Thank you Dr. Dave!!! - Center of table position video

teedotaj

teedot oohhhhhh
Silver Member
wow...we all know how important it is to know how to get back to the centre...but..this does a great job of showing how.

i want a copy..lol

Matt90

Trust the Process
Silver Member
Good Stuff

thanks !! this elaborates on what the Kid Delicious videos only mentions for playing through the center of the table to avoid scratching .

MOJOE

Work Hard, Be Humble. jbk
Silver Member
That is some fantastic information.. Just goes to show, without knowledge, we can easily get stuck in a rut.. I never knew the 45 degree rule from the side rail?? I may just buy all the DVD's now.

Last edited:

Beware_of_Dawg

Silver Member
That is some awesome stuff.... Dave, what's with that noise the vid makes when the gems come up "DAaaaaaa--DAAAAAAAAAAA!!" ? lol.

TSW

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Wow. This is the best Dr. Dave video I've seen. Powerful knowledge, simple to remember, and demonstrated really well. Thank you for sharing this!

dr_dave

Instructional Author
Gold Member
Silver Member
Great stuff!! :) It was very generous to share this with us.

I hope this will help my position play considerably.

http://forums.azbilliards.com/video.php?do=viewdetails&videoid=109
Thanks ... and you're welcome!

Although, I need to give Tom Ross (my VEPS partner) the credit here. He contributed most of the ideas with the center-of-the-table stuff.

FYI, I currently have ten clips (all "gems") posted from the first two discs. They can be viewed here:

I just finished the first draft of Disc III (Safety Play and Strategy) yesterday, and I hope to have six more clips posted by this weekend.

Regards,
Dave

MOJOE

Work Hard, Be Humble. jbk
Silver Member
Dave, thanks so much. I bought your book when you first released it, now I am gonna have to save up for the DVD's. Fantastic stuff to add to my knowledge base.

You are a very valuable asset to the forum. Best regards!

Thanks ... and you're welcome!

Although, I need to give Tom Ross (my VEPS partner) the credit here. He contributed most of the ideas with the center-of-the-table stuff.

FYI, I currently have ten clips (all "gems") posted from the first two discs. They can be viewed here:

I just finished the first draft of Disc III (Safety Play and Strategy) yesterday, and I hope to have six more clips posted by this weekend.

Regards,
Dave

dr_dave

Instructional Author
Gold Member
Silver Member
That is some awesome stuff.... Dave, what's with that noise the vid makes when the gems come up "DAaaaaaa--DAAAAAAAAAAA!!" ? lol.
Sorry about that. The "TADA" sound is used to announce "gems" that appear throughout the video series. We wanted people to pay extra attention to these special shots or concepts, so we thought a sound effect might help alert viewers. In the demo clips, the sound occurs frequently, because they contain lots of "gems." The sound occurs less frequently when watching an entire DVD. Some people have reported being annoyed by the sound, but Tom and I still like it, and we think it is an effective tool for somebody viewing an entire DVD in one sitting (although, I know some people disagree).

TADA!!!!!!!!!! :p

Regards,
Dave

dr_dave

Instructional Author
Gold Member
Silver Member
Dave, thanks so much. I bought your book when you first released it, now I am gonna have to save up for the DVD's. Fantastic stuff to add to my knowledge base.

You are a very valuable asset to the forum. Best regards!
I appreciate all of the kind and supportive words from everybody.

Thanks,
Dave

Beware_of_Dawg

Silver Member
Sorry about that. The "TADA" sound is used to announce "gems" that appear throughout the video series. We wanted people to pay extra attention to these special shots or concepts, so we thought a sound effect might help alert viewers. In the demo clips, the sound occurs frequently, because they contain lots of "gems." The sound occurs less frequently when watching an entire DVD. Some people have reported being annoyed by the sound, but Tom and I still like it, and we think it is an effective tool for somebody viewing an entire DVD in one sitting (although, I know some people disagree).

TADA!!!!!!!!!! :p

Regards,
Dave

Perhaps a cash register sound "Cha-Ching" would be less abrasive? lol.

but seriously, great stuff man. Top notch.

dr_dave

Instructional Author
Gold Member
Silver Member
Other VEPS clips

Tap, Tap, very good info, done well, and easy to understand.
Thanks again to everybody for the kind words. I have to admit that I'm a little surprised that this one video is getting so much attention and feedback. If you want to see more, these are some of the other clips that have had the most views on YouTube recently:

I also just posted a new set of clips from VEPS III. Here they are:

I look forward to hearing what people think (positive or negative) about the new clips.

Enjoy,
Dave

dr_dave

Instructional Author
Gold Member
Silver Member
That's one example of where I was absolutely sure my game had improved by just watching the video! There are plenty of others.
Thanks Jim. I know many people wouldn't agree with this ... that you can get better just by learning something (even without practice). But I think there are a few examples where learning something you didn't know before can help your game. Here are some "knowledge gems" that come to mind for me: 30-degree rule, 45-degree rule (for center-of-table position), 90-degree rule, trisect system, back-hand English (BHE), squirt/swerve/throw understanding, Coriolis masse shot aiming system, kick and bank systems, etc.!

Regards,
Dave

Patrick Johnson

Fish of the Day
Silver Member
I know many people wouldn't agree with this ... that you can get better just by learning something...

Those people improve more slowly, and maybe less overall. Knowledge is power. You're empowering pool players, Dave.

pj
chgo