VHS Tapes To DVD

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just food for thought I think accustats has a special once in a while of 10 dvds for $100. I might be mis-remembering. Anyway, you might want to call them and explain your situation. Maybe they would give you a competitive price for new dvd’s, compared to using a 3rd party service. The quality may be better also.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hey, don't forget about the infamous "Yamizaki" encryption that Bert used all those years. " It will damage your heads"....lol.

My head can't get anymore damaged than it is.

Kinister?

If he says it, I'm am gonna believe it.

Ding dong.

DrCue'sProtege

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just food for thought I think accustats has a special once in a while of 10 dvds for $100. I might be mis-remembering. Anyway, you might want to call them and explain your situation. Maybe they would give you a competitive price for new dvd’s, compared to using a 3rd party service. The quality may be better also.

I think they are out of the office now, at that special event that's going on out east somewhere. But thanks for pointing that out, I might hold off on getting them copied until I talk to Pat.

r/Mike

DrCue'sProtege

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Apparently they are offering the 10 DVDs for $100 Special right now. Or do you have to be a member of the Video-Of-The-Month Club to take advantage of that offer?

DrCue'sProtege

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think the 10 for 100 is for anyone off the street.

It is, and I am going to take advantage of this. Thanks so much isuedtoberich, I owe you one. Might give you a free lesson sometime. Do you know how to roll balls down the table? Doing so will make you one of the all-time great players!

r/DCP

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It is, and I am going to take advantage of this. Thanks so much isuedtoberich, I owe you one. Might give you a free lesson sometime. Do you know how to roll balls down the table? Doing so will make you one of the all-time great players!

r/DCP

That is small potatoes. Wait until you get to S.A.M (Supplemental Aiming Method). You will never miss again.

DrCue'sProtege

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Just called Pat and placed the 10 for $100 order.

Thanks again iusedtoberich, you really helped here. Most people on here just act like idiots.

r/DCP

Last edited:

DrCue'sProtege

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ordered on Monday, received my 10 new DVDs today (Wednesday). Just in time for the holidays. That's excellent customer service by the folks at Accu-Stats!

Now after I get home from the opening b'ball game tonight, I can watch an episode of Charlie's Angels and then throw in the match between Buddy Hall and Sal Butera. It was a 13-12 Hall thriller!

r/DCP

Poolhall60561

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Owning pool matches on DVD’s will soon be a thing of the past. We are soon going to be living in a pay per view world. I’ll miss collecting all those great matches.

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ordered on Monday, received my 10 new DVDs today (Wednesday). Just in time for the holidays. That's excellent customer service by the folks at Accu-Stats!

Now after I get home from the opening b'ball game tonight, I can watch an episode of Charlie's Angels and then throw in the match between Buddy Hall and Sal Butera. It was a 13-12 Hall thriller!

r/DCP

Does the video quality of the dvd seem better than the vhs for these old matches? Did you get the same matches you already had on vhs, or different ones?

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
ps, I was always too lazy to do this, but maybe you are not....

Map out each layout after the break on this match (with a screenshot or notebook, etc), and put it on your table with doughnuts. Then, attempt to run the rack the same way the pro did. Keep playing the same rack until you can run it. Food for thought to possibly improve your game.

ShortBusRuss

Short Bus Russ - C Player
Silver Member
OP already paid for the matches in DVD format, but the real solution to this is recording from the VCR to computer and then ripping it to mpeg. Get yourself a NAS that does DLNA streaming, and stream to any DLNA device in your house. (Which is basically any PC, tablet, or Smart TV made after 2010...)

For anyone else with VHS, here is an affordable USB video capture card that has decent reviews: USB Video Card

Although I no longer have any VHS, I am currently in the process of ripping every pool DVD I own to mpeg. It takes between 15-20 minutes per DVD at "Very Fast" 1080p quality in Handbrake, so it is a significant investment of time, but at the end of it all, I will be rid of DVDs as my main method of watching pool. Portability to my tablet for watching training DVDs at the pool hall... On flights without a special-purpose DVD player, in the car with Bluetooth audio to the car stereo system.

EDIT: If anyone is interested in a new thread detailing methods/software for converting your DVDs over to mpeg and setting up a NAS to stream it within your home, let me know..

Short Bus Russ

Last edited:

ShortBusRuss

Short Bus Russ - C Player
Silver Member
Does the video quality of the dvd seem better than the vhs for these old matches? Did you get the same matches you already had on vhs, or different ones?

I would definitely like to know the answer to this question.. When Accu-Stats finally comes around and starts selling older matches in the format the world is currently using (mpeg), then I may go back and buy a few specific matches..

I would expect that VHS was always gonna be massively downsampled from the original video, as I would think pretty much any professional grade camera even from the 80s recorded in high definition? I may be wrong on that, though.. It would be AWESOME to pick up all of Efren's older Sands Regency tournament if they were in HD. I would actually pay $10.00 per for those DVDs.

Accu-Stats, if they have actual HD quality recordings on DVD of those older matches with Grady and Billy commentating, are missing out on a real opportunity if they are not promoting package deals from that era. Even when new, the older Efren matches looked like they were recorded on a potato. Getting to watch them again in HD would be pretty breathtaking.

Short Bus Russ