So anyone got any funny pool room stories

cscott67

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ring game.......

About 20 years ago I was in a 9-ball ring game at a bowling alley in grand rapids. A girl walks in and goes up to the counter about ten feet away from us to get a drink. (we all look over to check her out)

One of the boys says in a slow southern drawl, "dang, she got legs that go from the floor to the snack bar!!!"

We all fell out laughing!! That was probably the funniest thing I've ever heard or seen playing pool. It was hilarious!! ;O)

Tommy Joe

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Actually, he hid my car on several occasions. He never stole the car. Just hid it.

Let's try to be fair. Maybe the guy is a socially conscious type. He knows the guy who just won his money might celebrate by drinking too much, so out of the kindness of his heart he hides the guys car so he won't get a ticket or have an accident. He would ask the guy for his keys but he knows he'd never surrender them, so he does the next best thing - steals the dude's car and hides it for the dude's own good. Let's try to at least consider the bright side of things from now on. Let's get positive, people - let's drop the negative thinking.

TJ

Tommy Joe

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'd shit my pants for $50, and not even blink an eye. :smile:

To this day I can't understand why tables are not constructed with piss tubes that allow the player to discreetly bend up against the table, his unseen dorkus inserted into the tube, the piss stream delivered to a large bucket below or even directly to the restroom through pipes. Shitting is another story. Easier to hold in than piss, I think. I also think it was unfair of the house guy to deny the older guy the right to take a piss. What kind of tactic is that? Maybe what we need (to go along with 'the glove' and other modern billiards accessories), is an athletic colostomy bag that allows competitors to piss in the middle of play without anyone being aware of it. It's time to get modern, people - let's get with the program.

TJ

Tramp Steamer

One Pocket enthusiast.
Silver Member
To this day I can't understand why tables are not constructed with piss tubes that allow the player to discreetly bend up against the table, his unseen dorkus inserted into the tube, the piss stream delivered to a large bucket below or even directly to the restroom through pipes. Shitting is another story. Easier to hold in than piss, I think. I also think it was unfair of the house guy to deny the older guy the right to take a piss. What kind of tactic is that? Maybe what we need (to go along with 'the glove' and other modern billiards accessories), is an athletic colostomy bag that allows competitors to piss in the middle of play without anyone being aware of it. It's time to get modern, people - let's get with the program.
TJ

I see you have a fine appreciation of the shitted word. Bravo. :smile:

Tommy Joe

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I see you have a fine appreciation of the shitted word. Bravo. :smile:

I'm taking that as a compliment because I just re-read my post and enjoyed it, which is not always the case with stuff I send without reading first. I was half serious though. Many was the time I thought, "Wouldn't it be nice if I could take a leak without having to leave the table", even though I'm a somewhat inhibited type who has enough trouble getting the flow started even in a restroom. I like my colostomy bag idea too. You can get into a money game with someone where part of the agreement is that a bottle of beer must be consumed during the span of each game, no matter how short. As your opponent is forced to take numerous restroom breaks, you are peeing into your bag, unknown to him, and able to practice and stay sharp while he's off on an endless parade of restroom trips.

TJ

Tommy Joe

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
They have that in golf, why not pool?
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ncjYnLgxyCI

I don't have youtube, but in case you're referring to the topic of bladder relief during competition, let's not forget that in golf the players are moving and sweating a good deal, which gets rid of water even before it hits the bladder. Golfers have it easier in that regard than pool players. I once played a game of straight pool to 125 points and about 1/4 of the way hit with abdominal pains that bordered on those that come with stomach poisoning. I was on a run when the pains hit. At that time I had the highest run I had ever had to that point, and I firmly believe it was the pain that allowed me to do it. The pain in my gut enveloped my brain and kept it from feeling the usual needless pressures associated with winning or losing a game. Now I realize if the pain is too great it can actually ruin your game. But sometimes discomfort and pain and other outside influences such as a death in the family can contribute to better focus during competition as it takes just enough of the brains attention away from negative thoughts associated with pressure. The outside influence must be just great enough to command the attention of your brain, but not great enough to stop you from performing at your highest level. Grief and pain, as well as needing to take a fierce crap or leak, are often good things that can and do contribute to pressure free performance. Now, if I can only find a way to channel this theory into practical use, who knows, the sky is the limit.

TJ

caponesinc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Little John

This back to around 1979,I'm playing 9 ball with guy for $100 a set and this kid that lived in the Pol Room used clean the place and due errands was watching my match and I broke the balls and the cue ball flew off the table and hit him in mouth and knocks his front teeth out, I though a killed him,but we revived him.The next day I go to the room to see how the kid is doing and the Owner says he was not there and didn't know where he was,well about 6 mo.go by and Little John comes walking in the room,and I said where the hell you been I though you where dead! He says I joined the Army and got my teeth fixed,than gave us a big smile! Well we all fell out laughing for about a half hour,than he went AWOL!!!!

Inaction

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
.... I once played a game of straight pool to 125 points and about 1/4 of the way hit with abdominal pains that bordered on those that come with stomach poisoning. I was on a run when the pains hit. At that time I had the highest run I had ever had to that point, and I firmly believe it was the pain that allowed me to do it. The pain in my gut enveloped my brain and kept it from feeling the usual needless pressures associated with winning or losing a game. Now I realize if the pain is too great it can actually ruin your game. But sometimes discomfort and pain and other outside influences such as a death in the family can contribute to better focus during competition as it takes just enough of the brains attention away from negative thoughts associated with pressure. The outside influence must be just great enough to command the attention of your brain, but not great enough to stop you from performing at your highest level. Grief and pain, as well as needing to take a fierce crap or leak, are often good things that can and do contribute to pressure free performance. Now, if I can only find a way to channel this theory into practical use, who knows, the sky is the limit.

TJ

I agree. One afternoon before a vendor tournament, I played racquetball long enough to be sore everywhere. I played very well and finished fourth, losing to a guy who ran 3 racks on me after I won the first two games. I played in another vendor singles tourney in Rochester just 3 weeks after my Mom passed away. Played some of the best pool I have ever played. The writeup mentioned that there were some hotly contested matches. I am sure at least one of mine was, as I was playing like a Master in the A bracket.