Ronnie Wiseman stiff's me for $3900

ShawnD

Registered
Just want to let everyone know that Ronnie stiffed me for $3900 at my poolroom in Hattiesburg. I am not a good player at all and he beat me at the same game that i happen to win this time. We played for 2 days straight and he paid me most of it but during our match in the middle of the night he promised to pay the next day if i let him continue to play. I thought there would be no problem. I know he had Scott Frost and Justin Hall hanging around with him and now he is saying they were in and he cant pay me until they pay him. That was not our agreement. I wanted to quit so this wouldnt happen but his words out of his mouth were I will pay you in full the next day. Well, guess what? He left town the next day and is trying to tell me they are responsible. I have talked to both of them and they are saying he is crazy. I am not going to chase the guy around or anything but i want to let everyone know what happened.

Ken_4fun

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Another example

How did he make it out with the money posted?

I know, it wasnt posted. But seems like another example of "MAKE-EM POST"

Sorry for your loss.

Ken

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
Well this is not good thing.
geerr.gif
geerr.gif
geerr.gif
geerr.gif

SUPERSTAR

I am Keyser Söze
Silver Member
We all know that Ronnie wouldn't be anything in the pool world if that guy that hit the Powerball didn't stick him and Alex in games so long ago.

Guess he doesn't have the unlimited bank account anymore.

Last edited:

merkyone

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
but i just saw him on espn the other day... how could he not pay when he was on espn... sorry to hear that shawn. on a brighter note congrats on the little one hope everyone is well.

ShawnD

Registered
Your right i didnt make him post. We were playing by the game $700 a game to be exact and we never raised or lowered the bet. I do think it is my fault for not making him post. I thought his reputation or word was worth more than that. I intend to make sure everyone knows what happened so that he thinks twice of doing things like that.

StrokeofLuck

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
For curiosity, how are you "not a good player at all" and beat Ronnie Wiseman in a long session like that?

ShawnD

Registered
He was giving me 10-6 & the breaks. He beat me out of $5k like this already. He got every dime also. I only played because it was at my poolroom. I did it for business. Which tons of people have been showing up for action. Like I said Frost, Justin Hall and Johnny Demet or "rocket" showed up at the same time. Everyone from New Orleans have been showing up & matching up.

ShawnD

Registered
The guy couldnt make a ball. I dont understand. He played horrible. I guess that is why he kept playing. I own the poolroom but am only in town about 5 days a month. Ask anyone on here who knows me.

BVal

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
ShawnD said:
We were playing by the game $700 a game to be exact and we never raised or lowered the bet.

$3900/7=?:confused: :grin-square:
He said he paid most of it. Obviously $3,900 is the balance.

BVal

Snapshot9

son of 3 leg 1 eye dog ..
Silver Member
Wait a minute

if he started on 'air' in the middle of the night, how much actual cash did you win prior to that? And yes, it is your fault, you stepped right into it. When it gets to over $500, noone's word is good.

And you must have started at $3-400 a game, because at $700 a game, it would either be $3500 or $4200, but not $3900. (or a partial payment of a $700 game).

(and a word to the wise out there, it is great when a player outruns the nuts, but more times than not, they do not).

And those guys might have been in it .... for him to win, not to lose.

Last edited:

poolcuemaster

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sounds like somebody needs an a$$whoopin down there, ask Scotty to collect for half. L O L I hope you get paid.--Leonard

Robertduke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Snapshot9 said:
And those guys might have been in it .... for him to win, not to lose.

This reminds me of a story I over heard Tony Coleman telling,Truman at the derby one year.. Cornbread Red comes up to Coleman and tells him that the guy on table two is a complete sucker and wants to play him some for 200 a game.. Red said Ill take half your action.. Well Coleman gets up and plays him the guy runs a 6 plays safe runs a 3 plays safe and runs another 6.. Well Coleman is furious. Hes looking for Red for his half and Red says "Tony I was only in on half If you won." ::mad:

Last edited:

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
In God we trust - All others must post! Sorry, you had an AIR BARREL fired at you and you let him Keep Firing.

See Scooter's philosophy on Firing the Air Barrel. Keep this in mind next time you think someone is "good for it".

Scooter Goodman's views on the Air Barrel can be found on www.theactionreport.com

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
ShawnD said:
Just want to let everyone know that Ronnie stiffed me for $3900 at my poolroom in Hattiesburg. I am not a good player at all and he beat me at the same game that i happen to win this time. We played for 2 days straight and he paid me most of it but during our match in the middle of the night he promised to pay the next day if i let him continue to play. I thought there would be no problem. I know he had Scott Frost and Justin Hall hanging around with him and now he is saying they were in and he cant pay me until they pay him. That was not our agreement. I wanted to quit so this wouldnt happen but his words out of his mouth were I will pay you in full the next day. Well, guess what? He left town the next day and is trying to tell me they are responsible. I have talked to both of them and they are saying he is crazy. I am not going to chase the guy around or anything but i want to let everyone know what happened.

These things happen Shawn and I'm sure you are aware of it too. For a bet that size, my preference would be to post one game and then pay after each game. Anything over 100 a game, I'll make my man post. Although I have been stiffed for as little as $100 at 20 a game. Even for a social bet like $20, I like to pay every two games to avoid any problems.