New Custom Build By Ned Morris

batalarms

Ebony Hoppe Fanatic
The inlays are in and we are getting close now.I have small hands and Ned has made the handle thinner than 'standard' for me.Apply the finish and wrap,build a couple of shafts and I will have my new one of a kind player.Ned is great to work with,and his cues are great players.Can't wait to play with this one :)
Marc

ned morris custom build8.jpg

ned morris custom build9.jpg

ned morris custom build10.jpg

ned morris custom build11.jpg

Last edited:

Badbeat13

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That's lookin' really good. I bet it'll play like a champ.
Hope you get it ASAP. Congrats

batalarms

Ebony Hoppe Fanatic
That's lookin' really good. I bet it'll play like a champ.
Hope you get it ASAP. Congrats

Thanks Jerry.Should be done very soon now.Have a great day.
Marc

Here is a pic that Ned sent to me of the sunset taken from his house,thought it would be nice to share.Taken Friday 1/23/15 This is truely 'fire in the sky' Enjoy.

Ned Morris Sunset.jpg

Last edited:

batalarms

Ebony Hoppe Fanatic
I agree..

Say NO to stained maple!!!

Hi Dale.How are you? and happy new year.Funny that you mentioned the stain.Ned asked me yesterday about staining the forearm and I said,"No" That was my plan from the beginning.I want to show off the curly maple and I think that the veneers will really pop against a light forearm.I am sure you know that your Murrell Hoppe was my inspiration for the veneers on this cue.You have good taste and I borrowed some of it :) The butt is almost finished.It just needs to be sprayed and wrapped and Ned is building the shafts as we speak.I will post more pics in the next day or two.Have a great night.
Marc

snowmon34

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hi Dale.How are you? and happy new year.Funny that you mentioned the stain.Ned asked me yesterday about staining the forearm and I said,"No" That was my plan from the beginning.I want to show off the curly maple and I think that the veneers will really pop against a light forearm.I am sure you know that your Murrell Hoppe was my inspiration for the veneers on this cue.You have good taste and I borrowed some of it :) The butt is almost finished.It just needs to be sprayed and wrapped and Ned is building the shafts as we speak.I will post more pics in the next day or two.Have a great night.
Marc

Hi Marc,

I'm good Thank you, and Happy New Year to you!

That's cool my cue inspired you on this build, but I can't take credit for the veneers..

Kenny had the Handle and forearm pre-built, and when he showed me Pictures of it I jumped on it..

I had a wrapless 8 point Morris a few years ago.. That cue played really good..I like your cue A LOT.....

Congrats on your new build!

Dale

batalarms

Ebony Hoppe Fanatic
Ned just got some gorgeous new shaft wood,and he is a master shaft builder.Check him out.There aren't any sugar marks on the wood :)

ned morris custom build15.jpg

Last edited:

JimmyRayK

Gina collector
Silver Member
Thanks for the update pics throughout the entire process. I really enjoy these type of threads. Your cue's looking great.

Best,
JimmyK

batalarms

Ebony Hoppe Fanatic
Thanks for the update pics throughout the entire process. I really enjoy these type of threads. Your cue's looking great.

Best,
JimmyK

Thanks for the nice comments Sir.If you look back at the first set of pics,it all started with a single piece of 'curly maple' for the fore arm.Now it has 'grown' into a whole cue.I enjoy the build process too.I think at the end,I will post two pics together.The first fore arm pic,and the finished cue.It is a very cool and interesting process.I live near Dennis Searing and when I go to his shop,I 'hang out' for hours and I ask a lot of questions.I believe that Dennis is the G.Balabushka of this century.He ( Dennis ) is a 'precision freak' in a good way and he works with such minute detail that you need a jewelers loupe to see all the tiny designs.Inlays within inlays,etc.Any way Jimmy,have a great day and thanks again for the positive comments.
Best regards,Marc

batalarms

Ebony Hoppe Fanatic
oou dats nice:thumbup:

Man it looks great. Cant wait until u hit with it

Thanks for the nice comments guys.I spoke with Ned yesterday and he is building the shafts and custom joint protectors,as we speak.I chose full shafts ( 13 mm ) they can always be taken down if needed.I asked Ned for a 14 inch pro taper because I want the shafts to stay tapered longer than average.Also Ned says the shafts will have more 'action' that way.They will be tipped with Kamui black medium clears.My current faves.More pics of the finished cue VERY soon.Here is how it all started....... my forearm is the second one from the top :) Here it is with only 2 sprays of finish and un-wrapped.
Marc

Ned Morris Custom forearm.jpg

ned morris custom build12.jpg

Last edited:

batalarms

Ebony Hoppe Fanatic
Ned just sent me these pics.It's all done and I will have it tomorrow.I will write a brief review on the play in a day or two.When Ned builds a Hoppe style butt,he also gives you a bumper and screw in case you want to put a bumper on it.I guess you can tell from my Avatar and this cue,that I like Hoppe style and bumperless cues :) Enjoy the pics.
Marc

ned morris custom build18.jpg

ned morris custom build17.jpg

ned morris custom build16.jpg

Last edited:

Badbeat13

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That cue looks awesome and from what I've heard,
I know it'll play awesome, too. Thanks for all of the
progress reports and photos and congrats on the
very nice NM cue.

batalarms

Ebony Hoppe Fanatic
That cue looks awesome and from what I've heard,
I know it'll play awesome, too. Thanks for all of the
progress reports and photos and congrats on the
very nice NM cue.

Thanks Jerry.I will post again after I play with it.Have a great night.
Marc

pookster

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ned just sent me these pics.It's all done and I will have it tomorrow.I will write a brief review on the play in a day or two.When Ned builds a Hoppe style butt,he also gives you a bumper and screw in case you want to put a bumper on it.I guess you can tell from my Avatar and this cue,that I like Hoppe style and bumperless cues :) Enjoy the pics.
Marc

View attachment 376602

View attachment 376603

View attachment 376604

My kinda cue...Very nice and it look like a player for sure!