Lining up center cue ball and dominant eye

Hollismason

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So I got new glasses and ended up getting contacts . Well it seems to have an effect a little weird to aim with no glasses. Talked with my doctor about vision training and we talked a lot about convergence exercises. It's to early to tell if it's just my constant training or the actual change in eyes etc.. ,but I feel like I am hitting more center.

My drill is Tip to Tip usually do that 50 to 100 times when I play. In between drills and practice games. Overall I am seeing a improvement on this drill. I'm doing absolute tip to tip about 4 out 10 and other times it's very very close.

genomachino

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Glad to see your getting there.........

So I got new glasses and ended up getting contacts . Well it seems to have an effect a little weird to aim with no glasses. Talked with my doctor about vision training and we talked a lot about convergence exercises. It's to early to tell if it's just my constant training or the actual change in eyes etc.. ,but I feel like I am hitting more center.

My drill is Tip to Tip usually do that 50 to 100 times when I play. In between drills and practice games. Overall I am seeing a improvement on this drill. I'm doing absolute tip to tip about 4 out 10 and other times it's very very close.

Hi there Hollismason,
Glad to see your winning this battle with center eye. I'm getting back in the loop with training and teaching Perfect Aim again. This post tried to explain why we have trouble getting to center ball. It all seems to lead back to the dominant eye and being in the most dominant position. Once this is done getting to center is so much easier. But it will always be a work in progress. Once this dominant eye is in the most dominant position it not only is easier to get to center but the most correct picture of the alignment is going to the brain.
I'll make a deal with you. If you give me a call sometime while your at a pool table I will do the Perfect Aim lesson. if you like what you see, and you will, all I ask is that you post your opinion on the forum. Good or bad.
I guarantee you will be playing the best pool of your life almost immediately after our session.
Good luck with your game and looking forward to working with you. 715-563-8712

Low500

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Geno is th real deal...don't pass it up

Hi there Hollismason,
Glad to see your winning this battle with center eye. I'm getting back in the loop with training and teaching Perfect Aim again. This post tried to explain why we have trouble getting to center ball. It all seems to lead back to the dominant eye and being in the most dominant position. Once this is done getting to center is so much easier. But it will always be a work in progress. Once this dominant eye is in the most dominant position it not only is easier to get to center but the most correct picture of the alignment is going to the brain.
I'll make a deal with you. If you give me a call sometime while your at a pool table I will do the Perfect Aim lesson. if you like what you see, and you will, all I ask is that you post your opinion on the forum. Good or bad.
I guarantee you will be playing the best pool of your life almost immediately after our session.
Good luck with your game and looking forward to working with you. 715-563-8712
Hello there "young fellow" Geno!.....I'm happy to see you posting and considering getting back on the road.
You won't remember me, but about 3 years ago, I talked to you over the phone and you coached me with the importance of that dominant eye.....ESPECIALLY for older guys like me.
Remember me telling you that what I "saw" in full stance, seemed to unknowingly change when I got down into shooting position and I was missing balls right and left.
It was driving me crazy since I never had that trouble when I was younger and had been trained with the "Mosconi method" of both eyes over the cue
Your coaching (along with Shuffett's CTE method of determining those precise angles) sent my game through the roof.
I will be forever grateful to you for those phone lessons...guys who don't take advantage of it are really missing out. (especially the older ones).
I've found that when I am in full stance, (I'm a right hand player and right eye dominant), that if I bring that cuestick up into what Jimmy Reed calls "port arms" position and allow the joint of the stick to touch my right eyebrow when getting down to shoot, it really controls the tendency to maybe 'drift away' from your teachings.
This little 'trick' of mine has become a very good discipline tool.
I finally (after 60 years of playing) ran a 100 balls in a straight pool match recently. Got the money, kissed the pretty girls, and all that other stuff.
I owe most of it to You and Shuffett.....and naturally a little to myself for putting in the controlled WORK required to make it a habit. *pats self on back*:smile:
Thank you so very much and I hope your health remains stable and you live a long and productive life.
As for me, your teachings about getting into that dominant eye position is the "stone cold brazillians". (I've also noted that those Brit snooker players, who pocket those balls on those monster 6x12 tables, with so much consistency, adhere to this policy also.)
Regards,
Pete Lowenstein a.k.a. "Low 500"
Keep on truckin'
:thumbup:

genomachino

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Working on it right now.

hi genomachino
when do you think your new video will be release .
your website not working also

rolagator

Should be less than a month but you never know. Things just don't go the way you plan sometimes.

As far as the website I have someone working to convert it to facebook.. Sites been down for a few months.........