What is your PSR?

BC21

https://www.playpoolbetter.com
Gold Member
Silver Member
There's nothing rude. Just pool room logic.

It's just your way. It seemed friendly and professional until you chimed in. It's no wonder why conversations quickly get heated here. I was not making a statement ......I was polite in asking a question.

stan shuffett

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Isn't there a certain amount of experienced estimation needed in contact point aiming, ghostball, parallel pivot, etc.., even in CTE when determining if a shot needs inside or outside/thinned or thickened? I know there is. It's no different for a an intuitive player. If you think the shot looks like it should be a cut a little thinner, whether or not you're using instinct, pro1, pivots, or ghostball, and you can still end up missing by over-cutting.

Even with feel, the brain is programmed to recognize the shots, but naturally the brain isn't always running at optimal conditions. But this applies to every system that relies on knowledge gained through experience.

Determining CB-OB thick and thin is a 100% system certainty. There is no estimation during that very simple aspect of CTE.

Stan Shuffett

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
Isn't there a certain amount of experienced estimation needed in contact point aiming, ghostball, parallel pivot, etc.., even in CTE when determining if a shot needs inside or outside/thinned or thickened? I know there is. It's no different for a an intuitive player. If you think the shot looks like it should be a cut a little thinner, whether or not you're using instinct, pro1, pivots, or ghostball, and you can still end up missing by over-cutting.

Even with feel, the brain is programmed to recognize the shots, but naturally the brain isn't always running at optimal conditions. But this applies to every system that relies on knowledge gained through experience.

Then why didn't you articulate and sell a FEEL BASED WAY of pocketing balls instead of a FRACTIONAL Aiming system with diagrams?

Wouldn't it have been a lot better for the masses? You still have the chance.

Put YOUR feel based method into words for everyone to see. Obviously it's far better than the one you're selling because IT is the one you choose to use when playing.

C'mon. You're a professional writer and publisher. Do it! Don't turn lame on all of us now like you can't even put words together to string out some sentences and paragraphs.

Amazingly, in a similar way to you, Lou was a professional writer and spokesperson to the media when he was in the Air Force. He was paid and entrusted to write speeches that he delivered, anticipate questions and preplan answers to be delivered in an articulate fashion, or extemporize verbally on the spot for unanticipated remarks.

Dan White I think is/was a chemical engineer who is articulate in his writing on this forum and I'm sure in his profession.

But ALL of you turn into 65 IQ mental zombies when it comes time to articulate exactly what you see and do with your wondrous FEEL BASED NON AIMING METHOD.

But can do everything verbally necessary to rip CTE to shreds. How is that?

Btw for someone who claims not to be a recruit for the bashing, naysaying side, you're right back in here doing exactly what you claim not to do. And YOU even have an AIMING SYSTEM TO SELL that supposed to be sooooo beneficial.

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
It's just your way. It seemed friendly and professional until you chimed in. It's no wonder why conversations quickly get heated here. I was not making a statement ......I was polite in asking a question.

Now you're the second person who posts in here that's INNOCENT all the time.

Innocent Brian.

You, Lou, Dan, denwhit ALL need to stay miles away from any and all of the threads having the letters CTE in them or any of you bringing it up.

THAT'S WHY CONVERSATIONS QUICKLY GET HEATED HERE! IT'S BEEN HISTORICALLY DOCUMENTED FOR 20 YEARS IN MULTIPLE INTERNET FORUMS.

BC21

Gold Member
Silver Member
Determining CB-OB thick and thin is a 100% system certainty. There is no estimation during that very simple aspect of CTE.

Stan Shuffett

I'm not bashing, regardless of Dave's opinion. I specifically remember watching one your YouTube videos where after you get your visuals, you say something like you can tell the shot is going to be thick, or thin, so that's how you know whether or not to use an inside or outside pivot or sweep.

How do you know? Your years of experience shooting pool is how you know. If I were an average bar banger that doesn't have good judgement/experience on cut shots, how would I know if the shot looks too thick or too thin after I get my visuals and fixed CB? I wouldn't. That's all I was saying.

BC21

Gold Member
Silver Member
Now you're the second person who posts in here that's INNOCENT all the time.

Innocent Brian.

You, Lou, Dan, denwhit ALL need to stay miles away from any and all of the threads having the letters CTE in them or any of you bringing it up.

THAT'S WHY CONVERSATIONS QUICKLY GET HEATED HERE! IT'S BEEN HISTORICALLY DOCUMENTED FOR 20 YEARS IN MULTIPLE INTERNET FORUMS.

I'm not living in the past. A civil conversation with questions and answers isn't all that complicated. Let go of hate and try a little diplomacy.

stan shuffett

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm not bashing, regardless of Dave's opinion. I specifically remember watching one your YouTube videos where after you get your visuals, you say something like you can tell the shot is going to be thick, or thin, so that's how you know whether or not to use an inside or outside pivot or sweep.

How do you know? Your years of experience shooting pool is how you know. If I were an average bar banger that doesn't have good judgement/experience on cut shots, how would I know if the shot looks too thick or too thin after I get my visuals and fixed CB? I wouldn't. That's all I was saying.

Every Cb OB relation for its given visual is always thick or thin to the desired right angle. Determining thick or thin is as simple as reading the sight line which is a center cue ball line directly to the OB.......You look down that line and the answer is obvious.

Stan Shuffett

Last edited:

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
I'm not living in the past. A civil conversation with questions and answers isn't all that complicated. Let go of hate and try a little diplomacy.

Take your own advice, recruit.

20 years in the past is CURRENTLY THE PRESENT with the same individual behind it fueling the fires.

Here, answer this post of mine:

Then why didn't you articulate and sell a FEEL BASED WAY of pocketing balls instead of a FRACTIONAL Aiming system with diagrams?

Wouldn't it have been a lot better for the masses? You still have the chance.

Put YOUR feel based method into words for everyone to see. Obviously it's far better than the one you're selling because IT is the one you choose to use when playing.

C'mon. You're a professional writer and publisher. Do it! Don't turn lame on all of us now like you can't even put words together to string out some sentences and paragraphs.

Amazingly, in a similar way to you, Lou was a professional writer and spokesperson to the media when he was in the Air Force. He was paid and entrusted to write speeches that he delivered, anticipate questions and preplan answers to be delivered in an articulate fashion, or extemporize verbally on the spot for unanticipated remarks.

Dan White I think is/was a chemical engineer who is articulate in his writing on this forum and I'm sure in his profession.

But ALL of you turn into 65 IQ mental zombies when it comes time to articulate exactly what you see and do with your wondrous FEEL BASED NON AIMING METHOD.

But can do everything verbally necessary to rip CTE to shreds. How is that?

Btw for someone who claims not to be a recruit for the bashing, naysaying side, you're right back in here doing exactly what you claim not to do. And YOU even have an AIMING SYSTEM TO SELL that supposed to be sooooo beneficial.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited:

BC21

Gold Member
Silver Member
Take your own advice, recruit.

Here, answer this post of mine:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I did. My book specifically states that the goal of the system is to help a player develop a feel for pocketing balls. No secret there.

Anyway, I've decided you are way too over the top with your blatantly aggressive comments. I'm only going to reply to civil comments from here on out.

BC21

Gold Member
Silver Member
Every Cb OB relation for its given visual is always thick or thin to the desired right angle. Determining thick or thin is as simple as reading the sight line which is a center cue ball line directly to the OB.......You look down that line and the answer is obvious.

Stan Shuffett

Ok. I found the clip. In it you say you can tell the ob is going to a little short of the pocket, so you need to thicken it up. It seems like this knowledge is personal knowledge based on your own experience. But I think I understand what you mean.....any already decent player would be able to recognize this thick or thin line.

https://youtu.be/4iuvQT7dwfs?t=3m

Last edited:

stan shuffett

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ok. I found the clip. In it you say you can tell the ob is going to a little short of the pocket, so you need to thicken it up. It seems like this knowledge is personal knowledge based on your own experience. But I think I understand what you mean.....any already decent player would be able to recognize this thick or thin line.

https://youtu.be/4iuvQT7dwfs

That's not personal knowledge at all but rather natural knowledge that occurs as a result of seeing Cb OB relationships. They're always either thick or thin to the desired pocket.
What makes CTE a little odd at first is that reading the line occurs from a visual offset. Most everyone wants to do this logically with their nose behind the center of the cue ball, the most amateurish way possible of trying to see Cb OB relations. Pros don't do it....but yet almost every instructor teaches that to their students and it is the WRONG way to do it. It's all guess work with the nose behind center while standing.

Stan Shuffett

BC21

Gold Member
Silver Member
That's not personal knowledge at all but rather natural knowledge that occurs as a result of seeing Cb OB relationships. They're always either thick or thin to the desired pocket.
What makes CTE a little odd at first is that reading the line occurs from a visual offset. Most everyone wants to do this logically with their nose behind the center of the cue ball, the most amateurish way possible of trying to see Cb OB relations. Pros don't do it....but yet almost every instructor teaches that to their students and it is the WRONG way to do it. It's all guess work with the nose behind center while standing.

Stan Shuffett

I think you're right about that being odd at first. Change is difficult. I'm not sure I understand it, but thanks for the reply.

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
I did. My book specifically states that the goal of the system is to help a player develop a feel for pocketing balls. No secret there.

I don't have your book nor need it. I asked you or them to articulate the "FEEL BASED" method you all supposedly use other than "see the pocket; see the OB; see the CB; and shoot" What a bunch of NOTHING!

Anyway, I've decided you are way too over the top with your blatantly aggressive comments. I'm only going to reply to civil comments from here on out.

I'd prefer you don't reply to ANY of my comments. NONE! And especially anything that has the letters CTE mentioned in it. You can start right here and now. Don't respond to this post.

I asked Howerton in the rules area if he would PROHIBIT you, Lou, Dan White, denwhit, and Pat Johnson if he comes back out of a long term ban from going into any thread the discusses CTE as well as the five of you bringing it up in your posts even so much as ONCE.

YOU and the OTHERS are the reason for these constant and ongoing battles in various threads when CTE or Stan becomes the focus.

It's the only way it's going to stop for good. Do I envision him doing it? The new current rule he wrote is obviously not working.

It's up to him. THEN we can ALL play nice.

Last edited:

stan shuffett

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think you're right about that being odd at first. Change is difficult. I'm not sure I understand it, but thanks for the reply.

Change is good, especially if it is continual over time. A little oddness is at first is no big deal for the trade-off. The Japanese word for the concept is Kaizen. CTE fosters continual change ( non stop improvement ). That's a major beauty of CTE in that the wheels of how to really ALIGN WITH INTENSE FOCUS stop spinning.

Stan Shuffett

paultex

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Change is good, especially if it is continual over time. A little oddness is at first is no big deal for the trade-off. The Japanese word for the concept is Kaizen. CTE fosters continual change ( non stop improvement ). That's a major beauty of CTE in that the wheels of how to really ALIGN WITH INTENSE FOCUS stop spinning.

Stan Shuffett

Let me ask you a question, is CTE yours? I assume so but my question is legit, even if it sounds stupid. Im not trying to trap or bash and i will make my point if you choose to answer.

I will also get back to you on my previous post but I dont appreciate the snide "mysterious" assertions as if im going to accept being belittled, when in fact, i wasnt trying to mess with you. I'm trying to come to a dam understanding here for my own benefit and maybe others will benefit too.

However, and i warn you, that this may open another door of argument based on what is actually responsible for successful outcomes, because its a question of delivery, rather than visual system.

If you dont agree that the 2 go hand in hand, then just forget the whole thing, fair enough? That statement is obviously baited on the surface but not in essence to what you say is a mystery for me. It has nothing to do with CTE if you can get past that and trust me.

.....but it also has something to do with CTE in the sense of your personal point of view and if you feel it must be defended to that extent and thats where i can tell you right now, I wont take you seriously on that aspect.

So i guess, now thinking about it, heres a better question and if so, then you can just answer this: Is CTE, if its yours and i see no reason why it shouldnt be, is not just a visual system, but a mechanical one as well?

For instance, to my knowledge, Brian Crist is not saying one has to stand or physically align a certain way.

Thank you.

And for the record, a accomplished player told me that you can try to understand as much as possible, but when it comes time to compete, then its mostly feel.....and as of now, i am forced to agree based on a few things but i wouldnt bet my life on it, but his point is certainly in the lead.

If, you answer, then ill try to address this business or concern of mine of certain shot relationships on particular sides of the table pull one in thick or thin as a visual con job that i dont think is the player's fault. And also how certain body positions skew delivery, despite visuals being correct.

I am asking or mentioning this originally because in that pivoting for CTE pro1, you discuss briefly about elbow positions and that told me you have a high understanding of mechanics and as you know, im not looking exactly for answers, just some answers if this is an actual concern reality or more boogieman phenomenon.

Thanks once again.

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Interesting. Three intelligent people from different parts of the country with very different backgrounds come into this forum and suddenly we have 65 IQs. The only common thread is... you. What does that tell you?

If you go back and look, it was peaceful in here and there were some interesting conversations while you were banned. I don't think the letters CTE ever popped up. So, without you it is a nice place to discuss things. How about taking one for the team and banning yourself like JB did. The problem isn't CTE, it's you.

Carry on with your ranting and raving. We've all tried to discuss things civilly with you but it just isn't possible. Back in the bit bin with you... *plonk*

stan shuffett

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Let me ask you a question, is CTE yours? I assume so but my question is legit, even if it sounds stupid. Im not trying to trap or bash and i will make my point if you choose to answer.

I will also get back to you on my previous post but I dont appreciate the snide "mysterious" assertions as if im going to accept being belittled, when in fact, i wasnt trying to mess with you. I'm trying to come to a dam understanding here for my own benefit and maybe others will benefit too.

However, and i warn you, that this may open another door of argument based on what is actually responsible for successful outcomes, because its a question of delivery, rather than visual system.

If you dont agree that the 2 go hand in hand, then just forget the whole thing, fair enough? That statement is obviously baited on the surface but not in essence to what you say is a mystery for me. It has nothing to do with CTE if you can get past that and trust me.

.....but it also has something to do with CTE in the sense of your personal point of view and if you feel it must be defended to that extent and thats where i can tell you right now, I wont take you seriously on that aspect.

So i guess, now thinking about it, heres a better question and if so, then you can just answer this: Is CTE, if its yours and i see no reason why it shouldnt be, is not just a visual system, but a mechanical one as well?

For instance, to my knowledge, Brian Crist is not saying one has to stand or physically align a certain way.

Thank you.

And for the record, a accomplished player told me that you can try to understand as much as possible, but when it comes time to compete, then its mostly feel.....and as of now, i am forced to agree based on a few things but i wouldnt bet my life on it, but his point is certainly in the lead.

If, you answer, then ill try to address this business or concern of mine of certain shot relationships on particular sides of the table pull one in thick or thin as a visual con job that i dont think is the player's fault. And also how certain body positions skew delivery, despite visuals being correct.

I am asking or mentioning this originally because in that pivoting for CTE pro1, you discuss briefly about elbow positions and that told me you have a high understanding of mechanics and as you know, im not looking exactly for answers, just some answers if this is an actual concern reality or more boogieman phenomenon.

Thanks once again.

You won't trap me.

CTE has always been. Hal Houle will forever get the credit for pioneering the phenomena. Having said that, Hal never presented all that he knew about CTE for various reasons. However, he did shed enough light on the phenomena that someone might be able to unlock it. I have done that and in the course of doing so, I have thoroughly defined it and refined it. My entire body of work devoted to the phenomena is known as CTE PRO ONE.

Is CTE mechanical?
No, CTE has nothing to do with machines but entirely to do with human vision and one's ability to align to what is seen in a very natural fluid-like manner.....

Stan Shuffett

paultex

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Lou has a interesting shooting style, I venture to say the interesting thing is eye manipulation.

Lou, you are using right eye for certain shots and left for others and a blend of both sometimes, correct? If you are shooting at the middle every time, I wonder if that was automatic or you figured out how to do it, because i hit the middle one time 2 months ago and it was pure luck.

I dont expect most to know what the hell im talking about but i suspect Lou does and i would bet on it but i wouldnt cry if i lost.

Koop

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
One jumping jack
One push up
One sit up

Jump up and shoot!

I miss a lot but I am in pretty good shape!