Guess who is making Cues Again!!!!!!!!

MalibuMike

Banned
Tim PADGETT!!!!!!!
That's right he is at it again! He trained under both Burt Schrager and Ernie of Ginacue and was a Pool legend in the San Fernando valley, right up there with Mexican Ron Rosas! I can hardly wait to see his new work! Though I know I wont be able to afford it! Almost bought his "Bat" cue for $5,000, wish I had!

Attachments

• CCS-1641-01.jpg
    CCS-1641-01.jpg
    10.3 KB · Views: 1,706
  • CCS-2112-01.jpg
    CCS-2112-01.jpg
    9.3 KB · Views: 1,693

MalibuMike

Banned
Anybody seen any new Padgett Cues out yet?

One of the Best! For playing and looking!

Attachments

• Padgett_111095812.JPG
    Padgett_111095812.JPG
    166 KB · Views: 1,488
  • Padgett_211090019.jpg
    Padgett_211090019.jpg
    181.8 KB · Views: 1,489
  • Padgett_Ray1.JPG
    Padgett_Ray1.JPG
    93.2 KB · Views: 1,478
  • P1020932.jpg
    P1020932.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 1,522
  • P1020930.jpg
    P1020930.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 1,470

Ron Padilla

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Tim Padgett

I see that your from L. A. and started this thread over a year ago and bringing it up again a year later, I am curious to what makes you think that Tim is making cues again! I am from L. A. myself but moved out of the area 5 1/2 years ago and just got back playing again after a 30 year absence, and also know Tim as well as the person who taught Tim how to play pool, and also new Bert. I in fact from time to time would turn shafts for Tim when I lived right around the corner from him. I have very little knowledge as to why he stopped making cues, as I mentioned I stopped playing many years ago to concentrate on my education and career. So after all the above to which I am sure you could care less why are you trying to find out if Tim is back to making cues? If you know Tim why not reach out to him and post the question?

bobalouiecda

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Padgett

Did Tim move to North Idaho or Eastern Washington quite a few years ago. I met a cue builder who knew and worked with Schrader. Said he had Berts equipment? Could it be Tim?

Ron Padilla

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
No he is still in the L. A. area I spoke with him about 2 months ago, I cant recall the guy that was selling cues on Ebay calling them something like the Shraeger taper cue and claiming he had all of Berts equipment and in his bio on ebay was that he had worked for Bert up till Berts passing. But as far as Tim I don't think he is making cues again as I had asked him about a year ago if he was still making cues and he said no, past of the reason was his health as well as other reasons so I left it at that.

deanoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
i haven't seen one in years
but i liked his work before

he made some very pretty cues

Ron Padilla

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
There is a guy that does restoration work, guys here probably know who it is I have read that he does really nice work, but anyway I read one of his posts and he indicated that he had a Padgett that he restored and hit a few balls with it and that it was probably right up at the top with some of the best hitting cues he has had a chance to work on.

Tim did do some outstanding work and made cues that could hit like ton of bricks, I am sorry that I could not have him build one for me when he offered, then when I could afford it he was no longer making cues real bummer.

classiccues

Don't hashtag your broke friends
Silver Member
What I would suspect is Tim's biggest cue....

JV

Attachments

• IMG_1987.jpg
    IMG_1987.jpg
    203.6 KB · Views: 767
  • IMG_1985.jpg
    IMG_1985.jpg
    198.4 KB · Views: 759
  • DSC01483.jpg
    DSC01483.jpg
    173.7 KB · Views: 768
  • DSC01484.jpg
    DSC01484.jpg
    151.2 KB · Views: 775
  • DSC01485.jpg
    DSC01485.jpg
    157.5 KB · Views: 770

poolhustler

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Reading through some old posts here and some comments.

Tom O'Conner bought Bert's shop that was last up in Lake Isabella. Tom makes and sells cues on eBay last time I checked.

Tim Padgett lived and worked in San Gabriel Valley and now lives in Texas. He still works for Imperial.

I don't know if he has his shop set up there yet or not, but the plan was to start working on cues again.

Ron Padilla

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
having considered Tim a friend in the past and have defended him when comments started to bring up old business, but that aside I wonder if Toms cues hit as well as Tim's once did? I never had a chance to play with one of Tim's higher end cues just some of the sneaky petes that he made and they would play fantastic. Times have changed since Tim made cues and methods in which they are made have considerably changed, so it would be interesting to hear or see what Tim might come out with and be competitive with others and draw the same respect he once had?