Old
  (#121)
j2pac
Marital Slow Learner.

j2pac has a reputation beyond reputej2pac has a reputation beyond reputej2pac has a reputation beyond reputej2pac has a reputation beyond reputej2pac has a reputation beyond reputej2pac has a reputation beyond reputej2pac has a reputation beyond reputej2pac has a reputation beyond reputej2pac has a reputation beyond reputej2pac has a reputation beyond reputej2pac has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

06-07-2017, 11:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logdog View Post
Well, it looks like this is coming to a close with no posts for 10 days. I hope I was able to provide some insight for the group by posting the numbers I received both in appraisal and offers. To recap the appraisals, after throwing oiut the highest and lowest, ranged from $10,000-$18,000 and the offers I received ranged from $5,000-$13,500. I think this does not bode well for the market or at least the high end market when a cue of this quality that hasn't even been seen for over 20 years generated so few offers but it is what it is so I will try this again in 10-15 years and hopefully things will have changed for the better. I again want to thank the many people that offered their help and suggestions. This is exactly what a coimmunity like this is for and several of you went above and beyond with your help. Thanks again
Just my opinion, but most of the remaining people who would have understood who Gus is/was may well be dead in 10-15 years. An offer of $13,500.00 is solid, but at the end of the day, it's your cue.
Best regards.
j2

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire - "Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today." - James Dean - "What you are shouts so loudly in my ears, I cannot hear what you say." - R.W. Emerson -

TOMAHAWK FERRULE MATERIAL - NO CLICK, JUST BANG.

Old
  (#122)
classiccues
Jeez another trade offer
classiccues has a reputation beyond reputeclassiccues has a reputation beyond reputeclassiccues has a reputation beyond reputeclassiccues has a reputation beyond reputeclassiccues has a reputation beyond reputeclassiccues has a reputation beyond reputeclassiccues has a reputation beyond reputeclassiccues has a reputation beyond reputeclassiccues has a reputation beyond reputeclassiccues has a reputation beyond reputeclassiccues has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

06-08-2017, 02:49 AM

Well that's an interesting take.. OR you can remove the appraisals that were driven by ridiculousness, and see that the offers you received were well within the real life appraisals. Which shows that some people actually pay attention and are not afraid to actually put out a real number based on the true market that reflect recent sales.

I can tell you with absolute certainty, that there have been bigger, all original cues, that have sold for bigger numbers in the last month, let alone 20 years.

This cue is the perfect example for a lot of things going on in the industry. People who still think its 1998, still no recognition or respect for the condition aspect of vintage cues, especially all original examples in fine condition.

You sir, are a gambler. Put it back in the safe, and bring it back out in 10-15 years... See which way the market went.... I like it.. a 15 year bet. Hope it works out for you, I am sure we all do...

JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logdog View Post
Well, it looks like this is coming to a close with no posts for 10 days. I hope I was able to provide some insight for the group by posting the numbers I received both in appraisal and offers. To recap the appraisals, after throwing oiut the highest and lowest, ranged from $10,000-$18,000 and the offers I received ranged from $5,000-$13,500. I think this does not bode well for the market or at least the high end market when a cue of this quality that hasn't even been seen for over 20 years generated so few offers but it is what it is so I will try this again in 10-15 years and hopefully things will have changed for the better. I again want to thank the many people that offered their help and suggestions. This is exactly what a coimmunity like this is for and several of you went above and beyond with your help. Thanks again

www.classiccues.com
New site ONLINE.......

Many new cases

Updated 3/29

Trade opportunity: I am trying to fulfill someones collection. I need a Palmer Model I from the second catalog, and a Palmer 18, from the third catalog. If you have either of these, we can possibly do something.

Premium Custom Cues for Sale and Vintage Billiard and Pool Exchange on Facebook....

Old
  (#123)
batalarms
Ebony Hoppe Fanatic
batalarms has a reputation beyond reputebatalarms has a reputation beyond reputebatalarms has a reputation beyond reputebatalarms has a reputation beyond reputebatalarms has a reputation beyond reputebatalarms has a reputation beyond reputebatalarms has a reputation beyond reputebatalarms has a reputation beyond reputebatalarms has a reputation beyond reputebatalarms has a reputation beyond reputebatalarms has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via Skype™ to batalarms 
06-08-2017, 04:52 AM

I still say that anyone that walks away from $13,500.00 is greedy and foolish.I have seen this happen before.It happened to me with a Burton Spain cue as well as a Bushka.I was offered a good price,I passed and then years later it was ignored and not even an offer was made.Ever heard that a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush?Just saying .Good luck .BTW,a nice Gus just sold on the Bay for ,$7,100.00.
Marc

Last edited by batalarms; 06-08-2017 at 07:11 AM.

Old
  (#124)
skins
Likes to draw
skins has a reputation beyond reputeskins has a reputation beyond reputeskins has a reputation beyond reputeskins has a reputation beyond reputeskins has a reputation beyond reputeskins has a reputation beyond reputeskins has a reputation beyond reputeskins has a reputation beyond reputeskins has a reputation beyond reputeskins has a reputation beyond reputeskins has a reputation beyond repute

06-08-2017, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by batalarms View Post
I still say that anyone that walks away from $13,500.00 is greedy and foolish.I have seen this happen before.It happened to me with a Burton Spain cue as well as a Bushka.I was offered a good price,I passed and then years later it was ignored and not even an offer was made.Ever heard that a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush?Just saying .Good luck .BTW,a nice Gus just sold on the Bay for ,$7,100.00.
Marc
It wasn't a Szamboti it was a Balabushka with a non veneered Gus Szamboti prong... $7100 seems right for that cue and it's condition IMO...

Design is a fingerprint of the mind....

Old
  (#125)
Dak21st
AzB Silver Member
Dak21st has a reputation beyond reputeDak21st has a reputation beyond reputeDak21st has a reputation beyond reputeDak21st has a reputation beyond reputeDak21st has a reputation beyond reputeDak21st has a reputation beyond reputeDak21st has a reputation beyond reputeDak21st has a reputation beyond reputeDak21st has a reputation beyond reputeDak21st has a reputation beyond reputeDak21st has a reputation beyond repute

06-08-2017, 04:59 PM

How much would Barry charge now to make identical copy and how long is the wait?

Old
  (#126)
jazznpool
Superior Cues--Unchalked!
jazznpool has a reputation beyond reputejazznpool has a reputation beyond reputejazznpool has a reputation beyond reputejazznpool has a reputation beyond reputejazznpool has a reputation beyond reputejazznpool has a reputation beyond reputejazznpool has a reputation beyond reputejazznpool has a reputation beyond reputejazznpool has a reputation beyond reputejazznpool has a reputation beyond reputejazznpool has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 6900

06-08-2017, 11:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dak21st View Post
How much would Barry charge now to make identical copy and how long is the wait?
I heard somewhere that Barry's book is closed. I could be wrong. Many moons ago I heard he was over 10 years.

Old
  (#127)
classiccues
Jeez another trade offer
classiccues has a reputation beyond reputeclassiccues has a reputation beyond reputeclassiccues has a reputation beyond reputeclassiccues has a reputation beyond reputeclassiccues has a reputation beyond reputeclassiccues has a reputation beyond reputeclassiccues has a reputation beyond reputeclassiccues has a reputation beyond reputeclassiccues has a reputation beyond reputeclassiccues has a reputation beyond reputeclassiccues has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

06-09-2017, 02:30 AM

This was a Balabushka, and the 7100 is misleading, the case and letter are an easy 3-400 in value. The unveneered prongs are very rare. We have had two of those Szambotis and both sold very quickly and for more than I thought they would at the time.

So I think this helped this cue. All in all, a very solid price for this cue,

JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by batalarms View Post
Marc

www.classiccues.com
New site ONLINE.......

Many new cases

Updated 3/29

Trade opportunity: I am trying to fulfill someones collection. I need a Palmer Model I from the second catalog, and a Palmer 18, from the third catalog. If you have either of these, we can possibly do something.

Premium Custom Cues for Sale and Vintage Billiard and Pool Exchange on Facebook....

Page 9 of 9 « First 789

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: