CTE I finally I have seen the light

One Pocket John

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I finally have seen the light. Screwed up the title. Sorry.

Been following Stans CTE since I purchased DVD2 and have watched Stans supporting videos and DVD many times.

The attached link has really helped. Played a 3 hour match today using CTE and did very well.
After a few months of practice I am confident that this will all become automatic with very little thought.

Enjoy and I hope this link clears up some issues some may be having with CTE. Try Bob's method of CTE play. It worked for me. :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mTLT8QOTloE
(watch his head movement)

Watch all of Bob's videos.........good info.

Have fun and have a good day.

John

Last edited:

CueAndMe

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Cool. That's great that he used a camera over his eyes. I still haven't given CTE Pro One a try, but I have a question about the first two shots in his video. The first shot is obviously steeper than 30 degrees (outside of half-ball), but he says it's a 30 degree reference. Am I right in assuming that he isn't suggesting that it's a 30 degree shot but only using a 30 degree reference and then pivoting from there to make it a steeper hit?

Also, the second shot is shallower than 15 degrees, and he says it's a 15 degree reference. So same question.

Thanks!

One Pocket John

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Cool. That's great that he used a camera over his eyes. I still haven't given CTE Pro One a try, but I have a question about the first two shots in his video. The first shot is obviously steeper than 30 degrees (outside of half-ball), but he says it's a 30 degree reference. Am I right in assuming that he isn't suggesting that it's a 30 degree shot but only using a 30 degree reference and then pivoting from there to make it a steeper hit?

Also, the second shot is shallower than 15 degrees, and he says it's a 15 degree reference. So same question.

Thanks!

The video really said a lot. Here is what I got out of it.

On the OB there are basic points A, B,C and thin. But each OB point can either be thick or thin. The thick or thin is determined by the actual contact point on the OB as shown with a ghost ball positioned to pocket the OB.

The thick or thin of the shot will determine which sweep to use be it a right or left sweep or straight down.

I know quite a few aiming systems and use them. CTE had me stumped and it bothered me that I couldn't get it to work. Bob has opened a door and I thank him.

I'm also intrigued with BC21's system and will be getting into it in a couple of months.

You can never have too many tools in your tool box. :)

Have fun

John

Last edited:

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
john
i am happy for you that "you got it"...:smile:
you have been helpfull to me
i think you wll like bc21 stuff
larry

BeiberLvr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Stan has said in the past that it wouldn't be useful to do a POV video, and I've never understood why.

I can easily see the visuals through Bob's headcam, and although very subtle, can also detect the left and right movements.

stan shuffett

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Stan has said in the past that it wouldn't be useful to do a POV video, and I've never understood why.

I can easily see the visuals through Bob's headcam, and although very subtle, can also detect the left and right movements.

A POV perspective is not useful as far systrm objectivity is concerned. There is way too much going on with vision for a camera to capture it. Impossible!!

Stan Shuffett

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
A POV perspective is not useful as far systrm objectivity is concerned. There is way too much going on with vision for a camera to capture it. Impossible!!

Stan Shuffett
stan
dont forget i want a copy of your book...:smile:
larry