K55 & K66 snooker bends.

Sledneck

Registered
I know this topic has been beat in the ground but I haven’t found the answer I am looking for.

I bought a Golden West 10’ Snooker table from the original owner. It was made in 1983.
The cushions haven’t been replaced. They still play okay but being 34 years old I guess I should since I am refelting. I talked to Golden West and they said my cushions are k66 with snooker bends. They didn’t blend the bends to well with the cushions unless the cushions have shrunk.

I don’t really want to do any belt sanding using K66 with K55 bends.
Could I use K55 instead? The nose height is between 1 1/4” & 1 5/16”
I use 2 1/16” balls and they seem to play ok. How much will the nose height change with K55?

Thank you

Last edited:

Sledneck

Registered
Also, I see there is a mesh applied to the top of the cushions. Would I need to put this same mesh across the seam? What kind of mesh is it, name?

realkingcobra

Silver Member
I know this topic has been beat in the ground but I haven’t found the answer I am looking for.

I bought a Golden West 10’ Snooker table from the original owner. It was made in 1983.
The cushions haven’t been replaced. They still play okay but being 34 years old I guess I should since I am refelting. I talked to Golden West and they said my cushions are k66 with snooker bends. They didn’t blend the bends to well with the cushions unless the cushions have shrunk.

I don’t really want to do any belt sanding using K66 with K55 bends.
Could I use K55 instead? The nose height is between 1 1/4” & 1 5/16”
I use 2 1/16” balls and they seem to play ok. How much will the nose height change with K55?

Thank you

1/8" lower nose height.

ROB.M

:)
Silver Member
Table

Stick with what cushion profile that was original to the table... as for the tape on the/over the cushions....American snooker don't know about the cushion tape<~ you'll be fine without it'

Rob.M