Tweeten rapid cue top sander

jb1911

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Has anyone damaged a shaft by clamping it in this device? I'd like to buy one but I'm concerned about damage. Probably a silly question.

Johnny Banjo

Registered
I've use the Tweeten rapid cue top sander for years. Where it clamps to the shaft is bare metal so I lined that area with some thin vinyl to help protect the shaft.
Apparently there is a made in china knock-off of this sander which I bought originally. The quality was terrible. When I complained to Tweeten, Skip Nemecek, the owner of Tweeten , informed me of the knock-off that I had and sent me the authentic Tweeten cue top sander. The quality difference is amazing, thicker metal, better handle, and tighter tolerances, Also made is USA. There is an actual Tweeten sticker on the sandind disk on the real product. It was a pleasure talking to Skip and for him to send me a free replacement when I originally ordered from a knock-off company was something I'll never forget and very much appreciate.

ShadowKing

Registered
I've use the Tweeten rapid cue top sander for years. Where it clamps to the shaft is bare metal so I lined that area with some thin vinyl to help protect the shaft.
Apparently there is a made in china knock-off of this sander which I bought originally. The quality was terrible. When I complained to Tweeten, Skip Nemecek, the owner of Tweeten , informed me of the knock-off that I had and sent me the authentic Tweeten cue top sander. The quality difference is amazing, thicker metal, better handle, and tighter tolerances, Also made is USA. There is an actual Tweeten sticker on the sandind disk on the real product. It was a pleasure talking to Skip and for him to send me a free replacement when I originally ordered from a knock-off company was something I'll never forget and very much appreciate.

Very nice.
Glad to hear it. Thats sounds very good. I envy your experience.

oneplus 2 tasche

Last edited:

gardener28

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Very good!
Damn, just found out that mine is the cheap Chinese version..