Apple Green Simonis

DrCue'sProtege

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The folks at Simonis tell me they have a color called Apple Green. I didn't see it on their website, on their colors page.

Anybody here ever seen Apple Green Simonis?

r/DCP

Eric.

Club a member
Silver Member
DCP/OCD is at it again...

Eric

Attachments

• lucy.jpg
    lucy.jpg
    105.8 KB · Views: 1,285
Last edited:

fastone371

Certifiable
Silver Member
How long can it possibly take to decide on a color for the cloth on your pool table???? I thought this table would have been recovered about 6 months ago, not still in the thinking about the color of the cloth portion.
5 years ago it took me about 3 minutes to decide I was going to cover my GCI in conventional Simonis Green and when the cloth wore out which is about now I was going to try Tournament Blue.

ROB.M

:)
Silver Member
Simonis

Simonis Apple green is not available in the states from simonis North America... It’s being used across the ocean from us.
If you want Apple green I can get it in but it will take about a month to get here..
Simonis is simonis rather which blend you go with some colors pigment takes more to dye the cloth. Black cloth will have more dye pigmentation than lighter colors such as pink or Apple green etc...

The #1 selling color of pool table cloth in North America is burgundy<~ vomit....out of all the pool table owners around the world probably only 1% of those ppl visit AZB. 60% of the world population is Asia...5% makes up America and Canada combined.
the earth population is around 7.5 billion...

Rob.M

Attachments

• 6204787D-A806-4AAD-9292-A771BA8E7066.jpeg
    6204787D-A806-4AAD-9292-A771BA8E7066.jpeg
    13.6 KB · Views: 989
Last edited:

DrCue'sProtege

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Wait didn't you have a thread a few days ago where you said you had the green (I forget which shade) installed?

Edit: yes, here it is.
http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=465581

I never thought you were a troll before, when people called you out, but now, I'm not so sure. What gives?

I had the English Green installed this past Sunday. I'm not too thrilled with it, just too dark. I had English Green on the table about a year or so ago and what I had installed a few days ago is darker than what I recalled it being.

Having said all of this, I checked with Simonis on their website and they mentioned Apple Green. I didn't see that as one of my options so I thought I would ask.

smashmouth

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
how do they gauge "control" ?

its like they're suggesting lower control on the faster cloths = slips and slides and kicks, which is not a lack of control but rather.....crappy cloth

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I had the English Green installed this past Sunday. I'm not too thrilled with it, just too dark. I had English Green on the table about a year or so ago and what I had installed a few days ago is darker than what I recalled it being.

Having said all of this, I checked with Simonis on their website and they mentioned Apple Green. I didn't see that as one of my options so I thought I would ask.

Fair enough. I think you'd probably get used it though. Change it in a year, instead of spending another 500, or whatever it cost, installed it a week later.

For the record, I played on a room in the late 90's with all the GC's having camel cloth. The owner was a pro, and got it because he said you could see the balls better. Most of the players like it a lot. I know I did, but I'm color blind (for real). This was when every other room in the world was Green. I don't know if the tournament blue had come out yet.

xianmacx

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Fair enough. I think you'd probably get used it though. Change it in a year, instead of spending another 500, or whatever it cost, installed it a week later.

For the record, I played on a room in the late 90's with all the GC's having camel cloth. The owner was a pro, and got it because he said you could see the balls better. Most of the players like it a lot. I know I did, but I'm color blind (for real). This was when every other room in the world was Green. I don't know if the tournament blue had come out yet.

I agree on the camel. I had it on a previous Gold crown. Very easy on eyes and the contrast of balls was great.