Bad rail cushions?

Eagle Eye

Registered
A local table mechanic recovered 3 Gold Crowns with new cushions. The table plays terrible!!
All 3 cushion banks go long by one diamond and if you place a cue ball in the corner and bank off the side rail it will bank very long.

The Mechanic said he got his cushions from Mueller and that they had substituted what he had asked for. So he thought he would try the cushions.

Looks like he will be removing and replacing the Cushions! And sending 2 cases Back!
He said he found another supplier.

Normally he uses the the cushions with the pink rubber on the tip with a slightly rounded edge, this new stuff had a sharp pointed edge.

I measured the rail height and compared it to the other 13 tables in the room and it seemed to be the same.

This Mechanic has been working tables for more than 20 years in Arizona

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk

realkingcobra

Silver Member
A local table mechanic recovered 3 Gold Crowns with new cushions. The table plays terrible!!
All 3 cushion banks go long by one diamond and if you place a cue ball in the corner and bank off the side rail it will bank very long.

The Mechanic said he got his cushions from Mueller and that they had substituted what he had asked for. So he thought he would try the cushions.

Looks like he will be removing and replacing the Cushions! And sending 2 cases Back!
He said he found another supplier.

Normally he uses the the cushions with the pink rubber on the tip with a slightly rounded edge, this new stuff had a sharp pointed edge.

I measured the rail height and compared it to the other 13 tables in the room and it seemed to be the same.

This Mechanic has been working tables for more than 20 years in Arizona

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk

He probably installed K66 cushions, measure the nose height.