Yes it is true

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
I am only posting this because of the PM’s I have been getting. Thank to those who had kind words. Yes it is true after playing Pool over 50 years I am done.

Yes I am selling everything I have that is pool related. Pool Cues, Accessories, Books, DVDs, Chalk, etc. (list is posted in wanted & for sale).

About 6 months go I developed both a trigger finder in my ring finger on my right hand (finger don’t pen some days), and arthritis finally go to the point I can no longer do many things with the right hand I use to be able too.

Medical science has tried a bunch of stuff that did not work. So I made some decisions on stuff I no longer do.

This getting old is not for sissies. Had I known I would lived as long as I have I would have protect my body better. But life deals you cards, and you play em.

FYI

Str8PoolPlayer

“1966 500 SuperFast”
Silver Member
I am very sorry to hear this news. Last year I went through absolute Hell, but somehow recovered
enough to play Pool about three hours max per day. I can no longer do most of the things I really
enjoyed, so I know what you are going through. Arthritis is a cruel disease. I'd like the shoot the
SOB who called these The Golden Years and, yes, I too would have been kinder to my body had I
known I'd still be around at age 74. Just focus on things you CAN do and life will treat you better.

I wish the Best for you, Howard

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
I am only posting this because of the PM’s I have been getting. Thank to those who had kind words. Yes it is true after playing Pool over 50 years I am done.

Yes I am selling everything I have that is pool related. Pool Cues, Accessories, Books, DVDs, Chalk, etc. (list is posted in wanted & for sale).

About 6 months go I developed both a trigger finder in my ring finger on my right hand (finger don’t pen some days), and arthritis finally go to the point I can no longer do many things with the right hand I use to be able too.

Medical science has tried a bunch of stuff that did not work. So I made some decisions on stuff I no longer do.

This getting old is not for sissies. Had I known I would lived as long as I have I would have protect my body better. But life deals you cards, and you play em.

FYI

That's what everybody says before they you offer 2 games on the wire for $100. :wink: But seriously, hope you find a new pastime that you can enjoy. I would save one cue just to show the kids how you used to do it.

Any idea what caused it? Did you work with a lot of vibrating tools in your profession?

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
"My heroes have always been Cowboys."

The medical industry is always making advances...
...stay in touch with the docs, Coco...help might be around the corner.

TX Poolnut

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Coco,

Glad to see you posting again. I haven't seen your terrible posts in a while and I kinda missed you. Get your butt back on here more! Hope all stays well with you and yours friend. :)

Peace bud.

brentinps

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Here is a copy of aPM sent to cocobolo cowboy. I work in the medical industry and have been familiar with this since mentioned for over 20 yrs. I am not a doctor. May help Str8pool shooter as well.

I think those that fmiliarize therselves with this PEMT therapy will agree that it may be THE biggest thing to hit preventative medicine EVER, and will understand why Big Pharma is tryint to ensure it doesn't go mainstream as it would destroy many of their pill poppin' patients. BTW I am not against medical pills, just against the majority of them that do not work specifically well, or did poorly in FDA trials, or cause secondary illnesses in off label usages.

I work in the medical field on next gen devices. I can tell you that arthritis id for sure, something that can be cured through Pulsed Electromagnetic therapy (PEMT).

Originally designed by russia's space program and adopted by every national space program, it was found to be the only way to keep astronauts from losing bone density and mass in space. This is a technology that works on the whole immune system, on a cellular level, increasing the energy ie. metabolism by boosting circulation, oygenation, anti inflammatory responses and finally after about 40 yrs, the FDA has approved it for increasing tissue growth and bone growth. A large variety of problems can be treated by daily use. This is not any thing like the tens machine, used by generations back. There is no electrodes nor muscle tensing, and there is a completely different scientific basis for it.

They have been blasting/killing cancer tumors for years in Europe with this electromagnetic pulses, for cancer can't live under such a force. Bone casts that use PEMT have been known to have mended in 1/3rd or more of the time.... a reason why million dollar racehorses with broken legs or etc, have been using this tech for years.

A noninvasive therapy device that can heal disease at a cellular level and which CANNOT be over-used since it can't burn muscle or tissue at operating frequencies, IS NOT what pharmaceutical companies want peole to know about. becuase of the vast number of diseases it heals, there will be no further FDA approvals as each disease would have to be indivisually tested, at too high a cost. YOu can buy these in the USA. THe medicare programs and insurance companies will not cover this.

Most DOCs do not know much about this as electro-medicine is not taught at any Universities/western medical colleges.

They just tech everyone to used antiquated tools to give exams, order numerous MRI's, and write prescriptive pills for everything.

The best devices are sold through a leader in the industry and Medical MD out of chicago. Haivn access to a MD consultation for buying the best machine for for you is critical.

I bouhgt the medithera home unit from Dr. Pawluk, who is the us foremost trusted expert on the technology. his website is the best so look no further: www.drpawluk.com. You willl find articles at his site for how the tech works on certain diseases.

I am 50, but bought the machine (i.e. $2600) to use on my parrents for elderlfy disease treatment.. I use it on myself as well an feel it is agreat investment if it can be preventative of any diseases. IT is a mat that I lay on for about 15mins a day with electromagnetic coils in it.

I als0 bought a SOMA Magna Pulser (500$) which is more powerful and focused beam for treatment of elderly ulcers and it had completely healed a year of bed ulcer (when she was mostly bedridden) from my mother in about a week. Never had the problem again.

I can't tell you anything else but to read about this tech, and your specific illnesses. It is largely a hidden secret.

Because of my work in the field of electromedicine, the scientific and medical operations of these devices have been proven and relatively simple to understand. I do not work with dr. Pawluk nor have anything to gain should you buy one of these.... I just know it is work looking into and in the best of instances could get you back into the game we all love. Pool.... .

mattb

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
When one door closes, another opens; but we often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door that we do not see the one which has opened for us-Alexander Graham Bell

Maybe this is a new opportunity to explore something else. Good luck with your future endeavors.

mvp

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Cowboy, good luck and best wishes! You were the first person to view my profile when I joined on here, and you left me some kind messages👍 Thank you!!!!!!

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Cowboy, good luck and best wishes! You were the first person to view my profile when I joined on here, and you left me some kind messages👍 Thank you!!!!!!

And through the efforts of the forum's greatest minds, that message should be deciphered by 2020 (presuming the project remains funded).

But seriously, from one human to another...best wishes, our brother in pool.

JoeyA

Efren's Mini-Tourn BACKER
Silver Member
CocoboloCowboy,

Consider that there are many different forms of treatment and new ones coming to the market all of the time.

Do some research on these treatments for your condition and see what works for you.

I agree with others. Don't sell all of your pool stuff.

Wishing you the best and better days to come.

JoeyA

ArizonaPete

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hi Cowboy, I share your sorrow. I quit 6 months ago because of my back. I guess I was lucky as I lasted 82 years. Mentally I'm in my 30's but my body won't do what I tell it to do.. I really miss shooting pool so I know exactly how you feel. Best regards....

Tramp Steamer

One Pocket enthusiast.
Silver Member
Let me add my name to your list of admirers, Cowboy.
When I first came to the forum, back in the Winter of 09', I thought that you had one of the coolest name of all the members. CocoboloCowboy.
I still do.
And remember, my friend, don't look at these young people with envy, but look at them with pride. You, me, Joey, pt, we've all been where they are. They, on the other hand, have never been where we are.
Get well soon. :smile:

Petros Andrikop

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Best wishes for your next steps, there's always joy in talking about the game, hope the forum will still see activity from your side.

Petros

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
That's what everybody says before they you offer 2 games on the wire for $100. :wink: But seriously, hope you find a new pastime that you can enjoy. I would save one cue just to show the kids how you used to do it.

Any idea what caused it? Did you work with a lot of vibrating tools in your profession?

First off I did get some good info from brentinps that I ill run past my Doc.

Cause is old age, military accident, years of work with hands, heavy objects, crying loads, and as I said a lot of the cause was an Old Military Accident. Do not free fall & land hard with out landing on a soft surface.

ShootingArts

Smorg is giving St Peter the 7!
Gold Member
Silver Member
arthritis

First off I did get some good info from brentinps that I ill run past my Doc.

Cause is old age, military accident, years of work with hands, heavy objects, crying loads, and as I said a lot of the cause was an Old Military Accident. Do not free fall & land hard with out landing on a soft surface.

Twenty years ago my hands were so bad I couldn't make a bridge or grasp a cue stick. Lightly tapping a cue ball was enough to make me want to scream like a seven year old girl child throwing a tantrum. I couldn't push in the keys on a key board to even get on the net. The doctors found something that worked for me and I am still doing pretty heavy work with my hands when I need to. Ran a large chain saw the other day.

The solution for an uncle with hands that were totally useless was shooting them full of gold. Thirty years later his hands are in pretty good shape, he has a pair of usable hands and they look remarkably straight through the joints and unblemished. Seeing his hands at their worst I would have never thought he would ever again be anything but an object of pity.

Trying to tell you and the others reading this with major issues, it truly isn't over until they shovel dirt in your face and you look upwards and see grass. The best "procedure" ever done on my back was a head on car crash that wrapped the front end of my Suburban around the engine and required me kicking my way out of the vehicle. Tore things to hell and breakfast and they healed up in better positions than the doctors ever got them to.

Miracles small and large happen every day!

Hu

Ak Guy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Best wishes.

Sorry to hear about your health issues and I hope you can get some relief some day.

I just turned 66 and things definitely ain't as good as they used to be. I have a hard time being real competitive and ust like playing pool.

I had quit playing for 40 years so I know life goes on with out pool.

Any way, best wishes to you

P.S. Keep one playing cue, just in case you need it!

pwd72s

recreational banger
Silver Member
Coco, I've always enjoyed your posts. Sometimes didn't agree, but that's okay. Hang in there...and posting about pool may not be like playing pool...but it's better than nothing. Stick around, please.

And yeah, don't sell it all...you never know what might happen.