Bumper Recommendations

Camoxjeep

Gold Crown I
I have a GC I and looking to replace bumpers and felt. I know I have Brunswick Superspeed bumpers, I can find them around $150. What about any other brands? Are the $50 brands the same (proform, some on amazon)? Or just go with the Superspeeds? Also what is the best thickness for the facings?
Thanks

CuesDirectly

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have a Gold Crown that was produced in September of 62.

The bumpers on it are the best I have ever played with but I am no Pro. Prior to that I had the Outhouse Santa Ana with good rails. The Santa Ana is considered to be a real nice table according to the owner of the CueBall here in Salem Oregon, he was impressed and bought the table from me.

The Gold Crown rails work great with bank shots, the outhouse did not.

Good thing you posted here, there are some people who are true experts on these tables, I am not.

Don't go with cheap bumpers.

Camoxjeep

Gold Crown I
I think I've decided to just go with the superspeed bumpers. Doing this myself and since I'm saving money I might as well use it to buy quality. Also doing a complete paint job, might as well do that also since I've got it apart.

Bobkitty

I said: "Here kitty, kitty". Got this frown.
Gold Member
Silver Member
I have a GC I and looking to replace bumpers and felt. I know I have Brunswick Superspeed bumpers, I can find them around $150. What about any other brands? Are the $50 brands the same (proform, some on amazon)? Or just go with the Superspeeds? Also what is the best thickness for the facings?
Thanks

I spent the big $$ for custom rails and the maker recommended the best he knew on and that is using Superspeed over all others. Artimus is more expensive but I'm told it's too bouncy and meant for billiard tables. I've seen Accufast in action and see nothing wrong with it but what do I know? If I were you, I'd replace the old rubber with new Superspeed cushions. But...they need to be set at the right height, angle, cloth covered and stretched correctly, etc. Who do you trust to do that? You'll be taking a big chance with local yokels. Good Luck. Remember most pool halls and their mechanics are only geared to geterdone and move on. Their tables are like government work.. close enough. At least enough to make money. Post this in the Mechanic section and you might get some expert advice.