Gold crown upgrades

Camoxjeep

Gold Crown I
I purchased this table 15 or so years ago for $250. Brunswick Gold Crown (1,2,3,4?). Great condition, all 4 ash trays, dual counters, ball returns, don't remember if the legs were adjustable or not. I did refinish the ball return area which was same color as the legs (an off white, should have just left it alone. The brunswick badge looks to be metal that I repainted, it was faded really bad.

Getting ready to replace the rubbers and felt. I know I have k55 bumpers, where would be the best place to buy these and are there different types? Superspeed or others and which is the best? Which gc do I have? Anyone know what colors or color codes to refinish or touch up with (off white, black trim)?
Thanks and sorry for all the questions. I'll try to add pics. Thanks Jeff

Also was thinking of changing the color of the cloth to Burgundy. Any pros and cons to this color? I know most tables are blue or green, so whats the best color?

Attachments

• 0417171632b.jpg
    0417171632b.jpg
    199.3 KB · Views: 1,190
  • 0417171632a.jpg
    0417171632a.jpg
    197.3 KB · Views: 950
  • 0417172222a.jpg
    0417172222a.jpg
    201.3 KB · Views: 878
  • 0417172223.jpg
    0417172223.jpg
    170 KB · Views: 880
  • 0417172224a.jpg
    0417172224a.jpg
    183.6 KB · Views: 890
Last edited:

Camoxjeep

Gold Crown I
More pics of the table

Attachments

• 0417172224b.jpg
    0417172224b.jpg
    184.9 KB · Views: 826
  • 0417172225.jpg
    0417172225.jpg
    184.7 KB · Views: 817
  • 0417172226a.jpg
    0417172226a.jpg
    201.1 KB · Views: 841
  • 0417172227.jpg
    0417172227.jpg
    201.6 KB · Views: 838
  • 0417172222.jpg
    0417172222.jpg
    190.6 KB · Views: 799

fastone371

Certifiable
Silver Member
You have a very nice table. The cushion profile for that table is no longer made. Also, the short rails are on wrong, the counters should be by the ball box and the rail with the Brunswick badge goes on the end where you break from.

Camoxjeep

Gold Crown I
You have a very nice table. The cushion profile for that table is no longer made. Also, the short rails are on wrong, the counters should be by the ball box and the rail with the Brunswick badge goes on the end where you break from.

Thanks, I always thought they were after the guy installed it when we moved in. I called a shop the other day to get a quote and ended up being the guy that installed it.
I started taking apart the rails to see if it would be beneficial for me to replace everything and save some money, about every single screw in everything is loose. Of course its been here for 14 yrs so they could have just come loose over time but not every single one.

Ralph Kramden

BOOM!.. ZOOM!.. MOON!
Silver Member
You have a very nice table. The cushion profile for that table is no longer made. Also, the short rails are on wrong,
the counters should be by the ball box and the rail with the Brunswick badge goes on the end where you break from.

When you take your rails off, you should see some stampings that say where each rail goes.

Last edited:

Camoxjeep

Gold Crown I
When you take your rails off, you should see some stampings that say where each rail goes.

Yes started taking them off yesterday and they are on there.

I asked on another forum section about bumper recommendations and they said to ask here. I decided to go with superspeed rubber instead of a cheaper brand. How much does it cost to send to someone and have the rails and bumpers done correctly?
I dont have a ton of money to spend on this and was planning on doing everything myself. I'm pretty mechanically inclined and have had this table apart a few times since I've owned it. But I dont want to screw up the most important part which I believe are the rails. The local guy here is the one that put it together when we moved here 14yrs ago and dont know if I trust him to do a really good job as I'm pretty anal about things getting done correctly the first time thats why I do most everything myself.
Getting ready to bite the bullet on a few things so I need to know what the average cost is to have them done.
Going with Proform cloth (burgandy), Superspeed rubber, also since I have it apart I'm going to sand and repaint everything with a new decal. Also try and clean up the aluminum parts. Dont know about the feet yet as I cant afford to have them chromed yet. Any suggestions on the feet?

CuesDirectly

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I asked on another forum section about bumper recommendations and they said to ask here. I decided to go with superspeed rubber instead of a cheaper brand. How much does it cost to send to someone and have the rails and bumpers done correctly?
I dont have a ton of money to spend on this and was planning on doing everything myself. I'm pretty mechanically inclined and have had this table apart a few times since I've owned it. But I dont want to screw up the most important part which I believe are the rails. The local guy here is the one that put it together when we moved here 14yrs ago and dont know if I trust him to do a really good job as I'm pretty anal about things getting done correctly the first time thats why I do most everything myself.
Getting ready to bite the bullet on a few things so I need to know what the average cost is to have them done.
Going with Proform cloth (burgandy), Superspeed rubber, also since I have it apart I'm going to sand and repaint everything with a new decal. Also try and clean up the aluminum parts. Dont know about the feet yet as I cant afford to have them chromed yet. Any suggestions on the feet?

You cannot Chrome plate them, they are Aluminum, just like other pieces on the table.

They can be polished, if the scratches are real deep, you may take them to a Chrome shop if you have one nearby, they also buff Aluminum, they would look like new.

Ralph Kramden

BOOM!.. ZOOM!.. MOON!
Silver Member

If you're talking about the AR-6100 decal, I would just tape over and paint around. Those decals are a bit pricey.

xianmacx

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You would be suprised what a little bar keepers friend will do to the feet and corners.

What color are you planning on painting the table? Back to an original color scheme?

fastone371

Certifiable
Silver Member

The dark green and tournament blue both look very, very nice on Gold Crowns and probably a little more appropriate??

Camoxjeep

Gold Crown I
You would be suprised what a little bar keepers friend will do to the feet and corners.

What color are you planning on painting the table? Back to an original color scheme?

After much sanding I believe our table was originally blue/white. We started to think we were going to go natural wood, it is pretty once you get down to it. Been going back and forth for a week now on what we were gong to do. Today was our final decision once our cloth got here, Proform Steel Gray. And the color will be all white. Seen a pic of one and it looked really nice. We didnt really like any of the other colors.
And already started polishing the feet and corners and they are turning out really nice.

Camoxjeep

Gold Crown I
Ken Hash at Classic Billiards can help with with whatever parts you need and he has the original Brunswick color scheme info.

https://www.classicbilliards.net

Contact Mark Gregory for info and pricing on your rails. There are others but he did mine so I can tell you he does a nice job.

http://www.perfectpocketz.com

Good luck.
Bought a bunch of stuff from Ken and talked to him on the phone the other day. Got my package yesterday:grin-square: Cant wait.
Planning on doing my own rails and felt, been watching a ton of videos and getting great info from all of them. I'm pretty handy so hopefully it'll turn out good.

Camoxjeep

Gold Crown I
after you polish the aluminum use white diamond to maintain them and seal them. I use this on my 49 ford all the time only polish with a sealer so no black residue or oxidation will transfer to your clothes while playing. most auto parts stores carry it also.

http://www.whitediamondamerica.com/metal-polish.html

Thanks for the heads up, Ive already got a polisher but havent though of a sealer and will be getting some tomorrow.

Camoxjeep

Gold Crown I
What videos have you been watching

Just been cruising YouTube videos. Trying to watch as many as I can on each portion (replacing rubber, felting rails, felting table) so I can see which portions make sense and will work for me. I'm not quite a perfectionist but pretty damn close. I'd rather do it right the first time than just throwing it together. It would be easier (not on my wallet) to get someone to do it but I don't trust anyone locally and can't afford to pay for someone from another state.
That and I get more satisfaction from doing it myself.
If you know of any great videos please share. Thanks