The ZAN Premier tip???

Bob 14:1

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This is an adjunct to a thread I did two years ago when I asked if the, then newer, Kamui Clear tips were indeed a gimmick.
http://forums.azbilliards.com/showth...+clear+gimmick

The tip in question this time is the one shown below. And before the LePro, Milkdud guys proceed to pummel me to death, I'm indeed aware that this tip, no matter how good or bad, carries a hugely inflated price tag. My in-home play and my current skill set emphatically do not merit such a cost, but more on that absolute cost below.

I also highly doubt they're handmade by a group of Asian Elves, who in addition to being highly talented players, are also skilled leather workers. I'm however, intrigued by the use of pig and also what I always thought equated the same, hog leather. I actually think my main draw is the mention of high "elasticity." I had a new Moori Medium installed on my player, and I think it plays well and also plays with a soft hit which I prefer. Frozen rail shots, and shooting when jacked up seemed to have improved for me with the Moori. The Moori also has an elasticity, that at least I think I perceive, and I would like to stay in that general arena by at least considering this tip.

However, this time around it's a bit different when it comes to cost. I see Seyberts do not charge labor when one buys a new shaft if the customer wishes to do a tip upgrade. So to swap out this tip for the factory installed Everest on my upcoming OB-XL+, the exorbitant tip retail probably comes to the same price if I were to swap out the Everest for a $3 tip from a local cuesmith. This tip actually comes in less than $10 more than a Moori Medium via Seyberts.

Of course, my initial expected question is to whether any members know anything about this tip, or even better, may have used it, or heard anything about it?

Liking a soft hit, I wonder if I may end up with a combination that plays along the lines of a wet noodle when I combine such a tip with the soft OB hit, stacked maple ferrule? I believe some of this is perhaps an unnecessary worry, since it'll go on my rather stiff hitting Schon.

zanpxx.jpg

I've found Seyberts has a drop down window next to this tip. It's the area where one would normally select the usual degrees of tip hardness. This nomenclature is totally confusing; not S,M or H. If anyone has a clue as to this gibberish, I'd really appreciate knowing how to read it. It reads as follows:
https://www.seyberts.com/cue-tips/za...pool-cue-tips/
TIP HARDNESS
GRIP HARD ZANPGRIP
SOFT ZANPS
MAX ZANPMAX

The ZAN Premier tips are a high quality laminated leather tip composed of nine layers of pig and hog leather. For each hardness, specific leathers are used which gives ZAN tips solidity and high elasticity. Using this unique approach, ZAN tips holds chalk exceptionally well. This in turn gives the player maximum control and consistency, no matter what shot they have at the table. Zan tips are handmade by experienced leather workers who play professionally as well. The consistency and attention to detail are evidence to their dedication to making the finest cue tips in the world.

Price is for 1 tip
PRICE: $27.95 $25.16

Kim Bye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I replied to your post in the main forum.
Give Zan a try, they are quality tips. I also recomend G2 tips and the new Moori tips: Ruby and Jewel (they also have a new tip called Jewel Malchite)