Phillippino Cue Makers

nksmfamjp

Refugee...
Silver Member
Can anyone describe or attempt to report on the playabilility, hit and overall quality of Phillippine made cues? I am specifically interested in cues made by Dindo Perez, Edwin Reyes and other cues made by people who used to work for Edwin.. .

Reactions: DEA

ridewiththewind

♥ Hippie Hustler ♥
Silver Member
Can anyone describe or attempt to report on the playabilility, hit and overall quality of Phillippine made cues? I am specifically interested in cues made by Dindo Perez, Edwin Reyes and other cues made by people who used to work for Edwin.. .

People who own Edwin's cues were not parting with them before his tragic passing, and I am guessing will keep them very close from here on out.

Jackson Tan, of Viatorre Cues made some really nice cues, but he has since retired. I am not sure of the others, as the quality can be hit or miss. I will say that Edwin was moving into and sharing a shop with Linds at the time of his passing...which means that Linds shared in ER's philosophy with regards to cue building. If you are truly interested in a quality made Filipino cue, I would likely contact Linds first.

Lisa

linds

proudly Philippine made!
Silver Member
ER's philosophy in the craft was fantastic (scientific and systematic) a fast learner and always open to new concepts-innovations that is much advance for us here in the thirdworld.

he has develop machines/gadgets by his own (6axis CNC capable of taper duplication,cutting inlays-cavity,threading etc,time machine for shafts, automated UV spray and other stuffs) I at one end is more of a conservative type (structural,age-woodgrade procesing etc)... learned the craft from jessy bundalian the old fashioned way. we teamed-up together to pursue the craft to greater heights and help the pool community/industry but was abrupt due to a corrupt minded individual.:angry:

Last edited:

blackpearlmaker

Caliper User......
Silver Member
ER's philosophy in the craft was fantastic (scientific and systematic) a fast learner and always open to new concepts-innovations that is much advance for us here in the thirdworld.

he has develop machines/gadgets by his own (6axis CNC capable of taper duplication,cutting inlays-cavity,threading etc,time machine for shafts, automated UV spray and other stuffs) I at one end is more of a conservative type (structural,age-woodgrade procesing etc)... learned the craft from jessy bundalian the old fashioned way. we teamed-up together to pursue the craft to greater heights and help the pool community/industry but was abrupt due to a corrupt minded individual.:angry:

But whatever happens, dont show any weakness. its just a hindrance that need to overcome, its a part our daily life. In everythings happen, Life must Go on....Lets keep up the good works specially in Cuemaking...

maklanav

Registered
Dindo Perez works for Patrick Navarro now...and Buddy from VIATTORRE'S, Roger from LIND'S .........under one roof!!!
Main reason you read all these stuff about Patrick Navarro Cues.......
He's put a lot of "so-called" cuemakers out of business....
All cues made by Patrick Navarro are just the same as Edwin Reyes, Viattorre's and Lind's...........
Why is it there are negative stuff about PN cues?

Jealousy!

All the best in one roof.....?

ER,Viattorre's,Linds? = PATRICK NAVARRO CUES..............

cyberrot

Curly Maple Nut
Silver Member
All cues made by Patrick Navarro are just the same as Edwin Reyes,
Please prove it.
Or else, please do not put yourself in the same class as a master cue maker.
Employing workers who used to work under the cuemakers which you have named does not mean that you make cues same as the cuemakers.

Last edited:

the_general

I love Ivory.
Silver Member
All cues made by Patrick Navarro are just the same as Edwin Reyes, Viattorre's and Lind's...........

^ above statement is intriguing... hmmm...

in the end of day, quality of cues will speak more for itself than pages and pages of self-praise or negative comments. there is nothing more true than truth unfolding itself as the days go by. :)

Last edited:

linds

proudly Philippine made!
Silver Member
Dindo Perez works for Patrick Navarro now...and Buddy from VIATTORRE'S, Roger from LIND'S .........under one roof!!!
Main reason you read all these stuff about Patrick Navarro Cues.......
Why is it there are negative stuff about PN cues?

Jealousy!

All the best in one roof.....?

ER,Viattorre's,Linds? = PATRICK NAVARRO CUES..............

you may have all the "assistants" that worked with us... have teached them practicaly every process in cuemaking. but without proper equipment and dedication...goodluck:thumbup: stop posting here like a crab...

maklanav

Registered
Don't worry Linds, mate....I'm not like you...we're of a different class! Last time I checked, this site is for everybody. It's a free site for everyone and anyone, in case you haven't noticed.

I know you taught (teached? Haven't heard that 1 before, lol) them well that's why I HIRED them in the first place. In fact, I have you and my predecessors (OH BY THE WAY, if that word is too big for you, google it mate) to thank for.

Mag-Tagalog na lang tayo...Parang hirap ka e! Bantayan mo lahat ng takong ilalabas namin...para naman may pagkaabalahan ka. At ng may maipagmalaki ka bilang isang tunay na Pinoy*

*Mate, I believe it will be better if we use the vernacular because I noticed that you're groping for words and for their correct spelling and usage. Watch out for my future cues so you'll have something better to spend your free time with. Also, I bet my cues will make you truly proud to be BROWN.

Spread the love! Cheers!!!

I forgot to thank you for contributing to my recent influx of orders.

Roy Steffensen

locksmith
Silver Member
Don't worry Linds, mate....I'm not like you...we're of a different class! Last time I checked, this site is for everybody. It's a free site for everyone and anyone, in case you haven't noticed.

I know you taught (teached? Haven't heard that 1 before, lol) them well that's why I HIRED them in the first place. In fact, I have you and my predecessors (OH BY THE WAY, if that word is too big for you, google it mate) to thank for.

Mag-Tagalog na lang tayo...Parang hirap ka e! Bantayan mo lahat ng takong ilalabas namin...para naman may pagkaabalahan ka. At ng may maipagmalaki ka bilang isang tunay na Pinoy*

*Mate, I believe it will be better if we use the vernacular because I noticed that you're groping for words and for their correct spelling and usage. Watch out for my future cues so you'll have something better to spend your free time with. Also, I bet my cues will make you truly proud to be BROWN.

Oooops....

I wonder why you are full of red rep?

poolplayer2093

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
if you can find someone that'll sell you an edwin i think you should jump on it. i''d prefer (if it was me looking to buy) an edwin reyes as opposed to a doc holiday

linds

proudly Philippine made!
Silver Member

you may have beter command in english than I, (a tool that you can take advantage off onto innocent cue buyers) but my message remains...

stop using our names in pedling your stuff on the net!
how dare you compare your craft onto us specificaly to ER? you just merely hired the assistants (doesnt make your cues "as good" without proper equipments, dedication, etc that goes with ERs rep)
show respect then will be shown onto you...:angry:

Last edited:

hotcues

Biggest Edwin Reyes Fan
Silver Member
if you can find someone that'll sell you an Edwin i think you should jump on it. i''d prefer (if it was me looking to buy) an Edwin Reyes as opposed to a doc holiday

Why? Same cue! Same maker! I own two of each and Can't tell them apart.
A lot of cue makers use different name or made cues with a company. I
think the Doc Holiday cues are rarer than Edwin Reyes cues. The Doc cues
were only made for about 4yrs.

the_general

I love Ivory.
Silver Member
you may have beter command in english than I, (a tool that you can take advantage off onto innocent cue buyers) but my message remains...

stop using our names in pedling your stuff on the net!
how dare you compare your craft onto us specificaly to ER? you just merely hired the assistants (doesnt make your cues "as good" without proper equipments, dedication, etc that goes with ERs rep)
show respect then will be shown onto you...:angry:

keep your cool my friend Linds... what one reaps is what one will sow. it's a natural law one can not escape. :cool: