9' table size

Lovepool

Registered
Hi

I want to ask please about 9' pool table size
as i know the playing area size is 100" (254 cm) * 50" (127 cm).
should be exactly this size ?

because when i measured my GCIV, the length is exactly 254 cm, but the width is like in the pic below:

p_6573wljq1.jpg

is that ok ? or there is wrong in installing the cushions ?

Thanks ..

Renegade_56

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You should just tell the width as the picture isn't working. That said, to play right, it should be a true 2:1 ratio and cushions should be perpendicular to each other.

mchnhed

I Came, I Shot, I Choked
Silver Member
.5cm is way less than 1/4” (.196”)
1cm is a bit more.....around 3/8”.

Could be adjusted by moving the rails.
Be sure to tighten the rail bolts correctly.
Be sure corners are square and yes the spacing in between the cushion points is the same everywhere.

Personally if the table is playing well leave it alone unless you want to go thru the work of loosening the rail bolts and measuring, squaring, measuring, squaring, measuring.

kid

billiard mechanic
Silver Member
Are the side rails well aligned?

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant AzBilliards Forums

bradsh98

Bradshaw Billiard Service
Silver Member
Hi

because when i measured my GCIV, the length is exactly 254 cm, but the width is like in the pic below:

p_6573wljq1.jpg

Thanks ..

.5 cm difference in width from the middle of the of the table to the end of the table should be fairly noticeable. If you stand a couple of feet away from the end rail, and sight down the length of the long rail, you will likely see that the long rails bow in toward the center of the table.

It is a relatively easy fix: you need to loosen the rail bolts along the long rail, grab the side pocket casting and pull the rails outward, away from the center of the table, then re-tighten the bolts. Often times, it helps to have a second person tell you when you have the rails aligned perfectly straight.

I would bet that once the rails are better aligned, the width will measure closer to 127 cm

Dan_B

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
.196, that's a lot, in a line of sight down the rails would show a big skew, or using a string.
Would be noticeable when racking 4Ball on the smaller, narrower table,
creating issues for some.
Get to know your table... when re-clothing time comes' a long.
That corner pocket probably plays a little bigger, enjoy it till you get around to the fix.

fastone371

Certifiable
Silver Member
.5cm is way less than 1/4” (.196”)
1cm is a bit more.....around 3/8”.

Could be adjusted by moving the rails.
Be sure to tighten the rail bolts correctly.
Be sure corners are square and yes the spacing in between the cushion points is the same everywhere.

Personally if the table is playing well leave it alone unless you want to go thru the work of loosening the rail bolts and measuring, squaring, measuring, squaring, measuring.

I have no idea how the table will play well set up like that. You will have a hard time making balls down the rail on at least 1 side of the table. If it was my table I would fix that regardless of how it played.

Ralph Kramden

BOOM!.. ZOOM!.. MOON!
Silver Member
Hi

Thanks ..

Lovepool- What's the dimension from feather strip to feather strip?
(where cloth touches wood on top of rail.. It should be 104" X 54")

Lovepool

Registered
Ok I'll tell the guy who install it to fix it, or maybe i'll try to do it myself.
but is there need to move the wood in all sides or just loosen the rails bolts and fix it ?

Ralph Kramden
of course it will not be 54" width because the measure from cushions nose is under 50"

Thank you all for the replies ..

Ralph Kramden

BOOM!.. ZOOM!.. MOON!
Silver Member
Ralph Kramden
of course it will not be 54" width because the measure from cushions nose is under 50"

Thank you all for the replies ..

If your table is a GC4 as you said.. the rails are bolted to the pocket castings.
The measurement from feather strip to feather strip should be 54".. With the
correct rail cushions, 2" is deducted from both rails and 54"- 4" =50 inches.

If cushions are wider than 2".. your cushion noses of course will be under 50"
The rubber won't be 2".. but for 50" your feather strips to nose need to be 2"

Last edited: