If you don't understand CTE...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Renegade_56

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Okay, let's see if this is correct. On the slight cut in the video, Spider is setting up with his cue on the left edge of the CB and he's aiming to send the center of the CB to the edge of the OB. Then he pivots over to place the cue in the center of the CB and fires. THAT should pocket the ball and that is the 15 degree perception.

I doubt it. The last videos I watched of Spidey, though very good, refered to CTE, which is somewhat different from the Pro One system Stan teaches. What he is showing is a manual pivot I'm sure, but without seeing the exact shot I couldn't honestly say. In Stans method, you would use say a 15 degree perception from one side, then a sweep from the opposite, that puts you on a straight in alignment to the pocket. It's explained in the DVD and it's money well spent. It's also the only way you will understand it.

Last edited:

Bobkitty

I said: "Here kitty, kitty". Got this frown.
Gold Member
Silver Member
I doubt it. The last videos I watched of Spidey, though very good, refered to CTE, which is somewhat different from the Pro One system Stan teaches. What he is showing is a manual pivot I'm sure, but without seeing the exact shot I couldn't honestly say. In Stans method, you would use say a 15 degree perception from one side, then a sweep from the opposite, that puts you on a straight in alignment to the pocket. It's explained in the DVD and it's money well spent. It's also the only way you will understand it.

That's good to know and I ordered it today from Stan's website. The man deserves that much from me. He has treated me kindly so far and we both have work from a great table technician in common (me in the near future). If I can learn it, anyone can and I'll post my progress.

Last edited:

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
Just like anything else in life, not all products are created equal.

Some work, or are understandable, or at least feel intuitive for the majority of practitioners.

Others do not work, are not understandable, or do not feel intuitive for the majority of practitioners. Doesn't matter whether it's a pool aiming system, a golf swing system, or perhaps a hitting system for baseball. Some make sense, some don't. It's that easy.

What doesn't make sense is a hitting system for baseball or a golf swing system. Can you please explain how these hitting/swinging "SYSTEMS" work and where they can be purchased? I've never seen one except for video analysis and certain fundamentals that need to be ingrained. Nothing new or different from the same old, same old is "INTUITIVE" It requires a new learning curve with effort.

So basically what I'm saying is that you cannot proffer a blanket pass to all just because someone is trying to offer something to the community. Some deserve accolades for their contributions to the community like Bob Jewett, Dr. Dave, the late Robert Byrne, and in this specific case, Brian Crist. There are others, no doubt, but IMO you can't give a free pass to everyone.

Lou Figueroa

How can it even be suggested that Stan Shuffett is getting a free pass for CTE?

Stan is one of the best overall instructors in the world for all facets of the game and has been for many years. CTE is only a part of it and he's worked diligently with it to the point of cutting into his own personal life and family.

You started hammering Hal 20 years ago about the aiming and have never stopped especially now with Stan. You definitely don't deserve a free pass to continue it now or in the future. It really needs to stop.

Is Stan getting a free pass when a pro player states that it has helped his game and career? He's not the only pro player who has benefitted along with a large number of semi-pros, money players, and recreational types.

Members on this forum can make their own minds up on who to trust. This should be one of them. A pro player with nothing to gain in endorsement money.
Thanks for the great video, John and Brandon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kbKmpmsT3bw&feature=youtu.be

Last edited:

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
Let me please explain. My first post was here:

http://forums.azbilliards.com/showpost.php?p=5877892&postcount=111

I asked a completely on-topic relevant question. Stan replied and we had what I believe to be perfectly cordial back and forth. In post #140, Stan asked me what makes it a mystery. That is what I meant when I said, "I don't understand." It had nothing to do with not understanding CTE. I didn't understand why Stan was asking me about the mystery when I thought it was very clear that the term HE came up with, "the mystery," had to do with visual perceptions and cut angles.

I hope you will take a few minutes to reread from post #111 to see who is posting on topic and who isn't. I have ignored a barrage of insults and mischaracterizations because I was genuinely interested in what Stan had to say about the mystery shots he showed on his video. We took the conversation as far as it could go and that was the end of it, and I said I learned what I could and was done with it in post #149. If you could find anything more on topic than what Stan and I were discussing I'd like to see it.

http://forums.azbilliards.com/showpost.php?p=5878663&postcount=149

Would you be so kind to break down and explain each and every one of over 1,000 posts about CTE, Stan, and Hal since your JOIN DATE of 10-23-05.

We can then analyze how they were on topic to slowly morph into an attack or negative situation with twisting and spinning to degrade the system in one form or another.

I've asked, pleaded with you to set up various shots on video you claim to be impossible as stated and verbalize each and every facet your eyes are seeing and how you get into the shot so we can determine where the glitch might be.

You refuse to do it. Until you do that, this game of innocence and quest for more knowledge is getting old. You didn't buy either video, BUY THE BOOK.

Until then, one last suggestion. Pick a shot: make a video; explain everything you're seeing and how you're linking it with your eyes and body as you settle in; take the shot showing if it went in or especially where it missed. ASK FOR SUGGESTIONS THEN.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.