Fargo rate correct predictions!!!

barrymuch90

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I know there are mixed views and I see both sides and personally believe Fargo can be very effective for specific uses. One of them is seeing how players are "trending". I distinctly remember a thread within the last year or two that had around 10/20 players mostly euro tour guys and it compared their match results over a period of time.

Well the point of all this was that Mike Page and Fargo highlighted Joshua Filler n Fransisco Sanchez Ruiz n said watch out for these two players because based on their results they were basically a lock to eventually break through the world stage and boy was he right. I wonder who he thinks will be the next to break out ?!?!?!?

denzilla171

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just for interest’s sake, I compared the results of matches for the last 4 rounds at the World Championships to the FargoRate predicted results. It’s actually pretty darn good, getting 10 out of the 14 played matches correct for a success rate of 71%. You could definitely make money with that kind of success rate. Interestingly, among the matches it got wrong were two for Roland Garcia (possibly rated too low due to low activity against top players) and one for Maung Maung, who was almost unknown prior to this event, and so also probably not accurately rated.

By and large I’d have to say FargoRate performed admiringly well, at least in this particular instance. YMMV

Albin Ouschan (792) vs Kun Lin Wu (794) 3-11

Hsieh Chia Chen (751) vs Thorsten Hohmann (776) 11-7

Carlo Biado (806) vs Jeffrey Ignacio (791) 11-7

Liu Haitao (797) vs Chung Ko Ping (793) 11-10

Ko Pin Yi (811) vs Roland Garcia (789) 8-11

Jalal al Sarisi (786) vs Dang Jinhu (784) 11-7

Maung Maung (775*) vs Joshua Filler (797) 11-6

Eklent Kaci (803) vs John Morra (789) 11-7

—-

Lin Wu Kun (794) vs Hsieh Chia Chen (751) 11-8

Carlo Biado (806) vs Liu Haitao (797) NA

Roland Garcia (789) vs Jalal al Sarisi (786) 11-4

Maung Maung (775*) vs Eklent Kaci (803) 7-11

—-

Lin Wu Kun (794) vs Carlo Biado (806) 6-11

Roland Garcia (789) vs Eklent Kaci (803) 11-6

—-

Carlo Biado (806) vs Roland Garcia (789) 13-5

Last edited:

SpinDoctor

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think that 10 out of 14 at this level of competition is incredibly good considering that just about any of the players rated at 750+ have a very real chance of putting together B&R packages of 7+ racks. That kind of variance makes it really hard to get much closer than a 70% successful prediction rate.

I personally really like the idea of Fargo ratings and believe that it's accuracy will become much greater as the pool of results gets updated with more tournaments.

My own personal Fargo rating is way out of whack however :)