table 1. We quit for the tourney at 5-5...that's probably the best thing I did for the night haha.

KMRUNOUT

Nice! You're a great player to be able to beat BTK and running even with Nelson!

Do you gamble much? You know, play pool for money? You know my speed, I'm a good B player! Maybe we can make a game you and I!

Just a thought:)

Eli

P.S. let me know if he interested:)

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I like that they are trying to let you know you have a REAL G2

KMRUNOUT

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I like that they are trying to let you know you have a REAL G2

Yes it took me a little bit to understand the verification process, but its a great idea. So many fakes. Honestly I wasn't aware of the new design so that was the first thing I thought of.

Great tip. I'm really enjoying it.

KMRUNOUT

KMRUNOUT

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Nice! You're a great player to be able to beat BTK and running even with Nelson!

Do you gamble much? You know, play pool for money? You know my speed, I'm a good B player! Maybe we can make a game you and I!

Just a thought:)

Eli

P.S. let me know if he interested:)

Eli,

Well, to be clear it was races to 3, so beating anyone is not necessarily more than luck or even 1 good roll. And I am FAR from running even with Nelson. That guy is a beast. I have my moments sure, but I'm way out of his league.

As for you and I, yes I like to play but generally just cheap stuff. I was under the impression you were A speed. We've played a few times I know. I thought you were a 5 in the Snookers tourney? If you want to discuss further maybe just shoot me a facebook message or something. I think we are friends on there? I'll check.

Edit: I couldn't find you on there. Not 100% sure of your last name...its a bit different than your AZ name? Anyway, I assume you already know I'm Kerry McAuliffe, so just hit me up whenever.

KMRUNOUT

Last edited:

LIAKOS27

NOT banned (yet)
Silver Member
Eli,

Well, to be clear it was races to 3, so beating anyone is not necessarily more than luck or even 1 good roll. And I am FAR from running even with Nelson. That guy is a beast. I have my moments sure, but I'm way out of his league.

As for you and I, yes I like to play but generally just cheap stuff. I was under the impression you were A speed. We've played a few times I know. I thought you were a 5 in the Snookers tourney? If you want to discuss further maybe just shoot me a facebook message or something. I think we are friends on there? I'll check.

Edit: I couldn't find you on there. Not 100% sure of your last name...its a bit different than your AZ name? Anyway, I assume you already know I'm Kerry McAuliffe, so just hit me up whenever.

KMRUNOUT

No, I'm no longer on FB! After having a nightmare relationship with a female pool player, I got off of it!

As far as my speed, I'm a good B player and if I'm having a good day, maybe hit low A! Kinda like you being an A player and having a good day keeping up with "the beast" Nelson!

Anyway I thought you gamble decent (sorry, I don't do cheap much)!

Maybe if you're up to it and wanna do a couple or 3 sets of 9-ball for 2-300-500 let me know! Or a nice long race to say 15 for 5bills I'm usually down for that, I know you're a better player and all so maybe we can negotiate something?

Either way take care

Eli

KMRUNOUT

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I was hoping to get more opinions from anyone that tries the newer version of G2 tips...? Anyone?

KMRUNOUT

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I was hoping to get more opinions from anyone that tries the newer version of G2 tips...? Anyone?

KMRUNOUT

If you are a dealer
How do I buy them and how much do you charge?
There is nothing in your sig for a link
If there is a rule about selling in this forum pm me
I use g2soft and have for years
I like them better than Moori /precision (searings tip) /ultra skin/or ki tech
That's what I have tried but came back to g2 :wink: