Velocity Pro worsted durability

lwnexgen

Hey All -

We just got a free cheap 7-foot Playmaster table into our office. My buddy and I are looking to redo the felt on it since the stuff that is on there now is pretty beat up.

Our budget is about $150 for this project, and the only worsted felt I can find at that price is Velocity Pro (on clearance in ugly-ass Navy or Olive, but w/e).

The table sees probably about 10-15 games of 9-ball on it a day, which would be high for home use but pretty low for a pool hall or a bar - wondering whether anyone has any experience with how long that felt will hold up under those conditions.

greyghost

Coast to Coast
Silver Member
Hey All -

We just got a free cheap 7-foot Playmaster table into our office. My buddy and I are looking to redo the felt on it since the stuff that is on there now is pretty beat up.

Our budget is about $150 for this project, and the only worsted felt I can find at that price is Velocity Pro (on clearance in ugly-ass Navy or Olive, but w/e).

The table sees probably about 10-15 games of 9-ball on it a day, which would be high for home use but pretty low for a pool hall or a bar - wondering whether anyone has any experience with how long that felt will hold up under those conditions.

had the olive once ona table years back....had it 2.5 years and held up very well.

billy-ks

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Have been using it in my pool room the last 6 or 7 years. Plays great and wear is great also. For the price, it's the only thing I would put in a pool room. Now on a home table I would use nothing other than Simonis HR

greyghost

Coast to Coast
Silver Member
Have been using it in my pool room the last 6 or 7 years. Plays great and wear is great also. For the price, it's the only thing I would put in a pool room. Now on a home table I would use nothing other than Simonis HR

It's been on my old table now in tourney green for 5+ years since I sold it to a friend....playes handful of times a week. Cloth is got some stretch since it's so old but has held up wonderfully, they will probably have me redo the table soon as the rails are starting to harden after 40 years lol. I def recommend the velocity to others

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk