Nicest Cuemakers

JRusso

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Mike Gulyassy has been very accessible and prompt with communication. He builds a great playing cue and delivers on time.
To me that's a winning professional relationship.

gregnice37

Bar Banger, Cue Collector
Silver Member
I've really only dealt with 4 cue makers and 3 of them have been great.

Paul Mottey. Ran into him one year at Sbe while he was shooting in the tourney. Watched his match, shook his hand & proceeded to tell him how I picked up one of his cues & wondered if he would take it & change the joint for me as I like ivory & not a fan of ss. He said no problem, was informative & super friendly.

Paul Fanelli. Was a great man. So much to say about him, but if you had the pleasure of meeting him, you know how awesome he was. Loved spending time with him & enjoyed hanging out in his shop.

Steve Dunkel. Amazing cuemaker. Great guy, fun to chat with, has a ton of stories & very knowledgeable. Always bothering him to do work for me & he accepts my addiction & helps me out. Will continue to support him for a long time.

AK-Stick

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have been fortunate over the years to have had cues built by what many would consider some of the best maybe I have been fortunate that all of them listened to my thoughts and corrected me or pointed out options that were better. I have yet to have any of them be rude or unprofessional. I admit that not all of them were timely but I learned that you can't rush them and the wait is worth it.
Having said that 4 that stand out

Jerry R- When he tells you a cue will be ready it is ready and he also send you periodic updates

John Bender- Also send in process photo's and keeps you informed to progress

Steve Dunkel- Currently building me a cue and has maintained a constant communication (looking forward to completion)

Joel Hercek- Its a long wait but once he starts you are informed and Joel can take your imagination and go where you never imagined

oldroller

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Bill schick

Was very nice to me & my 85 year old brother when we stopped there,he gave us a tour of his shop.We shot some pool & talked about fishing.I think he was working on a rod.Nice guy

Sealegs50

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Bill Schick
Mike Webb
Laurie Franklin
John Showman
Joe Callaluca
Joe Blackburn (not sure if he makes cues, but he is great for repairing them)
Honorable mentions from limited experience: Dan Janes, Barry Szamboti

gh8st

Registered
In no specific order and I purchased direct:

MasonH
Mike Bender
Kenny Murrell
Randy Mobley
Andy Gilbert
M. Tucker - Purchased one of his cues second hand and inquired about specs and he offered to make shafts if I ever needed.

I have been fortunate to be in the position to be repeat buyer with a few and would not hesitate to buy a cue from any of the folks mentioned.

MalibuMike

Banned
Tim Padgent and Kent Davis!

My two favorite cue makers are Tim Padgent and Kent Davis, though Tim isn't making cues any more his cues always played as good as my old Burt Shrager or GinaCue. Kent Davis is making some awesome cues right now as well! I'm also a sucker for classic Schon's!

Attachments

• cue1131-2.jpg
    cue1131-2.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 508
  • cue1131-6.jpg
    cue1131-6.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 532
  • 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 499
  • 20150227_191012.jpg
    20150227_191012.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 486
  • 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 513

Thecoats

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I have had extremely positive experiences with the following cue makers. Good communication and delivered what was ordered.

Kenny Murrell
John Showman
Pete from Omen cues

-don

JazzboxBlues

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm currently dealing with Leon Sly and it's been a pleasure to deal with him. I can't wait to get my cue.