Do you envision a future where our shafts won't get wood?

mchnhed

I Came, I Shot, I Choked
Silver Member
The Future is Now!

Too Late!
The Future is Now!
Oops, now it's the past.

mchnhed

I Came, I Shot, I Choked
Silver Member
One day our shafts won't get wood?
They have pills for that.

Seriously, yes.
Just look at bicycles.
I'm just waiting for the price to come down and for the Chinese knock-offs to be sold on Alibaba.

PS: I didn't mean to make fun of your English.
I know it's not your first language.

Last edited:

mchnhed

I Came, I Shot, I Choked
Silver Member
Touché, Mon'Ami.

Is carbon fiber shafts the future? Like tennis, one day our shafts won't get wood...

Sent from my iPhone using AzBilliards Forums

They have pills for that.

Seriously, yes.
Just look at bicycles.
I'm just waiting for the price to come down and for the Chinese knock-offs to be sold on Alibaba.

PS: I didn't mean to make fun of your English.
I know it's not your first language.

Sometimes bad English comes in handy for the full double entendre effect...

Straightpool_99

I see dead balls
Silver Member
Sometimes bad English comes in handy for the full double entendre effect...

I think it was intended in this case. Anyway, yes I believe cues will have carbon shafts in the very near future. Once the manufacturers move production to China, they will steal the tech and sell them at 1/2 price, while still getting a decent profit. Then the factory workers will move half the product out the back door and sell it even cheaper on Ali Baba. It's what they do over there. And we'll be happy to buy Predator knockoffs at 200-250 dollars, some will even buy the stolen product from out the backdoor. Maybe not you or me, but many of the pool players will, and all it takes is many of them.

cubswin

Just call me Joe...
Silver Member
I'll just stick with good old maple until it is no longer available. Don't think that will happen anytime soon.

mchnhed

I Came, I Shot, I Choked
Silver Member

Attachments

• IMG_1079.JPG
    IMG_1079.JPG
    56.6 KB · Views: 418

cluelesscuer

I see poolhalls even going this way with house sticks. Just like baseball. Why are their aluminum bats at everything but the pro level? $$$$

Coop1701

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This technology has been around forever. I am still shocked Predator is getting by with this.

Straightpool_99

I see dead balls
Silver Member

Those are woven, not the same as the Predator ones at all. But they'll get there soon enough. The Chineese are experts at industrial espionage and betrayal.

Graphite cues have been around for decades. They hit like shit and cannot stand up to any sort of punishment at all. These are not even close to being the same as a Predator Revo.

Coop1701

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Graphite cues have been around for decades. They hit like shit and cannot stand up to any sort of punishment at all. These are not even close to being the same as a Predator Revo.

Why is that? I had a graphite and titanium cue 17 years ago. They both hit awful. But why is Revo better?

Straightpool_99

I see dead balls
Silver Member
Why is that? I had a graphite and titanium cue 17 years ago. They both hit awful. But why is Revo better?

I'm not some Revo fanboy or Predator rep. But the carbon fiber composite in the Revo is different and the fibers are uni directional, rather than wowen in the fashion of these blanks shown previously. Anyhow, it hits different than wood, but it's not the awful hit that your old graphite cues had.

cluelesscuer

I do know when it comes to sliding through your hand especially when humid, graphite is way worse than wood and the Revo surpasses both.

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have played with a Revo shaft and a few other non-wood shafts. No thanks. Did not help my game, no feel in the hit. More less deflection by itself does not make for a better shaft.