Reno Sands Regency Open 1990s

DrCue'sProtege

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Anybody out there still watch the Accu-Stats videos of the Sands Regency Reno Open tournaments from back in the 1990s? I have quite a few of these and will probably be buying some more. Just wondering if I am the only one that still watches and buys these.

r/DCP

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have a bunch of those, good playing and great commentary. I tend to watch those as much as any of the newer matches.

Kevin Lindstrom

14.1 Addict
Silver Member
I remember attending those tournaments in the late 80's and early 90's. Sure wished things were still like that.

Kevin

wahcheck

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Me too

I have many videos of those days too.
I attended many of the Sand Reno Tournaments. (Good times)
The ones that stand out in my mind:
1) One tournament where I heard that after Earl won the $10,000 first prize and proceeded to stay up that night losing it all at the tables. He said it was because the Sands got him drunk and said he would never return to that tournament. (I think he did return)
2) The tournament that Kim Davenport beat Earl in the Finals and did a funny victory dance at Earl before he made the last 9 ball.
3) The tournament where Efren made the famous "Z" bank shot in the Finals against Earl, and won the tournament.
4) The tournament where I watched Tony Annigoni beat Louie Lemke out of
$5,000 at 9-ball (10 ahead) in what seemed like less than one hour.
5) The tournaments where Bucktooth was always barking and yapping in the Practice room at anybody to give him the nuts. (Fun and funny)

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
Okay, I admit it, I'm cheap....went there in 2004....Rodney Morris won the tournament.
...but what I remember most is the cost of the room for 9 days...$20 a night.....:happydance:

Didn't cash....but showed a profit of almost a G-note for the trip...playing blackjack.
Been to Reno three times..showed a profit three times.....
....Reno trembles when I deplane...:wink:

wahcheck

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
craps win

I think the Reno Sands was also where Jay wrote that he and Keith and some other pros won big at the Craps tables; so much that they finally closed down the table??!!

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
I think the Reno Sands was also where Jay wrote that he and Keith and some other pros won big at the Craps tables; so much that they finally closed down the table??!!

True story, we busted the Crap table at the Sands (not really but we made them cry Uncle). The full story is in Pool Wars.