How to pick out a new cue

Ironhead1970

Registered
I've only been seriously playing for the last 6 months and I'm looking at getting a new cue in $300-$400 range within the next 60 days. Right now I'm playing with a older Action cue that I picked up cheap I really like the size of the taper its a smaller diameter then any of the other real cheap cues I've used. I know it's a pro taper I guess it's 11mm. I guess I just need to start studying and learning about all the different cues in my price range. Any ideas to help me along my journey of playing this wonderful game would be appreciated.

Mcues

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've only been seriously playing for the last 6 months and I'm looking at getting a new cue in $300-$400 range within the next 60 days. Right now I'm playing with a older Action cue that I picked up cheap I really like the size of the taper its a smaller diameter then any of the other real cheap cues I've used. I know it's a pro taper I guess it's 11mm. I guess I just need to start studying and learning about all the different cues in my price range. Any ideas to help me along my journey of playing this wonderful game would be appreciated.

Make friends with other players and try their cues. :) decide what you like and don't like about your current cue(probably not 11mm have somebody measure that for you) and then it is matter of looks.

Mario

Type79

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The Pool Cue Book

Buy this book. Atlas had it and it was only something like $7.50. Everything you might need to know about selecting a cue is explained in detail.

Attachments

• Pool Cue Book.jpg
    Pool Cue Book.jpg
    201.2 KB · Views: 142