Gandy tables got wet, what now?

ahhbach

Registered
Tables at the room I play in got soaked...upstairs pipe broke and soaked 2 tables. What should I do. Really hope this doesn't kill the tables....

bradsh98

Bradshaw Billiard Service
Silver Member
Tables at the room I play in got soaked...upstairs pipe broke and soaked 2 tables. What should I do. Really hope this doesn't kill the tables....

Remove the rails and cloth, as well as the featherstrips in the rails. You need to get everything dried out. Unless there was a lot of standing water on the floor, I would guess that everything below the slate should be fine. Of course, it all depends.

ROB.M

:)
Silver Member
Table

When the rails get wet there is a good chance they will warp if you remove them right away, you'll want to leave the rails bolted to the slate and put at least a good size fan or two facing the table to ward off the saturation/good amount of air movement as well.. once the table is fairly dry/a day of drying with fans you can disassemble it and say your prayers,inspect and recover if table is not a loss....
On another note, call the insurance company

Best of luck

Rob.M

ahhbach

Registered
I was planning on helping the owner out, He knows almost nothing about tables...I suggested Insurance but feel he might just pocket the cash.