Been thinking about, 'mortality'...

mr3cushion

Regestered User
Silver Member
Been thinking a little bit about, 'mortality' & all that lately!

Found this song by accident, glad I did!

Makes me remember of simpler times! The TRUTH was SO much simpler then!

The Holiday Ballroom in Chicago.

I graduated in 64.

I went to my 50th! Many Post War/Baby boomer's and some gone!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0Pt7M0weUI

Last edited:

rhinobywilhite

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rejoice that you are old. Many of your peers cannot.

That is a real truth.

At 72, I can think of many friends, girlfriends and family members who are no longer here. Vietnam took a number of my friends from our area high schools, car accidents, and health issues got a lot of the rest. A few suicides, too.

It's strange but when I recall them in memory, I always see the youthful face of their time before death. So, in a way, they are like Rod Stewart's song "Forever Young".

Our time on this earth is fleeting. My body is breaking down but, in my mind, I am still that 17 year old kid with the v-8 powered, customized red 51 Chevy, a Willie Hoppe cue in a soft case, and on the road to D's Club, an upstairs pool hall in Temple, Texas where pool players from all over the U.S. came to try their luck. Cannonball spent a summer there. Jersey Red and Puckett came through. They all got played. I never saw anyone book a winner with Cannonball.Temple is not too far from Ft. Hood and you can imagine how many great players who were in the Army came over on the weekends or nights. No, I wasn't gambling with any of the top players but, like a sponge, I soaked up knowledge of position, English, and how to make a game.

SignManiac

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just heard last night that I friend I spent many years surfing with died last week at the age of 55. He had just recently married, built his dream home on a golf course fairway, and started to live his dream.

A lifetime is but a mere drop in the bucket of time... Live while you can because there's no guarantee that you will be able to later on.