Raising Funds for RKC. Contribute Now!!

Bobkitty

I said: "Here kitty, kitty". Got this frown.
Gold Member
Silver Member
Most of you know Glen Hancock as Real King Cobra on AZ Billiards. He's the one that's been traveling around the Country fixing tables and providing helpful advice on here for years. Glen had a terrible motorcycle accident a month ago and has been laid up and unable to earn a living. He's been unable to travel because his right knee is in need of an operation. Glen does not have medical insurance and he's got some really high medical bills pilling up. MRI's and corrective knee surgery soon.
I've started a contribution fund at https://myevent.com/RKC. I hope we can raise some money for Glen. Heaven knows he's done enough for us over the years.

PS, I've done this without Glen's knowledge.

Attachments

• attachment.jpg
    attachment.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 1,141
  • attachment-3.jpg
    attachment-3.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 1,146
  • attachment-2.jpg
    attachment-2.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 1,148
  • attachment-1.jpg
    attachment-1.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 1,137
Last edited:

Texas Carom Club

9ball did to billiards what hiphop did to america
Silver Member
I remember the accident, I didn't know the extent of the injuries we're that bad or hearing as much from him on FB
Ok I just seen his post on it here

Last edited:

SJDinPHX

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Most of you know Glen Hancock as Real King Cobra on AZ Billiards. He's the one that's been traveling around the Country fixing tables and providing helpful advice on here for years. Glen had a terrible motorcycle accident a month ago and has been laid up and unable to earn a living. He's been unable to travel because his right knee is in need of an operation. Glen does not have medical insurance and he's got some really high medical bills pilling up. MRI's and corrective knee surgery soon.
I've started a contribution fund at https://myevent.com/RKC. I hope we can raise some money for Glen. Heaven knows he's done enough for us over the years.

We never got along well, but please let him know I certainly wish him the best..Be glad to contribute what I can.

realkingcobra

Silver Member

I appreciate your help Dennis...but at 60yrs old, if i can't ride my motorcycle anymore, what am I suppose to do for a thrill, to challenge the limits of speed, risk death....get married again?....ROTFLAMO it's not like i was going down the freeway at a 130mph.... although I've done that....LOL

Bobkitty

Gold Member
Silver Member
I appreciate your help Dennis...but at 60yrs old, if i can't ride my motorcycle anymore, what am I suppose to do for a thrill, to challenge the limits of speed, risk death....get married again?....ROTFLAMO it's not like i was going down the freeway at a 130mph.... although I've done that....LOL

I'll sneak up there and put a governor on that thing. I sold my Hybusa at age 60 because I was going to kill myself. Just take it easy.

realkingcobra

Silver Member
I nust figured my accident was a death defying act, meaning that because I'm still alive, and the 18 wheeler that changed lanes and moved over so he wouldn't run over me....was because my Kawasaki 650 Verses isn't big enough, so yesterday while I was ordering some parts to fix it....i went over and checked out the new 2017 Kawasaki ZX14R as my next possible motorcycle....LMAO... THAT'LL get the job done!

realkingcobra

Silver Member
I'll sneak up there and put a governor on that thing. I sold my Hybusa at age 60 because I was going to kill myself. Just take it easy.

But don't worry, i stand about as much of a chance fitting on a ZX14R as i do fitting on a Hybusa... I'm just to damn big, can't fit my feet up on the foot pegs and still be able to shift or hit the brakes:thumbup: at 5' 11" and 275lbs... I'm to big to ride the kiddie rides....:rotflmao1:

ROB.M

:)
Silver Member
Those damn bikes sure are fun to ride but other people are negligent, you're lucky that semi truck driver is a alert driver and used his driving system to avoid a nasty accident.
Stay off that leg after surgery and take it easy.
I'll kick you some chicken' get well soon.

Rob.M

Shawn Armstrong

AZB deceased - stopped posting 5/13/2022
Silver Member
But don't worry, i stand about as much of a chance fitting on a ZX14R as i do fitting on a Hybusa... I'm just to damn big, can't fit my feet up on the foot pegs and still be able to shift or hit the brakes:thumbup: at 5' 11" and 275lbs... I'm to big to ride the kiddie rides....:rotflmao1:

Get a Concours. ZX14 engine. Upright riding position. Best of both worlds.

I'm 6'. And fit on a Busa or ZX14 just fine. Won't ever own one, though. Europe, definitely. But North America, no chance. All of the "fun speed" is in the "you go straight to jail" category. And they aren't great track bikes.

Hope you're back on the bike soon, Glen. Keep the shiny side up.

Bobkitty

Gold Member
Silver Member
just make my donation... Hope RKC recovers soon...

Thanks so much. I've set the goal at $10,000 and that might put a dent in one MRI and one knee operation. Please help me keep this thread at the top so everyone gets to see it. If only the people that got the best playing table in their state from Glen's know how and work will kick in a little, we'll easily surpass that.

Bobkitty

Gold Member
Silver Member
Keep those donations coming in. Let's get RKC back on the road. If you've ever asked for his table advice, read his write ups about how to level a table, actually had Glen come set up your table, or want to thank the guy who engineered the changes Diamond made to switch from Red Label to Blue Label, then maybe you could give a little to his medical fund. I can't think of another person that has contributed so much of his time and energy to the pool community. Please help me keep this at the top until we meet the $$$ goal.

jtompilot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Keep those donations coming in. Let's get RKC back on the road. If you've ever asked for his table advice, read his write ups about how to level a table, actually had Glen come set up your table, or want to thank the guy who engineered the changes Diamond made to switch from Red Label to Blue Label, then maybe you could give a little to his medical fund. I can't think of another person that has contributed so much of his time and energy to the pool community. Please help me keep this at the top until we meet the $$$ goal.

I sent a little something:)
Get well soon

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Get a Concours. ZX14 engine. Upright riding position. Best of both worlds.

I'm 6'. And fit on a Busa or ZX14 just fine. Won't ever own one, though. Europe, definitely. But North America, no chance. All of the "fun speed" is in the "you go straight to jail" category. And they aren't great track bikes.

Hope you're back on the bike soon, Glen. Keep the shiny side up.

Even if i wanted a crotchrocket, it wouldn't matter, my legs are way to big to position them to ride one. No, I'm keeping my 650 as i have to load it up in the back of my truck and unload it when I'm out on the road, and that up and down a 2' wide ramp...and even though I've done it lots of times, i still get thoughts of falling off the ramp with the bike on top of me and it only weighs 470lbs...600+ lbs scares the hell out of me....LOL

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
I nust figured my accident was a death defying act, meaning that because I'm still alive, and the 18 wheeler that changed lanes and moved over so he wouldn't run over me....was because my Kawasaki 650 Verses isn't big enough, so yesterday while I was ordering some parts to fix it....i went over and checked out the new 2017 Kawasaki ZX14R as my next possible motorcycle....LMAO... THAT'LL get the job done!

Glen,

What cause your accident? is there any chance of an insurance payout?

Chris

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Glen,

What cause your accident? is there any chance of an insurance payout?

Chris
Loose sand and gravel on the hwy on ramp, left over from the winter snow that had been gone for about 6 weeks already by the time I wiped out. Sure, i can get my insurance company to pay for the damages to my bike, already have a check from them to cover the $3,900 in damages, BUT...then the insurance company lists the accident as MY fault and puts it on my driving record as having an accident. If i cash their check, sue the state for damages and win, then the state will reimburse my insurance company and they'll turn the report of the accident into a no-fault accident and it won't be on my record or effect my rates. I didn't find that out until after I recieved the check from my insurance company....NICE! What I have going in my favor is the state patrol listing the cause of the accident was due to the loose sand and gravel on the on-ramp causing unsafe driving conditions for a motorcycle, and no citation issued to me for the accident, agreeing that I wasn't at fault....but that still don't change the insurance companies policy covering accidents if they have a pay out. And you can't get personal injury protection riding a motorcycle, it's not offered as an option.

Last edited:

Fenwick

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Loose sand and gravel on the hwy on ramp, left over from the winter snow that had been gone for about 6 weeks already by the time I wiped out. Sure, i can get my insurance company to pay for the damages to my bike, already have a check from them to cover the $3,900 in damages, BUT...then the insurance company lists the accident as MY fault and puts it on my driving record as having an accident. If i cash their check, sue the state for damages and win, then the state will reimburse my insurance company and they'll turn the report of the accident into a no-fault accident and it won't be on my record or effect my rates. I didn't find that out until after I recieved the check from my insurance company....NICE! What I have going in my favor is the state patrol listing the cause of the accident was due to the loose sand and gravel on the on-ramp causing unsafe driving conditions for a motorcycle, and no citation issued to me for the accident, agreeing that I wasn't at fault....but that still don't change the insurance companies policy covering accidents if they have a pay out. And you can't get personal injury protection riding a motorcycle, it's not offered as an option.

Lose gravel and sand got me too. Doing 70 in a 35 on a winding road didn't help. I used to love to Café ride everywhere scraping those foot pegs along the way. Thank God for leather. The last time I rode a bike was the last time I rode. Hell, they try to run me off the road while I'm driving my Suburban now. Sorry I can't help out but the wife's M.S. meds are already cutting us close to the bone.
Hope you have a speedy recovery no pun intended.