Carom cloth colors

nataddrho

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I am having a tough time finding Carom cloth in colors other green and blue. I'm looking for gray, tan, or a grayish blue similar to simonis powder blue. I've already contacted siminos and they will not offer custom colors.

Any ideas?

nkvilliecues

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I am having a tough time finding Carom cloth in colors other green and blue. I'm looking for gray, tan, or a grayish blue similar to simonis powder blue. I've already contacted siminos and they will not offer custom colors.

Any ideas?

Yeah.....give up and play on green or blue or play on shit

Texas Carom Club

9ball did to billiards what hiphop did to america
Silver Member
I really wonder how many could actually tell the difference in playing from one brand to the other
Simony gorina and Royal pro

Lols the fact that this new simonis rail cloth precishot is
100 PERCENT NYLON! not wool is fun

Pavlos is amused by this

The elitist mentality, dare I say, equipment snobs seem to have the mind set of
Buy Gabriel's/verhoeven, use Simonis and play 3c
Or don't play at all, and you guys want to grow your game??!!!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20171022-190420.jpg
    Screenshot_20171022-190420.jpg
    212.7 KB · Views: 152
Last edited:

tiger37373

3 Cushion Enthusiast
Silver Member
My personal experience with the three different cloths mentioned is that the Gorina was noticeably slower, you could also visually see the threads popping out, like it was just basically a much rougher cloth. I had this installed on my home table at one point and changed it out to simonis. The royal pro, I could discern no real difference between it and simonis. If no one told you, that it was royal pro, you'd be perfectly happy.

nataddrho

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Simonis will dye any cloth any color you want, but the minimum order is two or three bolts, and each bolt covers 9 tables. I'm sure they also charge an NRE fee, so I'd be looking at around $10k - $15k worth of cloth.

Its more cost effective to sell our furniture and refinish the room to match blue or green, lol.

I've heard a handful of people says Gorina plays great, but the majority says that it wears quickly with white lines and doesn't last as long as Siminos. Royal Pro is great too and more comparable to Siminos, but again, only green and blue.

Scratchy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
To each their own. I have installed several Simonis 300 Rapide on my table and grew very tired of the consistent fuzz/dust regardless of how clean I kept the cloth or how often I damp ragged it. I have gone back to Gorina, and I like it much better. I doubt it is any slower, actually seems a little faster to me. Also have tried Royal Pro, and to my tastes, Gorina is my first choice. My table is heated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Texas Carom Club

9ball did to billiards what hiphop did to america
Silver Member
Agree on to each thier own

It's all in the install I believe,
3 people can install all 3 cloths and you'll probably have 9 different feeling and playing tables

But I agree, the simonis I had on my first table had a bunch of fuzz that was easily felt on my palm and bugged me
Never had the opportunity to play on gorina
Went to rp, no heating and never looked back,
Rp I installed myself