Duramith Technology

mp8208

The Park Sharp Shooters
11OMr-rBe9L.jpg

Ordered this Aramith Magnetic Duramith Technology ball for my league play instead of using the house ball. Was wondering if anyone has experience with this ball.

mchnhed

I Came, I Shot, I Choked
Silver Member
11OMr-rBe9L.jpg

Ordered this Aramith Magnetic Duramith Technology ball for my league play instead of using the house ball. Was wondering if anyone has experience with this ball.
Do you need the magnetic ball?
Don't they open up the side of the tables during league play?
Other wise it would be better to use a Regular Aramith cue ball.

It's the best magnetic cue ball available.

Last edited:

az8jake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It slides and doesn't grab and draw properly so I don't use it to play but occasionally practice with it .

JoseV

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Some bars don't open up the tables.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

mp8208

The Park Sharp Shooters
yeah our home bar doesn't own the tables so they anti up the quarters for pool league games

mp8208

The Park Sharp Shooters
it says the ball is magnetic and spread throughout the ball instead of a central core

KMRUNOUT

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That is the ball the APA uses (mostly) in Vegas. I've played with it quite a lot. It is by a mile the best coin op cue ball. It does not play 100% right though and not as well as a "real" ball.

KMRUNOUT

Sent from my iPhone using AzBilliards Forums

Skippy27

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
They are the best balance magnetic ball out there and they play good enough that probably 99.9% of the people here wouldn't even know it was being used in a blind test, even when including nonmagnetic balls in the test.

Cornerman

Cue Author...Sometimes
Gold Member
Silver Member
The standard green insignia magnetic Aramith

Hmmm... they made the purple insignia because of all the lessons learned from the field failures of the green isignia. I'm surprised that you're saying that you like the green better.

Personally, for the magnetic balls ,I think the purple insignia is much better.

Freddie <~~~ YMMV

GideonF

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I may not be able to tell the difference, but for my newly acquired Valley I now have (a) an old (used) green logo CB (which I got for free); (b) a new purple logo CB; (c) an old red triangle Aramith CB (came with my very first set of Super Pros); and (d) a not-quite-as-old red logo Aramith CB (came with my second set of Super Pros that are now being used on the table).

I think I may have a CB addiction.

I intend to use the red logo mostly, but will play around with the two magnetic ones to see if I can notice a difference.

mp8208

The Park Sharp Shooters
Well I got the cue ball in today. Ill try it here in a couple of weeks at our home bar and make sure it wont get stuck in the table. I appreciate all the reviews.

I also heard this ball is suppose to be like a measle ball. Any truth to that?

alphadog

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well I got the cue ball in today. Ill try it here in a couple of weeks at our home bar and make sure it wont get stuck in the table. I appreciate all the reviews.

I also heard this ball is suppose to be like a measle ball. Any truth to that?

they are both cueballs. that ia about the only similarity.