Tips for REVO shafts. I've tried Talisman Trinity

Bobkitty

I said: "Here kitty, kitty". Got this frown.
Gold Member
Silver Member
Does anyone have the secret tip for the REVO shaft? I thing I'll go back to the Victory tips that came on it, but would love to hear advice. I know Predator says to use soft tips as the shaft is pretty hard. The Talisman Trinity soft seems to get hard toward the last 1/3rd of the tip.

Kim Bye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The Trinity is a pretty hard soft tip to begin with.
Zan, G2 works nice, so does the Navigator blue impact.
But good old Moori Soft actually feels the best of the combinations I`ve tried.

washedup

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hello,

I liked the Cyborg Hybrid Medium. I like a crisp hit on any shaft I play with. When I bought my Revo it was used and had the Cyborg tip already on it. It was a nice firm hit to it.

Scott

gregnice37

Bar Banger, Cue Collector
Silver Member
I have 4 of them & haven't changed any from stock yet. I do have a few tips that i might try though eventually. I have a g2 soft & medium & a zan max grip. I have no reason to change at the moment though because the victory sorts have served me well.

or1pkt

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have put medium G2's on 3 of them for people so far and they love them. These are B+ to A- players so I trust their opinions

philly

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Does anyone have the secret tip for the REVO shaft? I thing I'll go back to the Victory tips that came on it, but would love to hear advice. I know Predator says to use soft tips as the shaft is pretty hard. The Talisman Trinity soft seems to get hard toward the last 1/3rd of the tip.

I have the secret but I can't tell you, otherwise it wouldn't be a secret. I'll give you a hint though. Even if you find the right tip, it won't work correctly until you have the right chalk on it. This was told to me by Predator. It cost me $500 to find out the secret. They are so good at marketing themselves.

poolhustler

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
On my old pre cat 314's I tried tons of different tips and couldn't find one that I LOVED. Got my Revo's and couldn't be happier with the stock Victory soft tips.

Bobkitty

Gold Member
Silver Member
On my old pre cat 314's I tried tons of different tips and couldn't find one that I LOVED. Got my Revo's and couldn't be happier with the stock Victory soft tips.

I think you are correct.

SFC9ball

JimBaker PBIA Instructor
Silver Member
I liked the Ultra skin Heavy Hitter on mine.

I like a firm hit and a lot of feed back in my hand and that tip shaft combo was a great combination for me.

Bobkitty

Gold Member
Silver Member
Zan Grip Hard is a great tip. I own one and love it. But it is really hard. Harder than any other playing tip I have tried except for Kamui Black Hard.

I don't understand how a hard tip plays. But I do know Predator recommends a soft tip for the shaft. Have to wonder....

Last edited:

Sealegs50

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don't understand how a hard tip plays. But I do know Predator recommends a soft time for the shaft. Have to wonder....

Typically, I don’t like pool-lore generalities. I think each player needs to decide their own preferences. Recognizing this is my own generalization, I prefer hard tips on stiff shafts. Perhaps when beta testing the shafts, Predator surveyed the testers for their preferred combinations. If you like what you were playing, why would you change?