Stretch Shadows?

Tomster

Registered
The system is great, simple to follow and get's the job done.

I'm guessing that with something that is as fluid as installing cloth there will be things that are unique to the type of cloth itself, it does seem like the Andy cloth needed a bit more stretch on the anchor side end stretch than "springy".

Overall very happy with the DVD, and thanks for the answers on here as well.

realkingcobra

Silver Member
The system is great, simple to follow and get's the job done.

I'm guessing that with something that is as fluid as installing cloth there will be things that are unique to the type of cloth itself, it does seem like the Andy cloth needed a bit more stretch on the anchor side end stretch than "springy".

Overall very happy with the DVD, and thanks for the answers on here as well.

Good job buddy

Wieguns

Banger
Silver Member
Rather than open a new thread, I figured I would just tag onto this relatively recent thread.

I have some stretch shadows as well, following a warranty slate replacement and subsequent cloth re-stretch. I don't have the skill set to address them on my own, or at least I'm intimidated about making it worse. I am curious if the improper stretch impacts the play of the table? Does the ball roll off, or track more (I don't really understand tracking, but I'm pretty sure its where the ball sort of wobbles back and forth as it slows down)?

If it is visual only, I can likely live with it.

BrownDawg

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I am curious if the improper stretch impacts the play of the table? Does the ball roll off, or track more (I don't really understand tracking, but I'm pretty sure its where the ball sort of wobbles back and forth as it slows down)?

If it is visual only, I can likely live with it.

I'd like to hear some opinions on this myself. If the problem is pulled too tight, I think that would bend the weave somewhat and cause the ball to have a slight bias towards the rail??? Sounds so incremental that you'd need measuring devices to detect it.

I can relate to tomsters dilema, worsted cloth is harder to work with. I'm programmed to stretch tight so it never works loose around the rail pockets and I really have to change gears. More attention to detail is all that's required. Here's a bar table in Simonis 760 I worked on today;

Attachments

• 0914171213.jpg
    0914171213.jpg
    195.7 KB · Views: 402
  • 0914171645.jpg
    0914171645.jpg
    189.1 KB · Views: 401

realkingcobra

Silver Member
When you can see the stretch shadows, they're always on the stretch to side, and if you slow roll a ball down the rails, you'll see it waver left and right if its rolling about an 1" from the rail the length of the table, you'll also more than likely see it roll away from the sid3 pocket slate shelf as it passes by the side pocket, then want to turn back towards the rail again after it's past the pocket, or no turn inward at all.

jtompilot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'd like to hear some opinions on this myself. If the problem is pulled too tight, I think that would bend the weave somewhat and cause the ball to have a slight bias towards the rail??? Sounds so incremental that you'd need measuring devices to detect it.

I can relate to tomsters dilema, worsted cloth is harder to work with. I'm programmed to stretch tight so it never works loose around the rail pockets and I really have to change gears. More attention to detail is all that's required. Here's a bar table in Simonis 760 I worked on today;

760 on a bar box. That must be super fast

playonepocket

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hack job at All Japan Championship

Apparently they don't know how to install bed cloth in Japan.

One of the worst I've seen on a TV table in a while...

TQNQqSk.jpg

VxKCdrd.png