What can you get for $3000?

limache

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So I'm looking at the predator revo 20th anniversary that's like 3000 bucks and I was wondering what can 3 grand get you as an alternative such as custom cues etc?

Sent from my iPhone using AzBilliards Forums

bdcues

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So I'm looking at the predator revo 20th anniversary that's like 3000 bucks and I was wondering what can 3 grand get you as an alternative such as custom cues etc?

A nearly endless array of beautiful cues built to your specs or left to the makers.

LIAKOS27

NOT banned (yet)
Silver Member

I wouldn't buy a predator! Had them and had bad luck! Ever since I switched to Mike Webb shafts, I couldn't be happier! Only reason I don't have a full cue from Mike is I'll ruin the butt in my basement! I hit the walls and lolly columns all the time! I've literally destroyed my butt! I can almost see through the goudges!

I played predator, unless you can get your hands on the OLD pre cat stuff, it's way over priced weak cues!

Eli

Kim Bye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This will be a discussion about taste. But in my view you can get alot more cue than the Predator aniversary cue. If you want to go with a big company, Exceed would be the obvious choice. From a cuemaker you can get a true work of art for 3000, and even for less.
Look at some of the beautifull cues in the picture section. A really blinged out Cohen can be had for about two grand.

louieatienza

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
As many here, I'd support the independent builders, many of which are members here and would probably make you something spectacular for that price...

limache

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I thought about custom and I thought - with custom, if it ever breaks, then you can't really replace it right? Even if the cuemaker replaces it, will it play the same as before? I just thought every custom cue would play a little different and thus not replaceable

Superiorduper

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If you're worried about breaking it why spend that much in the first place, nice cues don't just break unless they're being neglected

pdcue

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I thought about custom and I thought - with custom, if it ever breaks, then you can't really replace it right? Even if the cuemaker replaces it, will it play the same as before? I just thought every custom cue would play a little different and thus not replaceable

Deeply flawed thinking - IMHO.

Dale

limache

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This will be a discussion about taste. But in my view you can get alot more cue than the Predator aniversary cue. If you want to go with a big company, Exceed would be the obvious choice. From a cuemaker you can get a true work of art for 3000, and even for less.
Look at some of the beautifull cues in the picture section. A really blinged out Cohen can be had for about two grand.

I've never heard of exceed before. I'll check them out.

For custom cues, does the cuemaker just design something and you just have to accept it? How much input in the design do you get?

Renegade_56

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

For custom cues, does the cuemaker just design something and you just have to accept it? How much input in the design do you get?

As much as you are willing to pay for really. Let him build it to play well, while you voice your choice on cosmetics. That said, do you really think a $3k cue will play better than a $1k cue?

conetip

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

You will not get a custom cue to play like the Revo shaft does.
Really your decision is , do you want a nice cue with a Revo shaft,
or do you just have 3 k to buy a cue with?
No wood shaft is ever going to be like a Revo shaft, and No Revo shaft is ever going to be like a wood shaft cue.
If you like the composite route for a cue shaft, go with a Revo.
The other option is to get a Revo shaft, and then get maker of choice to build you a handle. Getting the whole deal from the people who make the shaft is most likely going to give you the cue you are actually after. Expecting a maker to match a carbon shaft may not be so easy though.
Mainly due to the carbon shaft being very different to their wood shafts that they are familiar with.
My take on it anyway.
Neil

cuenut

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Get on Facebook and look at "Premium Custom Cues for Sale". You could probably even get 2 really nice customs for that price.

Kim Bye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Miki, who also make Mezz, has a luxury range of cues, Exceed. Very high quality cues.
www.exceedcue.com
As for custom cues, it depends on the maker. Most have a basic philosophy when it comes to construction, but other than that, you can have pretty much what you want.

Last edited:

limache

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I ended up just getting this.

https://www.reddit.com/r/billiards/...s_carlos_coll_in_los/?st=J4170PHQ&sh=6229e0f0

IMG_0610.JPG

IMG_0603.JPGIMG_0602.JPGIMG_0600.JPG

I just spent a little over a thousand. I don't think the revo cue at 3k is really worth it.

I ended up really loving this cue and I can see why custom cues are sought after now!

Last edited:

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
enjoy your cue
and thanks for the follow up post since often we never learn what an op decides
:thumbup:

Nuts4Tascarellas

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Monster

Did you ever see the thread that I put up on cue and Case gallery named Biggest Baddest Jensen? Take a look at it. I would sell that for 3K.